Hacking Acekard working on 3DS 4.4.0-10

Sinsa234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the Action Replay Dsi that has the 3ds update, if you insert the Acekard into the action replay, boot it up, and go to the codes menu, you'll get a game id. Register the acekard under any name, and start it. It worked for me, suprisingly. I'm using AKAIO 1.9.0, and the latest acekard update.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It should also work for Non DSi/3DS compatible flashcarts on both DSi and 3DS as long as they show an icon (auto booting flashcarts like the R4 don't work).

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have the Action Replay Dsi that has the 3ds update, if you insert the Acekard into the action replay, boot it up, and go to the codes menu, you'll get a game id. Register the acekard under any name, and start it. It worked for me, suprisingly. I'm using AKAIO 1.9.0, and the latest acekard update.

If you have an Action Replay that's a good solution, otherwise it's better to just buy another cart

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

Not need to creat and add code to start AK2i trough an Action replay, just push start

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah an AR costs more than another cart anyways, and carts that stop getting firmware updates tend to stop getting game updates too.
That maybe true, but it's not like there are going to any new NDS rom dumps any time soon. Or if there are any, they will most likely be shovelware that was originally pasted over.
I think now is pretty much a perfect time to stop updating their kernels because there really is no need for it anymore.

stitch123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh... What is Action Replay? My brother updated his DSi to 1.4.5. His Acekard is for 1.4.4 and 3DS 3.3.0. Will it work? If yes, what should I do? Please, write step by step instructions.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Eh... What is Action Replay? My brother updated his DSi to 1.4.5. His Acekard is for 1.4.4 and 3DS 3.3.0. Will it work? If yes, what should I do? Please, write step by step instructions.
There is no update for the AK2i, so even if the AR would allow you to apply an update, you can't apply an update that doesn't exist.

You could buy an AR and just use that to run the AK2i all the time, but it's big (it's a dual-cart-attachment thing), and it costs more than just getting a new cart.

MarsXTC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no update for the AK2i, so even if the AR would allow you to apply an update, you can't apply an update that doesn't exist.

You could buy an AR and just use that to run the AK2i all the time, but it's big (it's a dual-cart-attachment thing), and it costs more than just getting a new cart.
Im sorry for bumping this thread but, does this mean if I have a 4.5.0-10U 3DS, I can use an action replay to make it work?

kudeals

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Im sorry for bumping this thread but, does this mean if I have a 4.5.0-10U 3DS, I can use an action replay to make it work?
You can not use acekard card for 4.5.0-10U 3DS, since its kernel is only compatible for 4.4.0-10 as Rydian said. Currently, as I know and I replied in last thread, the Red R4i 3DS Card keeps updating kernels for Dsi and 3DS. You can search R4i SDHC 3DS Card for Nintendo for DSIXL in Google. There is lots of sellers there. Please note, in Red box.

kudeals

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

There is no update for AK2i now. Even AR allow your to update, but, there is no update, correct?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You can not use acekard card for 4.5.0-10U 3DS, since its kernel is only compatible for 4.4.0-10 as Rydian said. Currently, as I know and I replied in last thread, the Red R4i 3DS Card keeps updating kernels for Dsi and 3DS. You can search R4i SDHC 3DS Card for Nintendo for DSIXL in Google. There is lots of sellers there. Please note, in Red box.
No, that's not a recommended cart.
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

Yeah thanks, I was confused by what kudeals said... when Rydian said it worked, just wanted to double check. Thanks!
It will technically run, but only when the ARDSi is between the AK2i and the base unit... and an ARDSi is more expensive than a new flash cart.

There is no update for AK2i now. Even AR allow your to update, but, there is no update, correct?
Yes. The AK2i has no update for 4.5.x, and I seriously doubt there will ever be an update for the existing models since the AK2i ran out of space.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really wouldn't go suggesting an R4 Clone like that. I suggest sticking to any cards on this thread
http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/

Yes I know, the R4i Gold is an R4 Clone, but it's far better than the rest out there.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't have thought of this, this is like going back to the days of the PassMe.

On the topic of an ARDSi being more expensive than a flash cart, yes, this is (generally) true. However, it's worth keeping in mind that an ARDSi will be accessible to more people than a new flash cart (example being some kid who has a way to get around to <insert retail store here> and has the $20 for a ARDSi, but not a credit card or a parent willing to use theirs to order from <insert potentially shady Chinese site here>) It's by no means an optimal solution, but it's absolutely a viable one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16