Hacking advise me flashcart setup for DS Lite

go-vegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
so i'm planning to get DS Lite that can play GBA games too.
i'm totally new in this and i see there is mumbo jumbo of info about those flashcarts (some went out of bussiness, some dont update anymore, some are fake clones, some are glitchy...)

it is 2015. and i would like to know which flashcard (or combo slot1 + slot2) is best for DS Lite right now, what are my choices?
i was going to get some android emulator, but i really like DS Lite's legendary battery life.

HELP ME GET ME MY DS LITE :cry:

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so i'm planning to get DS Lite that can play GBA games too.
i'm totally new in this and i see there is mumbo jumbo of info about those flashcarts (some went out of bussiness, some dont update anymore, some are fake clones, some are glitchy...)

it is 2015. and i would like to know which flashcard (or combo slot1 + slot2) is best for DS Lite right now, what are my choices?
i was going to get some android emulator, but i really like DS Lite's legendary battery life.

HELP ME GET ME MY DS LITE :cry:

Regarding SLOT1:
If you don't plan on using the flashcard later on a 3DS, get something cheap, eg. an Acekard2i and put AKAIO in it. (I have this one on my DSLite and it works quite well)
I suppose if you don't plan using it on a DSi, you can get an Acekard2.1 that is very cheap (I don't have experience with this one, but I suppose it has the same compatibility as the 2i)
If you want to use it later on a 3DS, get an R4i GOLD.
If you want some advanced emulators that use the card as kind of a coprocessor, get a Supercard DsTwo. WARNING: I know you appreciate battery life, and the DsTwo drains way more battery than the other suggested cards.

Regarding SLOT2:
Get an EZFlash 3in1 (actually, I had that one and worked quite well)

Reactions: go-vegan

go-vegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
THANK YOU, after some research, i dug up same info as you suggested me,
p.s. I'm not planning on getting 3DS anytime soon, it is old retro style RPG's i am after.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i have a ds lite, and a EZ IV is the best..
in my opinion is much better than a 3in1...

yeah it gets a bit out of the ds lite, but the card is great...

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
whats the difference with the 3in1+ models? more memory?
is there a PHAT (gba size) version of the + model?

It has 512Mb Nor whereas the other models have 256Mb. Only my EZ V running a beta kernel seems to make use of the extra memory though, you can flash multiple games to the Nor with it. GBA Exploader only supports 256Mb of the 512Mb. I've never tried flashing anything over 256Mb with Wood as I haven't got anything above that size to test. There isn't a Phat version 3in1+.

nccom
Here is proof the 3in1+ works in Wood. Official Support was added in Wood v1.44. qwertymodo actually added it before this.

Wood R4 V1.44 update content < Feb 3rd, 2012 >
Core update:
extlink support.
3in1+ support. opera works, gba launch from psram/nor works, even rumble in some games works. big thanx to mbmax for testing.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Ok, seems like they added support in the last versions. Still I would recommend ak2i, akaio is better than wood imo (anti-piracy functions and stuff).

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, seems like they added support in the last versions. Still I would recommend ak2i, akaio is better than wood imo (anti-piracy functions and stuff).

Again, I have to disagree. Wood has all the AP fixes Akaio has and a few more. The last version of Akaio is at least a year older than the latest version of Wood. Wood also has Real Time Save too. I agree with the advice of Technicmaster0 of getting a R4i Gold 3DS RTS (r4ids.cn). This card will also work on the current lastest firmware of newer machines too. You're basically telling him to buy a dead card with no remote possibility of updates.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a ds lite, and a EZ IV is the best..
in my opinion is much better than a 3in1...

yeah it gets a bit out of the ds lite, but the card is great...
Well the 3in1 is much more comfortable with a Slot-1 card that supports it. You only have one MicroSD with all files, I experienced that the 3in1 has better compatibility, the Wood OS is prettier, easier skinnable with more skins avaible etc.

Nope it's not. Both have some advantages and some disadvantages but Wood R4 is better (especially with the r4i gold) due to a lower price, slightly better game support, more favourites, Real Time Save etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr