Hacking Ace3DS Team released a hybrid card that comes with a 3DS rom

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems legit (no, seriously). It appears to be 1:1 for 3DS games, which means no other regions and no game selection screen. It also means no 3DS mode homebrew and no ripping which really makes this interesting for pirates only.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I wonder how do you upload the 3DS games on the card? Probably through the microSD slot.
Also, it isn't out yet, so it may be another Crown3DS.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I call B.S. Mainly because they kind of come out of no where with this. There's no updates about it, there's no "Hey, we found a hack, video soon" or shit like that. Also, one 3DS game? So what the hell is the bloody point, carry around a crap ton of MicroSD cards if you wanna play a different game?

Reactions: The Catboy

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
from what I gather this card basically contains:
1) a regular NDS flashcard (ace3DS)
2) components/chips of one 3DS game.
so basically you have a 3DS game chip and an NDS flashcart into one cartridge.
and you switch between the two with a tiny physical switch.
(I edited the thread title since this isn't actually a 3DS flashcart)

is this interesting? I don't think this is interesting at all, since you can't apparently change/flash the 3DS game.

that's downright counterfeiting here (a bootleg 3DS game). I would stay away from this as much as possible.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
from what I gather this card basically contains:

is this interesting? I don't think this is interesting at all, since you can't apparently change/flash the 3DS game.

that's downright counterfeiting here (a bootleg 3DS game). I would stay away from this as much as possible.

It doesn't say that it isn't flashable anywhere. If it weren't I'd agree that it's just stupid.

Reactions: PROTOBOY

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
It doesn't say that it isn't flashable anywhere. If it weren't I'd agree that it's just stupid.
I am used to working with chinese people and I perfectly understand the wording on the Ace3DS page.
look at the picture: it says "Ace3DS Pro = Ace3DS plus + ONE 3DS GAME = ". That's all.
It even says "one genuine 3DS game".

besides, derek the OP is actually chinese and lying about his location (US flag).
so probably just a stunt from ace3ds to get free publicity.

Reactions: HorreC and PROTOBOY

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Piracy/bootlegging and nothing more.
This doesnt mean anything for 3DS hacking, it just means they took the guts out of a normal 3DS cart and stuck it to a DS flashcart.

Even if the 3DS cart part of it is reflashable from DS mode, we will only get 3DS roms, no homebrew.

Reactions: redact and Costello

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Piracy/bootlegging and nothing more.
This doesnt mean anything for 3DS hacking, it just means they took the guts out of a normal 3DS cart and stuck it to a DS flashcart.

Even if the 3DS cart part of it is reflashable from DS mode, we will only get 3DS roms, no homebrew.

Which is what the majority of people actually want.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Only time will tell if this leads to anything. Personally doubt it. Also flashing a new game via a hardware solution makes the whole flashcart kinda moot, if this really is the case. I'd be more impressed if there was a way of selecting the 3DS game loaded on the chip.

Why not just get the frigging games if you still have to keep switching them when you want to play another game. Also considering this is just a bootleg device as Costello said, I'd stay away from it. Regardless of what people may think, there is no way you could justify this as being a homebrew enabler for the 3DS. This is just a way to play pirated games (call them backups if you like). As far as the legality of a flashcart goes, this thing doesn't have even that much of a chance being allowed. Just like counterfeit DS carts or those "2000 in one" carts.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Only time will tell if this leads to anything. Personally doubt it. Also flashing a new game via a hardware solution makes the whole flashcart kinda moot, if this really is the case. I'd be more impressed if there was a way of selecting the 3DS game loaded on the chip.

Chances are a cart like that would allow you to flash a 3DS rom to an internal chip from DS mode, then reboot the 3DS and act like a 3DS cart.
The downside is that the internal chip would have to be about 4GB big to hold all possible 3DS games which would make the cart very expensive, and some trickery would have to be done in order to fool the 3DS into thinking the game chip and save chip were the right size. A DSTwo-like onboard CPU might help. (Probably, I do not know much about 3DS security)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Well, shit. Any ounce of truth to this?

...I'm kind of having mixed feeling about this. I mean, I'm worried and excited. It seems 3DS piracy might actually be here now. Question is... what about region lock? Huh? Tell me this can get rid of that and I'm sold.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup