Boytoxic38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

First of all, the global situation : I play ACNL with the Welcome Amiibo update. I use Soundhax for hacking and I've done it since january now and didn't seem to have any problem (I've always followed all the steps and never done the dangerous things mentioned in the Save Editor site help section). Until now, I refused to update my 3DS to be able to still use Soundhax (so I'm still in the 11.2.0-35U) and my ACNL has the Welcome Amiibo update but not the 1.5 latest update.

However I've encountered a problem that doesn't seem to appear in the forums or in the internet : after choosing my player and having Isabelle's welcome screen, the loading of the game is done and then Isabelle says that the "town is ready", then I have the loading screen with the train moving, then the train stops moving, the game crash and send me on the main 3DS Menu saying "an error has occured, the game will restart (possible loss of non saved data). However, if I advance the days (by 1 or 2 days), the game starts and works normally, and still works normally for the next days, until it crashes with the same way several days after (I've had this problem twice until now). First time happened when a villager (boxed) came in my town (after I've asked him to come from the camping (not the RV), and the second time, it was the insecto safari day).

What I do usually when I hack is to bring a villager of the Welcome amiibo cards in the RV campgound (I do it once a day). I suspect the problem appeared since the day (the 9th july 2017) when I did what follows :
- I have brought a Welcome Amiibo RV by the save editor (hack)
- I have asked a villager that came (without hacking) in the camping to move into my town.

I suspect this because my game still worked normally the 10th and 11th of July. I even have seen that the invited villager has reserved its house land. The problem appeared the 12th when the villager was boxed. When I advanced the days by 1 (so the 13th July) the game didn't crash and worked. It also worked normally the 14th July. And then it did crash with the same way described above today (the 15th July) which is the insectosafari. This time I've had to advance the date by 2 days to have my game starts normally.

I really can't see where could be the problem, especially considering the fact that I've hacked many times during this year and never have had any problem. Can somebody help me, please ? (I've tried to describe the situation as much as I could)

Thank you in advance and sorry for the long post

Boytoxic38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@marc_max
any idea of what's going wrong ? now my game is crashing the same way every 2 days approximately.

I just found in the forum a topic quite related to this situation. The discussion was :

QUOTE:

McHueHue said:
So I used this which worked quite well. I made alot of changes. I read about the warnings of course.

Thing is, about 2 days irl (I don't time travel) booting up new leaf, during the loading with the little bus in the corner will freeze then I'll get kicked to the home menu saying its gonna reset.
I managed to get back into the game by reimporting my last edit. Of course again about 2 days later it crashes on the town load.
Now I been reading/lurking and people say it crashes randomly maybe during online or going into main street or into the train station. Or simply asking to delete the save cause its corrupted.
I'm just trying to figure out what might allow you to play for a few days then when the town loads (like on the main menu) it crashes where you can't even reset the town.
I moved the town plaza tree, resale shop, cafe and police station. varies pwp moved and villager houses, even my own. Tons of new trees and bushes. Bamboo (cause why not).
I thought it might be the bamboo since it likes to grow new ones and if maybe I put it in an invalid spot it might try to bury it leading it to crash on new day load.
I don't think it could be the trees/bushes since I've seen towns with massive amounts edited in and no problems.
Does anyone else have some info on these problems with crashing? Maybe I glanced over something a post here about it idk.

Marc_max said : That problem is related to moving PWPs probably. Everyday it passes (even if you don't play) the game does some edits to the savegame, specially with neighbors data.
It's still unknown what causes this :-(

UNQUOTE

From this, I can see that the possible problem is moving the PWP. In my situation, I have indeed moved 2 PWP : the first one, I have changed it onto Pavé Arch and put it the beach (normal place on the sand), and the second, I have changed it into Franklin Table and put it in a normal place in town. But I have done those changes on the 10th and 11th of June 2017. And I didn't have any problem until the 12th of July 2017. Is it really related to moving these PWP ? On the other hand, like explained above, what I have suspected is the arival of an invited villager from the camping tent, since the crashes began starting from the day when the invited villager has boxed on my town.

Can you help me please or orient me ? thank you in advance

Boytoxic38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some additional details about my crashing ACNL problem. My game seems to work well during days, and to crash during others. So if I want to play during a day when the game crash, I need to advance to the next day in order to be able to load my town. Unfortunately, the game seems to crash in a random way (during random days to be specific) and I can't figure out what is going wrong. This is what I have observed :

The game has crashed during :
- a day when an invited villager (from camping tent) came in my town (he was boxed).
- The bug safari day
- A day when Redd came with his tent in the Plaza of the town
- A day when it was a falling stars night
- There is also a day when the game has loaded with no problem, and when "re living" this same day (due to time travel), the game crashed.

I need to specify that I haven't placed any building/PWP in the town Plaza and I haven't moved my unique town big tree. On the other hand, I have also observed that the days when Saharah, Joan, Pete are visiting my town, my game does not seem to have a problem and it loads normally.

Well, is anybody have an idea, a clue about what is happening in my game ? any help ? (Because I begin to feel really lonely in here...)

MadRockoACNL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have this same problem. And I never did do anything dangerous while hacking. That town was my favorite and I'm really sad it happened. The first time my game crashed was when I opened the fortune teller shop on Main Street. I did not hack that, but I did other hacking related things earlier that day. This is the only page iv'e found where you have the same problem as me. I really hope there is a way to fix it and I check the internet everyday. It's good to know it's not a problem only I have.

Boytoxic38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you tell me precisely all what you have done by hacking ?
You say that crashing began after Katrina opened her shop on mainstreet. For example, did you put a Katrina's tent in your town ? or changed one of your public work projects by Katrina's tent in your town ?

What you can try is to time travel (by 1 day or 2) and see if the game loads, or is it crashing EVERYDAY ?

Normally, there is a way to fix this, it's just that you must have put something "non legit" in your town via hacking, and now this "non legit element" is blocking the launching of your game. If you correct it back to normal by the Save Editor, it should work normally again. That's why, If you want me to help you, it is important that you answer my above questions and tell me ALL of the modifications that you have done by hack, every detail is important :) .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.