Homebrew Advanced badge editor - Create your own badges and sets easily!

Should I make a video explaining and showing everything to make badges and sets?

• Yes!

Votes: 54 66.7%
  • Nah, the 425326463456 paragraphs you wrote on how to do everything explain it all!

Votes: 27 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DerpMC_Haxx

Dank Memes R Life
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try to explain it
Why does my pc say its virus?
is it just because its recent and unverified?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well i opened it and works fine no virus so f**k you mcafee

What option do i click now?
Badge.png

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal

My AV doesn't say it's a virus lol. And I swear that all the app can do is edit the BadgeData.dat and BadgeMngFile.dat files. It also lets you extract and import bclim files from the BadgeData.dat file.

DerpMC_Haxx

Dank Memes R Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you should check both. One is for the 32x32 pixel image of a badge, which is shown on the badge select menu thinger ma bob. And the 64x64 pixel image is the badge placed on the home menu.
ok but do i import shape or image? or am i meant to export sh*t? am cunfused

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
ok but do i import shape or image? or am i meant to export sh*t? am cunfused
Export the images and edit them with Ohana3ds: http://www.mediafire.com/file/q0u8v1y5loptsia/Ohana3DS.exe I reuploaded because the O3DS_Rebirth doesn't do what is needed, and I couldn't find the original download.
To create the shapes, you will need to use png2bclim and set the bclim format to D - A4.
You will also need 2 pngs, they have to be identical and they need to have the sizes of 32x32 and 64x64.

DerpMC_Haxx

Dank Memes R Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Export the images and edit them with Ohana3ds: http://www.mediafire.com/file/q0u8v1y5loptsia/Ohana3DS.exe I reuploaded because the O3DS_Rebirth doesn't do what is needed, and I couldn't find the original download.
To create the shapes, you will need to use png2bclim and set the bclim format to D - A4.
You will also need 2 pngs, they have to be identical and they need to have the sizes of 32x32 and 64x64.
Okay...
a bit better but still kinda confused

DerpMC_Haxx

Dank Memes R Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, I really need to make a video... But, I wont be able to do it now D=
I could try to make one but i would need to understand(i used to make ytb vids and i still have the channel and editing software. plus i can record my N3ds screen w/out a camera)
but again, i need a tutorial cus im confused AF
what do i do in ohanna?

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
I could try to make one but i would need to understand(i used to make ytb vids and i still have the channel and editing software. plus i can record my N3ds screen w/out a camera)
but again, i need a tutorial cus im confused AF
what do i do in ohanna?
Here's a deal. I'll make a quick tutorial and from that you make your own tutorial. But, I won't be able to do it now, as I have to go

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I was a little bored so I've created this simple program to export bclim files from a badgedata.dat to import it into ohana.
This creates a folder called "ext" and export all the files inside of it.
(I've tested it only with this https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz2uqji86vijbt3/badge.rar?dl=1 so could have many bugs, etc)

Attachments

• exportbadgedata.zip
    5 KB · Views: 271

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
I was a little bored so I've created this simple program to export bclim files from a badgedata.dat to import it into ohana.
This creates a folder called "ext" and export all the files inside of it.
(I've tested it only with this https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz2uqji86vijbt3/badge.rar?dl=1 so could have many bugs, etc)
It exports a little too much... I used my save file with very few badges (around 80) to test it and it exports over 1000 non existent badges... And, it only exports the images, not the shapes...
Oh, and by the way, there is a limit of 1000 badges, and it tries to export 1250... That's a little too much, isn't it?

Reactions: Arubaro

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
It exports a little too much... I used my save file with very few badges (around 80) to test it and it exports over 1000 non existent badges... And, it only exports the images, not the shapes...
Oh, and by the way, there is a limit of 1000 badges, and it tries to export 1250... That's a little too much, isn't it?
You're right, that's because I was taking the length of the badgedata.dat as a base to calculate how many badges are there, but I have seen that does not works.

Seems to be that there are a limit of 1000 badges 64x64 and another 1000 for 32x32.
I'm gonna see if it's a little ease to get how many badges are from the BadgeMngFile file.

And as you have said, this does not read the shapes, only the image part that can be converted to bclim to import it to ohana.

EDIT: this is a little better, but needs the BadgeMngFile.dat in the same folder as the badgedata file.

Also, great work. I think this is the only app that lets you change such many parameters

Attachments

• exportfrombadgedata.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by Arubaro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?