Hardware Added games to SD card and now Wii won't get past bootmii ??

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

My nephew has had a hacked wii ( by me ) running fine for over a year.

He asked me to put another game on it so I loaded the card in my usual reader on a Windows 7 laptop ( no messages about corrupt card, etc ), added the game to the wbfs folder and gave it back. Now his Wii won't get past bootmii screen - just sits there with the left hand icon highlighted - whereas before it would carry on automatically.

I have tested the card on my Wii and it does the same thing - stops at the bootmii screen :(

If I manually go past the bootmii screen and try to run the CFG loader channel then eventually it just goes back to the Wii menu. If I try to run the homebrew channel that just sits there on the 'bubble' screen.

To me it looks like an issue with the card but I don't know what.

Anyone got any ideas ?

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No - but it is a game that works fine on my Wii when loaded off a USB drive.

Maybe some file(s) have become corrupted? Isn't the automatic bit of bootmii handled by a config file on the SD card?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bootmii has an ini file that has a few settings in it, one of these is autoboot, try removing the bootmii files from the sd card and see if it works then. If so open the bootmii ini file in notepad on your computer and edit it to your liking.

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bootmii has an ini file that has a few settings in it, one of these is autoboot, try removing the bootmii files from the sd card and see if it works then. If so open the bootmii ini file in notepad on your computer and edit it to your liking.
I will try that but I think my problem is the card itself as the Wii can manually get past the Bootmii screen but neither HBC or the USBLoader do anything.

Thinking about it - I didn't use my usual PC to add new games to the card; could this have done something to the card without me knowing?

EDIT: Where do I find the bootmii ini file? When I look on the SD card via the PC I don't see any obvious ini type files.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It should be inside the bootmii folder

Copy and paste the text below into a new txt file and save it as bootmii.ini (you can change the settings if you need to)

# BootMii config file

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=PAL60

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
BOOTDELAY=2

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It should be inside the bootmii folder

Copy and paste the text below into a new txt file and save it as bootmii.ini (you can change the settings if you need to)

# BootMii config file

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=PAL60

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
BOOTDELAY=2

Aha, we might be getting somewhere then.

The only two files in the bootmii folder are armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf

In fact there are no .ini files anywhere on the SD card. Would that explain USB Loader not working either ?

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No.... If usb loaders are not working then you have another problem, probably cIOS related. If you have not already then use modmii to rehack your wii and update all your ios and cios. Run syscheck on the wii and then copy the syscheck.csv file it creates onto your pc and drag it onto the modmii.exe. Modmii will then download everything you need to get up to date and create a guide telling you how to install it all :)

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Rehacking was going to be my next step - I just couldn't see how adding games to the SD could cause the Wii to stop working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Blurp.