Hacking "Almost official" Acekard 2i Box Art!

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://img198.images...acekardcopy.jpg

First off, I have to thank Beatter for his work on the original box art.

I've highly modified his original box art to provide the most authentic label you can get. All you need is a nice sheet of glossy paper, a printer that actually isn't crappy, pro cutting skills(Please ask your parents to help you if you are six or younger*), and a DS game box, and you can have your own professional looking Acekard 2i box!

(I tried to do the printing myself, but I find myself short of "the printer that isn't crappy", and the "nice sheet of glossy paper", so it looked like crap, but if you have those, it'll look grrrreat!)

*Click This is not responsible for any injuries or deaths, including, but not limited to, misuse or improper use of rulers, boxcutters, household knives, or scissors. This includes complications stemming from stabs, cuts, blunt trauma, choking, or suicide.

Reactions: 1 person

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
although, I dont have and acekard (heck, I dont even have a DS! xD) it's nicely done!

I like how it says "Not licenced by Nintendo" and then it's says "Licenced by Nintendo" :lol:

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
someone will find this thread 6+ months from now and that link will be dead =P. so i took the liberty of hosting your image on my gbatemp account.

http://gbatemp.net/uploads/gallery/album_186/gallery_111084_186_166763.jpg

-another world

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Protip: If you don't have a spare empty DS case laying around the house, you can get one from GameStop (or whatever used game store you have in your area). They can usually give you one or two for free if you ask ;)

Nice work, Click This!

And I don't know if this is of any help, but here are some high-res scans of the actual Acekard box (front and back):
Download

Maybe you can use it to sharpen up those icons on the back side a little bit (if you want).

*EDIT 1*
Just throwing another idea out there, but in that empty space where you took out the ESRB rating, maybe you can put in the logos for akAIO and MAIO.

*EDIT 2*
I like how this guy used the actual barcode from the box. Yours currently uses the one for Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Not really a big thing, but I just wanted to offer suggestions for improvement :grog:

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Protip: If you don't have a spare empty DS case laying around the house, you can get one from GameStop (or whatever used game store you have in your area). They can usually give you one or two for free if you ask ;)

Nice work, Click This!

And I don't know if this is of any help, but here are some high-res scans of the actual Acekard box (front and back):
Download

Maybe you can use it to sharpen up those icons on the back side a little bit (if you want).

*EDIT 1*
Just throwing another idea out there, but in that empty space where you took out the ESRB rating, maybe you can put in the logos for akAIO and MAIO.

*EDIT 2*
I like how this guy used the actual barcode from the box. Yours currently uses the one for Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Not really a big thing, but I just wanted to offer suggestions for improvement :grog:
Time to go to gamestop and try then :O

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nice work, Click This!

Download

*EDIT 1*

*EDIT 2*
Time to go to gamestop and try then :O

I had a go at this, all I netted was a cheap, beaten down, 3rd party box. Hey better than nothing, but Nintendo also sells the boxes bulk, $7 for 10, which isn't too bad.

@[member='egg']: Nice job! Too bad the gbatemp uploader resizes images though, that doesn't help printing quality. >.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I had a go at this, all I netted was a cheap, beaten down, 3rd party box. Hey better than nothing, but Nintendo also sells the boxes bulk, $7 for 10, which isn't too bad.
I guess it just depends on the store, what day you go, and who you ask. I've done it a few times before and have always gotten decent cases. One of those times the employee gave me a crappy case, and I asked him if he had a nicer one and he actually found one.

But if anyone wants to order DS Game Card Cases (as they're technically called by Nintendo themselves):
10 for $7 (gray)
5 for $4 (red)

They also sell them individually ($1 per case).

aluckymuse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just done my own Acekard 2i DS box cover, as I was looking for references while I was making it, I found this thread. I figured I should share what I've made because it might help others out.

Attachments

• acekardi2.jpg
    acekardi2.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 393

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards