Ace Attorney Investigations 2 - Miles Edgeworth Full Translation Complete!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AAI2Coverenglish.jpg

Well, you have definitely made a happy reporter of me today. As of moments ago, our very own Auryn and company have finished and released the full translation of the game Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - Prosecutor's Path.

According to Auryn, the patch would cover the entire game and would later be updated to correct the minor issues that people come across in their playthrough. And from what I have seen, it's a pretty comprehensive patch that replaces text, voices, backgrounds, and evidence. Personally, I can't wait to play it, and of course, I want to congratulate the team on a job well done, so kudos to you guys for making this happen!

:discuss: Link to ongoing discussion

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
All currently released Ace Attorney games are translated now, yes. At least I think so.
Actually no.
If we are talking about GBA, there should be 3 games untranslated (fully) and some partial translation.
NDS, there is still Gyakuten Saiban Jiten even if you can not really call it a game. It's more of an anthology.
A quick look when I played around with it a bit:

For the 3DS, I actually lost track of what is actually out or not but i believe there is still some untranslated/unreleased game there as well.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually no.
If we are talking about GBA, there should be 3 games untranslated (fully) and some partial translation.
NDS, there is still Gyakuten Saiban Jiten even if you can not really call it a game. It's more of an anthology.
A quick look when I played around with it a bit:

For the 3DS, I actually lost track of what is actually out or not but i believe there is still some untranslated/unreleased game there as well.

Aren't the GBA games just inferior versions of the DS games though? Dunno about the other stuff.

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aren't the GBA games just inferior versions of the DS games though? Dunno about the other stuff.

Technically speaking the NDS are remakes of the GBA, its not entirely right to call them inferior versions considering they simply came first.

Those three games were remade on NDS, and were given an English translation for the Japanese audience, and one new case using the NDS's capabilities for the first game. Since the script was already done, they gave it a shot in the USA (or so I assume at least). Sales probably were good enough to warrant bringing all 3 games over (which also had english translations in Japan). The first game that were truly localized for US (and not a Japanese bonus) was Appolo Justice, and then every following (PW5, Miles Edgeworth...).

Note about the first game sales : If I remember correct, the first PW game went in reprint 2 times for the US. Pretty phenomenal for a text game, considering a large part of the US playerbase prefer action games :P

This makes this game, Miles Edgeworth 2, the only game that was fan-translated. Some people did work on the GBA games though. I know there was a first-case translation patch for the third game. He picked the third game because at the time noone knew if there would be a US release for all 3 games (I don't even think we knew there'd be a JP NDS remake for 2-3 either). So he figured that the third game was the one with the least chances to be localized overall, and probably liked the story of the third game more (which I wouldn't blame him either).

There's still a chance for an official release, they mentionned going the route of digital releases only like PW5. Makes it alot easier for them to simply translate if they don't have to worry about printing physical copies.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Technically speaking the NDS are remakes of the GBA, its not entirely right to call them inferior versions considering they simply came first.

Those three games were remade on NDS, and were given an English translation for the Japanese audience, and one new case using the NDS's capabilities for the first game. Since the script was already done, they gave it a shot in the USA (or so I assume at least). Sales probably were good enough to warrant bringing all 3 games over (which also had english translations in Japan). The first game that were truly localized for US (and not a Japanese bonus) was Appolo Justice, and then every following (PW5, Miles Edgeworth...).
I wouldn't say they translated the games to English for a Japanese release and then decided to also bring them out in the rest of the world. It was probably the reverse: they decided the series deserved a chance in the west, so it was translated to English. Since the translation was done, it was included as a bonus in the Japanese release.
There's still a chance for an official release, they mentionned going the route of digital releases only like PW5. Makes it alot easier for them to simply translate if they don't have to worry about printing physical copies.
I really hope they'll do that, I'd gladly buy a 3DS version. In fact, what would be even better is if they went the Ace Attorney Trilogy route and bundled Apollo Justice and both Investigations games. I'm skipping the current trilogy since I can anyway play the DS versions on my 3DS, but with AAI2 missing it would be a different story.

I really like Investigations 2 by the way. I was disappointed by the first game, since I felt like the story wasn't as good and I missed the courtroom parts. So far, I'm almost done with the second case, and I really like how they fixed both of those points in some way.

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't say they translated the games to English for a Japanese release and then decided to also bring them out in the rest of the world. It was probably the reverse: they decided the series deserved a chance in the west, so it was translated to English. Since the translation was done, it was included as a bonus in the Japanese release.

I checked out the dates, both were released within a month of each other, giving fodder to your argument. But maybe its just they chose to release both regions at the same time too. Who knows. But that they went into reprinting is true though. Capcom underestimated the potential of this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off