Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Miles Edgeworth Fan Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Chaze the chat, Apr 17, 2011.

Apr 17, 2011

Auryn New Member

Message Count:
    Switzerland
    Even if they would release an official translation, you still need me to find the bugs in your programs :P

Black-Ice Space Cat

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Well, no AAI2 from capcom captivate, unless i missed something. :(
    So I guess all our hopes are relayed back to you guys.
    Hope it aint too heavy :creep:
    1 people like this.

Auryn New Member

Message Count:
    Switzerland
    Yeap, it's really looking like that. Don't worry, we will try to not make you sad :P
    1 people like this.
    • Newcomer

black attorney New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil
    Hi ,i´m from Brazil and i loveee ace attorney series and when i found in the net this project I almost cry of hapiness.So i hope that this will be avaible soon and i want to to wish luck to all who are participating in the project and say THANK YOU VERY MUCH :D .And now 1 question,is there any news for the translation in english?Hope you guys answer my question, thank very much! :)

Black-Ice Space Cat

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    The main project is lead on court records in the 'labratory section'
    http://z11.invisionfree.com/court_records/index.php?
    Make an account and check it out for a more accurate picture of whats going on.
    This is more a side thread to spread the word
    • Newcomer

HitBattousai New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    On a related note, someone is doing an English translation playthrough of the Japanese version of the game with soft subs, here's the first part of it for anyone interested:

Auryn New Member

Message Count:
    Switzerland
    and that someone is helping out the translation as well but the 2 project are separated.
    Meaning that the subs you see in youtube, are not the text that will be inserted in the game.

GHANMI New Member

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    The guy subbing the playthrough on youtube stopped right when he finished the first case, going on infinite hiatus.
    Anyways, wish you good luck for the fan translation.

PS: Is asking for a partial translation for the first case too much? :)

hackotedelaplaqu New Member

Message Count:
    France
    Case 1 is almost done by both theams but we still need to hack the chess part (text length limit here too).
    1 people like this.

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Message Count:
    United States
    What is the name going to be? Just Ace Attorney Investigation 2?

hackotedelaplaqu New Member

Message Count:
    France
    Prosecutor's Path.
    • Newcomer

mudassirul New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    i'm itching for this patch, how far has it come along? And a big thank you

Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Message Count:
    Australia
    Far enough. As for the patch, nobody knows, I think it's case by case. I could be wrong.
    • Newcomer

Mr.Mugiwara New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil
    You have 1 case alredy translated?
    • Newcomer

Lusankya New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Yes, Case 1 & 2 are translated, case 3 is only missing a couple of .bins. But that's just a small part of the work. The text needs to be localized, they need to proof read it, it has to be inserted into the ROM, and of course everything must work in the end.
    There is progress, there are still many good people working on it, but it still needs quite some time. It's hard work and it's a lot of work.

Vampire Lied Resident sociopath

Message Count:
    United States
    Sounds like it is coming along great! I appreciate all the hard work being put into this project. It's looking like a very professional job so far.

Warrior522 "In all things, balance."

Message Count:
    United States
    *halelujiah chorus as the translation team descends from heaven with a golden translation patched cartridge*

OH GLORIOUS DAY IT'S ON IT'S WAY TO COMPLETION 8D

Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Message Count:
    Australia
    Not far from it, but the cases have yet to be localised. This means we have to run through the translated text again and making the text fit even better. Then we have to reinsert everything back in and start beta testing and debugging which may also take a while. Although it's not far off, don't hold your breath.
    1 people like this.

Auryn New Member

Message Count:
    Switzerland
    Well, it's been a while since i bothered with AAI2 because or busy for work or because of personal depression (some members know what happened to me) making me get a profund lack of interest on romhacking.
    Anyway, I am still here and care about this project even if myself is not up to date 100%, I think it's time to make a little update.
    The main evolution is that the "hardcore" testing of the hacks we had in place for the text, showed that there is problems with text limits on the advanced stages of the game.
    This problem is at the moment worked on by Hacko and Henke that try to convert the encoding of the game to accept ASCII. Till we don't have this working, we can't insert any text back to the game.
    For the rest of the translation, because the most people like %s, here a little chart:
    Literal Translation Progress:
    -Case 1: 100%
    -Case 2: 99%
    -Case 3: 60%
    -Profiles: 20%
    -Maps: 99%
    -Choice Buttons: 99%

I am sorry but I don't have any idea about the localization team (this part is the part of the project that was rebuild at least 3 times already) maybe because the literal translation is done so well that the localization team doesn't know how to make it better :P

Graphics are, from what i know, almost done till at the stage of the character animations meaning almost 99% if i didn't missed something special myself.

I want to take this post to apologize to the group and the fans but also thanks all the people that are still working on this project even if myself was not really an ideal head of the project in the last view months but you continued in your effort to complete this project even without guidance.
    I don't really want to go into names because I will probably forget somebody but I think that:
    tanakahouji, N-Forza, Bad Player, jinnijinjin (for literal translation), Choky (translations, care taker for both teams and for bother to answer all post in the forum even when i was not here), hackotedelaplaque / Henke37 for the hacking, mrichston for the many graphics (by the way, i didn't forget about the animation), HanOnimous for collecting the voice samples, probably Redjiggly (localization team) and all that I forgot, are to be mentioned at this point.

The bad news is naturally that there is still no patch even if some rumors are around that there is one.

For all the people that are waiting for the patch, i can only say: "Have patience. The wait is maybe long but the more you wait, the better the translation will become.".

Some special thanks to all that are still supporting us.
    3 people like this.

Black-Ice Space Cat

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Don't worry about idiots and Keep your head up @[member='Auryn']
    You have support. thanks for the update :yay: