altorn

OP
Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, it's been a while since i last posted on any thread here in GbaTemp.

I just bought a PS3 yesterday and it was on 4.11 so I couldn't softmod it for now. Oh well.
I finally went ahead and just buy around half a dozen old games that are now cheap
(GoW3, Tales of Graces, MGS4, Folklore, Catherine, Demon's Souls and Uncharted 2-Pack).

The experience is good so far but lately I've been into 3D movies in the cinema AND
own a 3DS. I like the immersion and the experience.

That leads me to my question, has anyone tried to hook up a PS3 onto a 3D Active Shutter support Computer Monitor? How is it? I know 3D TVs will work with PS3 but I'm looking to use a computer monitor.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
3D active Shutter has no use with PS3 since PS3 can only support Anaglyph 3D, which is a cheap 3D technique.

3D active Shutter is a stereoscophic 3D. And Steroscophic 3D requires HDMI 1.4 standards, and PS3 only had 1.3b.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so i guess the Playstation 3D Display (especially for PS3) is the way to go then? Anyone tried that?
Because it says on the specs that it can also be hooked up into a PC...

I have not tried the monitor since I have 3D TV so the PS monitor was pointless to me. I do know that it will work as a PC monitor aswell, since that is what it is, it is not a TV but just an expensive PC monitor.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D active Shutter has no use with PS3 since PS3 can only support Anaglyph 3D, which is a cheap 3D technique.

3D active Shutter is a stereoscophic 3D. And Steroscophic 3D requires HDMI 1.4 standards, and PS3 only had 1.3b.
you have no idea what you are talking about

the PS3 only supports steroscopic 3D screens, it doesnt support anaglyph unless a game developer put in anaglyph support (both batman games)

the port on the PS3 doesnt matter, its the cable and 1.4 is common these days

@[member='altorn']
try hooking the PS3 up to it
if it detects it as a 3D screen on startup then you are most likely good to go (remember you need 3D compatible games, uncharted 3, killzone 3, resistance 3, for example and a bunch others) same goes for movies but I assume you know that already, you need the special 3D versions of the films, regular versions wont do anything

if you wanna go on the cheap and sacrifice some viewing quality you can get a 2d-3d anaglyph converter box, though it will be used in this case to take steroscopic 3d signals and convert them to 3d anaglyph signal then put them on your regular HDTV
I have one and its not that bad
you can find converter boxes on ebay for about $50

zjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a Vizio 47 3d tv, it uses the cheap glasses you get at the movies. Games and movies look great using the ps3. I'm also a fan of the 3ds. Those tvs are about $650 right now. Using credit card points I paid $170.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended