Activate Windows within 2 days

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you 100%b sure? Has it changed ur background black yet?
Yes- I'm 100% sure, I upgraded well over a month ago- as soon as Windows 10 was out. As far as I can tell, there's many reports that this works from other users on the piracy subreddit as well. So basically, you can get the Full version of Windows 10, a legitimate key for it, with a pirated copy of windows 7.
Like Bill Gates himself said: "as long as they're going to steal it, we want them to steal ours."
ZlGoJ7.png

@JoostinOnline While I see your point- not everyone who has a computer has an extra 120$+ to drop on an operating system. Even Microsoft themselves know this- they'd rather people be stealing their software then have them using someone else' OS. That model is partially responsible for Windows being packaged on practically every pre-built machine being sold and their success with enterprise sales. The more people using it means the more people supporting it and helping the library of software for it grow, and that means big companies and even schools will purchase large license deals from them to use the OS in their business/school environments- and that's bigger bucks then the individual sales they're "losing" anyway. The big argument I have for piracy in the first place is that a large majority of people who pirate weren't going to pay for what they're taking anyway- so it's not even a lost sale.

I know that doesn't make it morally sound, but that's how I see it.

Last edited by CheatFreak47, , Reason: fixed typo

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CheatFreak47
isn't $150 a bit steep? A few years back I bought a retail Win7 Premium install disc that let me install to 3 different computers for $100, that's $33 per PC.
typo- meant $120, and it depends on what features you need in your OS, some people really need Pro- which is 200$
And sure you can get good deals occasionally- but I'm talking buying directly from Microsoft.
Most of the time it'll run you about 120$ for even their most basic edition of Windows.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
typo- meant $120, and it depends on what features you need in your OS, some people really need Pro- which is 200$
And sure you can get good deals occasionally- but I'm talking buying directly from Microsoft.
Most of the time it'll run you about 120$ for even their most basic edition of Windows.
I have a genuine Home copy [from a genuine 8.1 install], but sadly am considering pirating Win 10 Pro because of the lack of gpedit.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'd pirate before I paid $200 for it. The only reason I bought it was because I could install it to 3 different PC's for $100.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to link it here because it would be against the forum rules (this goes for everyone else, too) but look up "Windows 7 Loader by Daz" on Google. That's pretty much the de-facto Windows 7 SLIC spoofing loader that everyone uses.

Edit - that video didn't work because it's for Windows XP :rofl2:

That's pretty much the best way to get 7 up and running. Honestly, though, I suggest saving the money and actually buying Windows. Get Windows 7 Home for under $100, then upgrade to 10 for free. You won't run into piracy obstacles either. I usually make people buy Windows 7 when I build their PC's now, and include instructions to go to 10 if they want to.

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes- I'm 100% sure, I upgraded well over a month ago- as soon as Windows 10 was out. As far as I can tell, there's many reports that this works from other users on the piracy subreddit as well. So basically, you can get the Full version of Windows 10, a legitimate key for it, with a pirated copy of windows 7.
Like Bill Gates himself said: "as long as they're going to steal it, we want them to steal ours."
ZlGoJ7.png

@JoostinOnline While I see your point- not everyone who has a computer has an extra 120$+ to drop on an operating system. Even Microsoft themselves know this- they'd rather people be stealing their software then have them using someone else' OS. That model is partially responsible for Windows being packaged on practically every pre-built machine being sold and their success with enterprise sales. The more people using it means the more people supporting it and helping the library of software for it grow, and that means big companies and even schools will purchase large license deals from them to use the OS in their business/school environments- and that's bigger bucks then the individual sales they're "losing" anyway. The big argument I have for piracy in the first place is that a large majority of people who pirate weren't going to pay for what they're taking anyway- so it's not even a lost sale.

I know that doesn't make it morally sound, but that's how I see it.
I see a lot of people saying it didnt work. But a lot saying it did. If I somehow backup my entire HDD and windows 10 doesn't work, how do I restore it? And can I backup it to another partition? (I have 1TB HDD, I used 300 something GB. I can divide into 2 500GB partitions and then if the upgrade doesn't work I can install Ubuntu on the Windows 10 partition or boot from thumb drive to get windows 7 back? )

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I see a lot of people saying it didnt work. But a lot saying it did. If I somehow backup my entire HDD and windows 10 doesn't work, how do I restore it? And can I backup it to another partition? (I have 1TB HDD, I used 300 something GB. I can divide into 2 500GB partitions and then if the upgrade doesn't work I can install Ubuntu on the Windows 10 partition or boot from thumb drive to get windows 7 back? )
Just backup extremely important files to external HDD or SD/USB Flash. If Windows 10 itself encounters an installation error or finds itself incompatible with your hardware it rolls back to your previous OS.

Edit: I reread my post, I see I was not clear.
There is no need to backup your OS image as the Windows 10 Installer automatically creates one for you. Unless you were on a different filesystem [ext3 (UNIX/XNU)], which if you are on Windows 7 you are on NTFS- you are fine.

Worse case scenario the installer fails and it reverts you to Windows 7.
^ unless you physically unplug your computer or power goes out

Last edited by jonthedit,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you followed all instructions on activating it with DAZ, it will get a genuine Windows 10 license. now will it upgrade without problems from software (Avast is a good example of a program that halts the upgrade).

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you followed all instructions on activating it with DAZ, it will get a genuine Windows 10 license. now will it upgrade without problems from software (Avast is a good example of a program that halts the upgrade).
So I should uninstall avast? why would avast prevent it from upgrading?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I should uninstall avast? why would avast prevent it from upgrading?

Yes, Uninstall Avast. Once upgraded, you can reinstall Avast. It seems Avast messes with part of the Windows upgrade and causes it to fail and roll back. (took 5 upgrade attempts before I tracked it down to being Avast).

Last edited by driverdis,
Reactions: DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Still using Windows 7 in 2015
> most people are

Yes, Uninstall Avast. Once upgraded, you can reinstall Avast. It seems Avast messes with part of the Windows upgrade and causes it to fail and roll back. (took 5 upgrade attempts before I tracked it down to being Avast).
Thanks, I'm considering updating this weekend. Though, that's what I've been saying for the past month... All my programs will still work?
Common ones I use:
Moviemaker
3DS Builder.exe
devkitPro
Dolphin
EveryFileExplorer
SketchUp
Paint dNet

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> most people are

Thanks, I'm considering updating this weekend. Though, that's what I've been saying for the past month... All my programs will still work?
Common ones I use:
Moviemaker
3DS Builder.exe
devkitPro
Dolphin
EveryFileExplorer
SketchUp
Paint dNet

not sure about moviemaker but the rest should work as there is not a lot of change between 7 and 10 compatibility wise so most apps run fine.

Last edited by driverdis,
Reactions: Margen67

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still used XP in 2015
I just installed Win7 last month (I don't want 8 or 10, and 7 is good for 5 years)

At least give 10 a try. It's interface is closer to 7 than 8 and it is fast.
The only thing I have found is that some sound cards need to be set to 24Bit/192KHz or else they drop sound all the time and the Windows Audio Service needs to be restarted.

Reactions: Margen67

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already had hardware and software not compatible anymore from XP to 7, I thought the less I update and the less incompatibility I'll encounter.
I can give it a try anytime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"