D

Deleted User

New Black Fin Dongle Pictures! Perhaps this isn't fake after all? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CiBhnpKU4AE_sF7.jpg

cobra_blackfin2.jpg

cobra_blackfin1-768x400.jpg

D

Deleted User

I wish this was real piracy. However it is just gaming sharing over wifi *cries*
Actually, according to Wololo, the Black Fin works by searching for another player over P2P and using their security authentication instead of just breaking DRM...

Instead of breaking the PS Vita’s DRMs in any way, the device would connect to a p2p network, finding a gamer with the actual game cartridge to handle the game authentication steps, before running a backup of the game locally on the priate’s side.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, according to Wololo, the Black Fin works by searching for another player over P2P and using their security authentication instead of breaking DRM...

Instead of breaking the PS Vita’s DRMs in any way, the device would connect to a p2p network, finding a gamer with the actual game cartridge to handle the game authentication steps, before running a backup of the game locally on the priate’s side.

Wait so you need to find someone with the game then it installs it on your system? You don't have to be in the same network? Waaa I am confused

D

Deleted User

Wait so you need to find someone with the game then it installs it on your system? You don't have to be in the same network? Waaa I am confused
Well from what I can gather, since there is a Vita cartridge-shaped object in the picture that looks like it can hold a microSD card, you might have to download a Vita game dump from somewhere on the internet, place it on the root of the MicroSD, put the MicroSD into the cartridge, and then plug it into the Black Fin, where it will search for a user who has the actual game + security/DRM authentication for it. (through a p2p network).

Don't quote me on this; this is just purely speculation and I think I am bound to be wrong... :wink:

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well from what I can gather, since there is a Vita cartridge-shaped object in the picture that looks like it can hold a microSD card, you might have to download a Vita game dump from somewhere on the internet, place it on the root of the MicroSD, put the MicroSD into the cartridge, and then plug it into the Black Fin, where it will search for a user who has the actual game + security/DRM authentication for it. (through a p2p network).

Don't quote me on this; this is just purely speculation and I think I am bound to be wrong... :wink:
Well. Rip pirating project diva X. I guess stewie has it but does he have to have the blackfin as well?

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why, lol? You could potentially pirate it! I'm sure they have put a lot of thought into how people are going to easily find someone with a legit copy of the game, and doesn't have a Black Fin.

Nope.
Well then I'll definitely buy this with luck it comes out around my Bday when i get some extra cash :D

Reactions: Deleted User

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Vlad_78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also, while I'm still here, I'll go ahead and say that the Black Fin looks as if it's being listed on Taobao.com, but not for sale just yet...

Price looks like it's gonna be ¥499.00 ($76.29; £52.98) looking at the picture...

cobra_black_fin_taobao_77.jpg

:arrow: By the way, all my sources are coming from Wololo.net (http://wololo.net/2016/05/09/cobra-blackfin-resurfaces/)
But this flash card works last 3.60 ?

veio do meu grão prime usando trepa taka

D

Deleted User

At this point you'd expect it to work on all firmware's.
That's what I thought, you see.... however, I bet it won't be long before Sony steps in and takes legal action or something... you know what they are like in this day and age for piracy/CFW on their consoles and shit. ;)

Then again, they might not do anything after all, and they'll probably just jump out with a big patch for it or something... you just never know with Sony today, I guess....

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

if it works it would be awesome, there are many vita games i want to try out

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The potential for this is there.

I never board with piracy unless I have a reason to. My reason is that Sony not only stopped the PSN service for the old PSP (effectively rendering my PSP GO useless), but also the only messy way they provide of getting new games is by downloading Media Go, something I only found out recently.

Well, I checked out their prices for 10 year old PSP games, and they are ridiculously over-priced.

If this proves to be real, I'll buy one in a heartbeat.

Last edited by WhiteMaze,

tuxdude143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If I'm being honest I kinda don't want this to be real.
Sure it would be cool but... really the vita has probably survived this long and still has games coming out for it because it is a valid platform for developers to release games onto due to the complete lack of piracy.
If this does turn out to be real this might end up just shortening the vita's lifespan in the end and that would be a real shame.
I mean, I'm willing to buy games to support sony and the devs because I think the games are worth the money I would pay for them. Plus (unlike nintendo at least) they don't really overprice the games.
In my personal opinion all I can see coming out of this is bad stuff if it turns out to be real. Developers will lose money, companies might start moving away from the vita (or possibly just vita publishing in the west even) because piracy is becoming an issue and the vita might be dead in the water quicker than expected. I mean, that is just my 2 cents though. I personally won't be supporting this thing

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol