Hacking Already on 3.42. Update?

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 3.42 awhile back before reading into how easy it was to jailbreak, so I'm screwed on that end. From what I can tell, there will be no way to jailbreak 3.42 anytime soon. Now there's a new update that I need to install before using the store or PSN. I'm not too keen on how PS3 jailbreaking works, is there any chance of 3.42 being jailbroken soon? If not, I'm considering just updating, that way I can have access to PSN, as that's very important to me.

assam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeh same here................. my firmware is on 3.42 as well..................... is it posible to buy a jailbreak for that version//////

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
assam said:
yeh same here................. my firmware is on 3.42 as well..................... is it posible to buy a jailbreak for that version//////
No its not possible to buy a jailbreak and probably never will be.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
There will be a solution soon enough. Remember, the folks who didn't update have got full control over the PS3 at all levels and decoding a FW update on there shouldn't take too long, after all CFW has already been 'confirmed' by a hacker team.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im on 3.42 also..
But it doesn't matter for me, I need my online play; Sony can detect if you're using jailbreak
tongue.gif

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just my opinion, if you look at other hacking scenes. Anytime a company has made public about future firmware releases, its just not practical to hack every incremental release. 3.42 was a band-aid and rushed out, but 3.50 has been on the radar. 3.50 actaully adds features, whereas 3.42 just blocks jailbreak. I would expect to see a 3.50 jailbreak workaround, before we'd see a 3.42 jailbreak.

I'm not recomending anyone to update, but that seems the most logical to me. Why bother spending the time on 3.42 when 3.50 actaully adds features to the system. Other than that, its just a matter of time before CFW or other great things are possible!

Personally, I'd love to see a CFW for 3.50 that would let me play my legit games on PSN, and still install the homebrew emu's and programs!

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Crazzy1 said:
Im on 3.42 also..
But it doesn't matter for me, I need my online play; Sony can detect if you're using jailbreak
tongue.gif

If you really need online play. You need to switch to 3.50 lol

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Livin in a box said:
There will be a solution soon enough. Remember, the folks who didn't update have got full control over the PS3 at all levels
Woah, no. They only have level-2 (GameOS). The hypervisor is still a barrier.
Oh yeah, but they do have all that SDK and other stuff that leaked the other week with the pin-points on the mobo so someone might be able to do something with that.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foxgrey said:
Just my opinion, if you look at other hacking scenes. Anytime a company has made public about future firmware releases, its just not practical to hack every incremental release. 3.42 was a band-aid and rushed out, but 3.50 has been on the radar. 3.50 actaully adds features, whereas 3.42 just blocks jailbreak. I would expect to see a 3.50 jailbreak workaround, before we'd see a 3.42 jailbreak.

I'm not recomending anyone to update, but that seems the most logical to me. Why bother spending the time on 3.42 when 3.50 actaully adds features to the system. Other than that, its just a matter of time before CFW or other great things are possible!

Personally, I'd love to see a CFW for 3.50 that would let me play my legit games on PSN, and still install the homebrew emu's and programs!

True, it may be better to update to 3.5 if you are already on 3.42. If you updated to 3.42, chances are you had to in order to do online play or PSN. May as well update to 3.5. I see updates as modules of coding, with each firmware release, they update specific modules of coding vs the whole firmware. Chances are, an exploit that works for 3.42 will also work on 3.5 unless they did addition security improvements.

But like what has been said, it sounds completely possible for a team to come up with custom firmwares that keep the PS3 jailbreakable and all of the additional resources that Sony releases.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stating the obvious, but if online play is really important to you and you still want to jailbreak you ps3, buy a second ps3 and keep one for online and one for "backups". Seems rather unlikely that jailbreak will work on 3.42 anytime soon. And when and if custom firmware is released, you will most likely still need to have a Ps3 on 3.41 to install the CFW. The custom firmware would hopefully allow games that require 3.42 or above to be played without the jailbreak blocking stuff and potentially allow for jailbroken ps3s to be used online, however its doubtful the release of CFW would somehow allow the jailbreak exploit to work firmwares above 3.41

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte