Hacking Adrenaline and categories lite - can't see PSP ISO'S

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone gotten categories lite plugin to properly work? I have a category for PSX games that shows up fine, but my PSP ISO category doesn't. I have Adrenaline v4 installed on my phat Vita.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i knew about this plugin, thanks for reminding me about this man.

because my Adrenaline psp menu is a mess since i have both psp/psx games installed.
i'll try it out later on and hopefully it will work out properly, do you have that plugin's prx file in the correct folder?

i think it goes into pspemu/seplugins.

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is how I set up my categories (basically the same as on a PSP):

Example: PSX games category is in ux0:Pspemu/PSP/GAME/CAT_01PSX.

PSP games don't show up as a separate category (those are in ux0:Pspemu/ISO). I have tried a sub folder such as CAT_00PSP, or CAT_PSP.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't work. Loads of people tried. On my pstv I have a separate USB for ps1 and psp cause I like to keep it kinda organised too. You can even move the folders from inside the pspemu to the root of the USB and run psp content manager to sort your games alphabetically if you like it organised.

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the only work around to view/play PSP ISO's is to turn off the categories lite plugin in the recovery menu. Then turn categories lite back on to view everything else in categories.

It kinda sucks, because on a real PSP, I had a separate category for PSP games and PSP mini games, as well as other categories like this: this:
dbd9bfc5f33b9a48b9efc3eab0e8d3a5.jpg

Maybe this can be fixed in a later Adrenaline release...

Last edited by XC-3730C,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It's a problem with the plugin, not Adrenaline.

A small workaround, so you don't have to just turn it off and on is to just leave ISOs in the normal ISO folder and they'll supposedly show up as "Uncategorized"

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a problem with the plugin, not Adrenaline.

A small workaround, so you don't have to just turn it off and on is to just leave ISOs in the normal ISO folder and they'll supposedly show up as "Uncategorized"
When categories lite is enabled, ISO's don't show up at all.

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, but for some reason, even though I have my PSP ISO's in ux0:Pspemu/ISO folder, in Adrenine there is no "Uncategorized" showing for me.

Can anyone else tell me if they have an "Uncategorized" entry in Adrenaline?

*edit*

I disabled the categories lite plug in, and enabled it, and now all of a sudden I can see the option to enable Uncategorized content.

Last edited by XC-3730C,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
the one thing that annoys me in adrenaline (the official way to categorize the games menu) whenever i set it to sort it , e.g then it shows folder of "psp" and "playstation 1" games in separate folders which is really cool BUT whenever i exit out of adrenaline and re-enter it, the categories sorting resets and it shows all of the games in one list.

is there a way to fix this somehow ?
maybe with an seplugin? x.x

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I remember from using that plugin on the psp, there were some options to display content like uncategorized in the system settings tier of the xmb. maybe it's like that with adrenaline? that might be y they (uncategorized) suddenly appeared for u or y some games won't.

Last edited by godreborn,

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it to show the Uncategorized section for PSP ISO'S. It's just a shame that they couldn't just show up the way they do on a real PSP. I have a separate category for PSP games, and PSP mini games.

How do you take screenshots in PSX games?

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A fairly recent update to Adrenaline fixed the issue with categories lite. It's been a while, and I haven't played my Vita much. Once I get a 128GB microSD card, I will use my SD2Vita and update to Enso

Last edited by XC-3730C,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Correct, Adrenaline 4.2 fixed the issue where Categories Lite doesn't display ISO issues.

You have two options to update. One, you can update to the latest Adrenaline release that requires a base game, which is 5.1 either from PSP system updater or from the Github, if your Adrenaline version is too low to support updating like that. This will for sure fix the issue.

Or you can uninstall your current version of Adrenaline that requires a base game and install the new version, which is just a .vpk which can be found on The Flow's Github. This offers two main benefits, one being that you no longer require a PSP base game, and the other being you no longer require an activated Vita. There have been some issues reported with it, however, and if you're not comfortable doing an uninstall and reinstall, 5.1 will work just fine.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Strange. I am using the latest Adrenaline 6-fix. And I have the issue where Categories Lite doesn't display ISO, unless the ISO is in "uncategorized."

Maybe the bug got re-introduced?

Last edited by rsn8887,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans