Hacking Alternate Firmware/Loader for R4 SDHC Dual-Core 2013?

Blundermann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. First post here, so if it's in the wrong place or if I'm doing something wrong, let me know. Thanks.

I was wondering if it's possible on the R4 SHDC Dual-Core (this one) to replace the firmware with a different firmware/loader.

The card is made to run it's own modded verson of R4 Wood I can see, but while trying to replace the specific one for the R4 sdhc with the official r4 wood, it sticks on the loading screen, even though the _DS_MENU.dat and the _rpg folder [seem] identical on both the specific and official.
Edit: Actually ANY firmware other than the one I use that is even related to those two files (r4 wood) will stick on the loading screen. I also tried renaming _ds_menu.dat to an nds but that broke things and it turns out that's not how those work...Silly me

I was looking to see if there was some sort of firmware mod or some kind of patch to make it so it removes the restriction to only their specific modded verison of wood, but any loader, much like the Acekard can, and what many other flashcarts can do. For example running an .nds at startup?

The built-in version is...odd. I can't change the skins, The settings are not very extensive, and I can't use things like MAIO.

Perhaps it's impossible considering it's a fake r4 that some donkus scammed me for, but perhaps there is a way?

If all else fails, could someone suggest what other flashcards can do what I like?

Thanks so much for reading all that and all help is greatly appreciated. :3

-Blundermann

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8