Homebrew Adapting the DS display for Emulation

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arch Feline said:
I agree that there is little motivation to emulate PSP games on the DS. There are a few PSP games worth playing though. I would like to play Crisis Core.

Emulation has not been done so far because of the lack of motivation.
Are you P!ngpong?

ontopic/ Vram counts, I think...

Thats my opinion

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MagNetCZ said:
Joe88 said:
stratton_865 said:
QUOTE said:
2 processors, one at 67MHz and another at 33MHz, and 4MB (or 36MB with external RAM, I guess) will not ever be able to emulate 1 333MHz processor, 1 video processor at 166MHz, and 38MB of RAM. (source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSP)

VRAM isn't a processor...

But I agree, people who believe that the DS can emulate the PSP are either stupid, or trolling, or both.
should be reworded to
4MB Video Ram
You mean the DS? It's got 4MB of general RAM and 512k for graphics. Or do you call the ram where all variables and stuff gets stored VRAM aswell?
I meant the PSP
same as the PS2

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how tons of people love to scream how thigs won't work without giving reasons, so I'll attempt to give my reasoning here.

1)The PSP screen is much larger, so upon condensing it, it will reduce the quality of the graphics
2)The PSP is made to be more graphic oriented just like Microsoft and Sony are going overall. Whereas Nintendo is not as graphic oriented and more idea-oriented.
3)The PSP does indeed have MANY more buttons, and they also use UMDs which may fit a few GBs per game, whereas NDS games are very small. (Graphics take up much more space than programming)

If the graphics and buttons weren't a problem I'd tell you to go for it, but honestly, you shouldn't bother, although it's possible to do so it would
A)Go so slow it wouldn't be funny
B)Look shitty

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xlackoutx has the better idea.

It would be a lot easier to simply port games than it would be to emulate the PSP. It makes it a lot easier to lower the graphics among other things.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
xlackoutx has the better idea.

It would be a lot easier to simply port games than it would be to emulate the PSP. It makes it a lot easier to lower the graphics among other things.
Except its impossible to port PSP games to anything, since the source code isn't available.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to instead build them from the ground up, but in such a case they are basically homebrew adaptions like "Luminous" on GBA as a homebrew of Lumines.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1