Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice Demo announced for August 25th

PWAA_Spirit_of_Justice_Trucy_Art_1470903709.png
For those wanting a preview of the upcoming drama, a free demo will be available to download for all consumers on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on August 25. The demo features a section from the first courtroom scenario in the game, and allows players to slip into Phoenix’s shoes in the Kingdom of Khura’in and get a taste of the newest gameplay feature, the Divination Séance. Through royal priestess Rayfa and her Divination Séances, players can revisit the last moments of a victim’s life and must fight to unravel the discrepancies and contradictions between the Royal Priestess’s Insight and what is shown in the séance. This demo is sure to make for an exciting first test to bring about justice before the game’s full release!

Capcom is pleased to officially announce that court will be in session in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice on September 8, 2016. The latest courtroom proceedings will be available to purchase digitally for USD 29.99 / GBP 24.99 / EUR 29.99 from the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. All-new evidence in the form of a trailer is available today introducing many of the game’s colorful characters and their respective features and special abilities.

This new game’s cast is full of many zany favourites alongside a new ensemble of characters to meet, and today Capcom is announcing several of them, including the return of forensics scientist Ema Skye, who first appeared in the originalPhoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Emahas passed her certification exams and is now a full-fledged forensic investigator. Here she returns to assist Apollo in his defense of the series’ popular magician, Trucy Wright, Phoenix’s adopted daughter. Trucy is famed for her magic tricks and vanishing acts, until she suddenly finds herself mixed up in an unfortunate incident that takes place during one of her magic shows. With Phoenix away, it’s up to Apollo and Athena to uncover the truth about the tragic death of Mr. Reus, one of Trucy’s co-performers. During this case, players will also meet the brand new character Bonny de Famme, a fledgling magician who appears in Trucy’s show and wants to help Apollo in any way she can, but what will her witness testimony reveal?

In Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice, forensic investigation techniques play a vital part in players analyzing the evidence to help solve some of the game’s mysteries. Utilizing the features of the Nintendo 3DS, players will be able to dust some crime scenes and search for fingerprints, while being able to examine certain objects at the scene a full 360 degrees to uncover hidden evidence like never before in the Ace Attorney series. Will the fingerprints match any of the suspects on file and uncover new truths? Combined with the ability to examine video evidence from multiple angles to check for inconsistencies, and other investigation techniques, this latest title in the Ace Attorney series is set to be the most thrilling outing to the courtroom yet!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I liked it more than any other game of the series (and I had already played every game).

What's wrong about it?
I started playing it after an Ace Attorney 1-4 marathon. I never liked 4, it just doesn't feel as tight as the others but still, it's a good game when compared to 5. It's just that AA5 feels slow, the characters are uninteresting and they just flaunt their gimmicks at you (there are SO many animations now that every single dialog is just painful) to cover for the fact that they've got zero depth.

It just feels like a bad AA - I didn't have such a bad time with an Ace Attorney game since playing AA: Investigations. I'm still not sure how I managed to finish it. That game was total crap - also, I did start AA2, but just seeing the cringe-worthy intro made me desist from going further than that.

It seems like Capcom has lost their touch after AA4.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Urgh, I suppose I need to drag myself to finish AA5. That game is soooo bad though :(

Is it that bad ? I have it on my 3DS but I must admit I only finished the first trial (which is pretty much a tutorial, and when you've played the others games in the serie it's pretty much always the same thing) And a bit off topic, but did you try Ace Attorney Vs. Professor Layton ?

Reactions: MrJason005

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I started playing it after an Ace Attorney 1-4 marathon. I never liked 4, it just doesn't feel as tight as the others but still, it's a good game when compared to 5. It's just that AA5 feels slow, the characters are uninteresting and they just flaunt their gimmicks at you (there are SO many animations now that every single dialog is just painful) to cover for the fact that they've got zero depth.

It just feels like a bad AA - I didn't have such a bad time with an Ace Attorney game since playing AA: Investigations. I'm still not sure how I managed to finish it. That game was total crap - also, I did start AA2, but just seeing the cringe-worthy intro made me desist from going further than that.

Well, you got a point there.

It was the same for me. Played AA1-AA4 and then AA5, it didn't feel bad at all. It had way better gameplay. While the dialogues aren't the best ones in the series, I felt really intrigued at some points.

I understand what you say, though.

I liked it, anyway, a lot more than Apollo Justice, at least.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it that bad ? I have it on my 3DS but I must admit I only finished the first trial (which is pretty much a tutorial, and when you've played the others games in the serie it's pretty much always the same thing) And a bit off topic, but did you try Ace Attorney Vs. Professor Layton ?
Even finishing the first case felt like a chore. Maybe the fact that they wanted to go with 3D graphics didn't help - I really miss the old, clean 2D graphics. Animations were way quicker that way.

Not yet, but I think I'm definitely gonna like it more than AA5 :P

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Even finishing the first case felt like a chore. Maybe the fact that they wanted to go with 3D graphics didn't help - I really miss the old, clean 2D graphics. Animations were way quicker that way.

Not yet, but I think I'm definitely gonna like it more than AA5 :P

Yeah I totally understand, the 3D gives some kind of eerie feeling to the game...

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never liked 4, it just doesn't feel as tight as the others but still, it's a good game when compared to 5.
Am I the only one that really enjoyed Apollo Justice? :(
Sure, it felt weird at first (because you don't play as Phoenix and because of *spoilers*). But once you think about it, they pulled it off rather well. The only thing that sucks about it is that they forgot about the mom after that game. I kind of want to know what happens to her and if her children ever found out (trying to be as vague as possible to avoid spoiling it).

lolz5521

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Am I the only one that really enjoyed Apollo Justice? :(
Sure, it felt weird at first (because you don't play as Phoenix and because of *spoilers*). But once you think about it, they pulled it off rather well. The only thing that sucks about it is that they forgot about the mom after that game. I kind of want to know what happens to her and if her children ever found out (trying to be as vague as possible to avoid spoiling it).
i prefer apollo justice than dual destinies. dual destinies's story just too cheesy and boring to me. and i love the turnabout serenade case on apollo justice. dem plot twist [emoji33]

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I like that the chapters of AA games connect with each other, especially those in AA5. The only 'boring-ish' AA game for me probably is AA2. Also I can't stand Franziska for some reason.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
This news makes me happy....in my pants.

Seriously though, I didn't realize the release was so close....in my pants.

But for real, this is great news. Huge fan of the series, more is always welcome, hyped for the demo and already have cash set aside for the minute 1 purchase. Assuming I can free up any space. I've gone a bit mental with my eShop purchases in recent months and my 32GB MSD card is pretty much full.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Playing a marathon might have a little to do with it too..? I only have Layton vs. PW left to finish, other than that I've played trough all of them... and by the end of - I belive - everyone of those games I just longed for the game to be over. Same thing with Layton, but those games get tedious way earlier.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

Probably because the writer for the series, Shu Takumi, was busy making Ghost Trick, and the fact that he didn't want AA4 to have Phoenix in it at all. Capcom disagreed, and railroaded him into writing Phoenix in the story, and basically rewrote half of Takumi's plot. In 5/Dual Destinies, Capcom ousted Takumi entirely, and the story was written by someone else in-house. People say Justice For All had some slow and painful cases moments, but, ugh, 5 takes the cake. At least I can take solace that in 6, Maya is back.

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I felt like the first AA game was one of the best since it was not cliche with tying in EVERY-SINGLE-CASE-into the last one.........
I liked the first miles edgeworth game but cant find an english version of the second one......

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Playing a marathon might have a little to do with it too..? I only have Layton vs. PW left to finish, other than that I've played trough all of them... and by the end of - I belive - everyone of those games I just longed for the game to be over. Same thing with Layton, but those games get tedious way earlier.
Playing a marathon lets you compare the game with a fresh memory, sometimes too much time passes between playing one episode and the other that you end up forgetting how good the first ones were compared to the later ones.

I wished that for some cases in 2 and 4, and well, the first case in 5 as well :P

Probably because the writer for the series, Shu Takumi, was busy making Ghost Trick, and the fact that he didn't want AA4 to have Phoenix in it at all. Capcom disagreed, and railroaded him into writing Phoenix in the story, and basically rewrote half of Takumi's plot. In 5/Dual Destinies, Capcom ousted Takumi entirely, and the story was written by someone else in-house. People say Justice For All had some slow and painful cases moments, but, ugh, 5 takes the cake. At least I can take solace that in 6, Maya is back.
Yeah, I know about that. I'm sure it's exactly for that reason that I don't like the AA games anymore. Takumi was brilliant, and if even part of 4 was his, that explains why it's still better than 5.

I've recently replayed JFA and the only case which was "ugh why so slow" was the circus one. The rest were pretty good, and the last one rocks. Except for a few dead moments in the earlier parts of the case.

I felt like the first AA game was one of the best since it was not cliche with tying in EVERY-SINGLE-CASE-into the last one.........
I liked the first miles edgeworth game but cant find an english version of the second one......
I actually quite like how almost every case tied into each other in the original trilogy. It made even the most boring case interesting, if only for what it meant in the big picture.

Then you will like this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ace-attorney-investigation-2-prosecutors-path-final-release.367451/

Reactions: Feeling it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...