ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Miles Edgeworth Fan Translation

Nytillion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys so much for doing this, I've wanted to play this game since it was announced, and I trust that you'll do a fantastic job!

I would like to help in any way I can, though. And if there's still spots on the localization team, I'd be more than happy to get to help with that. If not, keep up the good work.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, 2 months passed again....but we are still here and kicking :P

The following post is an update i just posted in CR backup forum so you need to read it only once :)

First of all thanks to all member that continue to work on the project without pause and notably Choky, Hacko, mrichston, Redjiggly and the more silent (counting forum posts) Bigklingy (and all the literal translators), and HanOnimous.

Well, it's nice to see that we still have people that want to work with us and have regular new apllications.
This allowed us to expand the literal translation teams by 2 members that if I am not wrong, never posted anything on the forum but are working behind the "forum stage" for us and so I welcome jinnijinjin and Bad Player.
Bad Player is doing a playthru with english subtitles as well so if you are impatient, you can play with his videos (note: the text in his subtitles and the text we are inserting into the game are not the same). More infos here.
More good news is that literal translation of case 3 has just started (or is about to start) as you can see here (look out for spoilers).

Thanks to the couple mriston/Choky, we are about to reach probably 75% or more of the graphics editing so I will probably close the applications for graphic editors and just keep the graphic inserter position open.

Good news in fact hacking as well thanks to Hacko. He successfully hacked the E/P screen (evidence/profile screen) so that we have more space for the text and activated the inactive VWF of that screen allowing us to write up to 5 lines of text.

fix.png

Some more good news are with Redjiggly (a new addition to the group as well) that has taken the head of the localization team and got about 12 positive answers in the first 1-2 days of his job so there should be a new localization team up and running already.

Now we Hacko will concentrate on making Script Studio perfect so that we can hire text inserters and finally get the script inside the game.

So, as you see, at the moment all lights are green and nothing is standing in the way anymore (at the moment at least). As we have seen 2 times already (when trying to insert the main text and when inserting the E/P text) problems appears always from nowhere so it's still difficult to say when a patch will be released.
Longtime ago I was playing with the idea to make the demo of AAI2 to a teaser game translating it but after we see what pain in the ass it is to hack, I decided to not go that way meaning that the first patch will probably be a case1 beta patch with all intro screens, main screen, save screens, graphics and text for at least case 1 translated.
Many of you probably know Minecraft and we will proceed exactly as them:
You (the player) can then inform us about typos/glitches or other problems meaning that there will be no closed beta test(ers) but an open beta.
If the problem is a critical problem making the game unplayable, we will release a case1 beta x patch. If not critical, all the reports will flow in the second patch that is planned to be release: case 2 beta (with case 1 hopefully final).

You are now informed about the progress and how the patch is planned so please don't flood this thread with questions about progress or release date.
Have respect of all users that come to this forum and can just read my posts to be up to date on what is going on and don't have to scroll back pages of useless flood for nothing (nobody (want to) do that) before finding my relevant post.

Thanks for respecting this and all people supporting us,

Reactions: 1 person

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to put this project in the Translation Index, but I need a few details before I can do so:
  • Is this just a Japanese to French translation, or is there a Japanese to English translation being worked on as well? If there is an English translation being worked on, are there two projects, or a single project with translators for both languages?
  • Who's in charge? I normally put a Project Head entry in the listing for a project, but I can't definitively say who is the "lead" on this project, even after going through all 12 pages.

I know I'm a little behind on this project, but I must have missed it when it first started, because I just noticed it now.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@[member='bahamut920']:
I know it could be a bit confusing to see english and french screenshots on this thread but if you noticed, the english are always from myself and the french ones from Hacko.
Anyway, this thread was opened by somebody at gbatemp and not by anybody that is working on the project.
We just continued to use it to not have 100 different topics about AAI2.
About the configuration of the project, it a bit complicated:
basically there is the french AAI1 translation project that is going on since more or less 2 years as well as the german AAI1 translation project.
About 1 year ago, there was people at Court Record trying to start to translate AAI2 but they didn't have anybody that was good at hacking so they contacted almost everybody that had / is working on a AA game. Around march/april of last year I found out about that thread and started working on the game but even if there was some progress, there was a lacking of almost everything especially leadership and organization.
While the summer, I tried to organize a group with people ready to work on the project without asking the "leaders" of the project and while that time the french team joined as well but they still was too busy with AAI1 to really do anything at that time.
At fall most of the graphics extraction and script extraction done (thanks to jjjewel as well) so I decided to take the lead of the group but sadly see that the most people didn't have the constancy to do the work.
When finally the french team (especially Hacko and Choky) finally got some time for AAI2 and we got blessed with BigKlingy as literal translator, finally the things started to go the right way but stepping on all the technical problems you saw in this post.
So how the translation is organized right now??
Well, I am at the head of the english version of the project and more or less the beta tester of everything that come from the various departements.
BigKlingy as head literal translator, Redjiggly head of the localization team, HanOunimous head (and alone worker :P) of the sound departement, mrichston as graphic editor (there was some other people doing this but he really took the job seriously and sometimes it was hard even for me to follow his paste :P). All this people work exclusively for the english version of the game and involve about 30-40 people.
Then there are the cross-worker like Choky, Hacko and Secretmonster that are working with both groups (french and english) and especially Choky is doing cross checking of the text between his japanese>french translation and BK japanese>english translation.
The french team has naturally people working only for them as well and they not work on the english version.
Hacko/Henke normally do programs that are used by both teams and the french team has access to all translated/edited graphics/text of the english version.
There is a brasil translation that is working with the information and tools we have but we only gave a little support for case1 text and then see how well they can work, if they can manage the game, we are maybe willing to share the english literal translation with them.
The german translation is present on the forum as well but not really helping out apart maybe about choosing the names (should be done now).
There is Daviex that is doing the italian AAI1 translation by himself that expressed interest on AAI2 but he will need alot of time to finish AAI1 first and then he will probably just want the tools/information to do the italian translation.
I hope this clear things up a bit so that you can make your entry and if you need more informations, hop to the Court records backup board @http://z11.invisionfree.com/court_records/index.php?showforum=26 (need to be registred to see).

@[member='darkbuster412']:
It actually should be clear that there is a english translation is on the way as well as the french but to make you happy :P
enga.png

I just noticed that I never posted this image here even if it was actually done last june by me :P

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member="Auryn"]: Okay, so there are two separate projects with some members collaborating on both. You are the project lead on the English side of things, but who is the project head for the French project?

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@[member='bahamut920']: from what I know the head at the head of the french team there is Mellma, Choky head translator, Secretmonster head graphic editor and Hacko as main hacker.
http://www.aai-fr.com/ this is the site of the french translation team and you have links in that site to the spanish, german and italian AAI1 translation groups.
From what I know, that italian group is not active anymore but you can contact "Daviex" in this or that forum... he should be working on it alone.

@[member='bradzx']: you could go to page 6 and 7 of this thead or go to the CR backup board and you will see mostly english screens.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm