ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

Hiroshi Mishima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got it and the Supercard in the mail about two days ago (had to replace them after they were stolen months ago), so I formatted it last night. These ROMs are the first the card's seen so far, and the first time the card's been used. It's the exact same kind as I had last time, which hadn't had any problems. A SanDisk Ultra 32.

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got it and the Supercard in the mail about two days ago (had to replace them after they were stolen months ago), so I formatted it last night. These ROMs are the first the card's seen so far, and the first time the card's been used. It's the exact same kind as I had last time, which hadn't had any problems. A SanDisk Ultra 32.

I have the same card and the same SD, so I don't know. When I lost data the first time, I checked around, and used SDFormatter, quick, so I dunno what to tell ya. Try checking the DSTwo for beginners thread on this board and see if there's anything you're missing doing?

Reactions: Hiroshi Mishima

Hiroshi Mishima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing seems to be missing insofar as I can tell. I just followed the same steps I did last year when I set this up the first time. And yeah, used SDFormatter, too. The guide says Full Erase, but I could always try using Quick, unless that's not what you meant. I'll give it a try anyways, can't hurt, I suppose.

EDIT: Whelp, using Quick instead of Full Erase seems to have done the trick? I dunno how it would be any different, but it worked so that's good.

xPiLoNx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an account on GbaTemp just so that I could thank you for your hard work. I'm starting the last case (5) now and seriously, you put so much effort and dedication into it that it feels as it I was playing an official translation!
It's thank to you that my commutes to work everyday feel shorter since I can continue reading the stories of our favorite attorneys, and for this I thank you.

I'll just go ahead and say it one last time just in case:

THANK YOU FOR THIS! :P

Reactions: hackotedelaplaqu

Pocketkandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Uhm so i downloaded the game and played the first 3 chapters on 9.10 (i didn't know that was the problem back then) but when i started up the 4th chapter i couldn't check any of the evidence since it just ended up being a black screen, i've nearly read this entire thread and spent hours trying to get 9.9 to recognize the .dsv files, how can i fix this without having to replay chapters 1-3?

Nyahnyah-chan

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey! I created this account for 2 things:
1) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ace attorney have been one of the greatest serie i've ever played and i was so excited to see that thanks to you, i could play the last one! I'm really happy to see that some people take their time to offer to the others some new opprtunities to play games they would have never been able to. You're cool Auryn ^^.
2) Sadly, i'm having some troubles. I can't charge the 3rd investigation, the intro starts, the music starts to crackle and it just crash. I don't know what's happening --'. I'm using a mac with Open Emu, i've made the last update (tell me if you need to know more details, if i can find them). I want to play it fast so please, hurry!!!!

Anyway, thanks again ans see ya!

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey! I created this account for 2 things:
1) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ace attorney have been one of the greatest serie i've ever played and i was so excited to see that thanks to you, i could play the last one! I'm really happy to see that some people take their time to offer to the others some new opprtunities to play games they would have never been able to. You're cool Auryn ^^.
2) Sadly, i'm having some troubles. I can't charge the 3rd investigation, the intro starts, the music starts to crackle and it just crash. I don't know what's happening --'. I'm using a mac with Open Emu, i've made the last update (tell me if you need to know more details, if i can find them). I want to play it fast so please, hurry!!!!

Anyway, thanks again ans see ya!

Currently you need desmume 0.9.9 to play it past case 3 intro.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/desmume/files/desmume/0.9.9/desmume-0.9.9-mac.dmg/download

Uhm so i downloaded the game and played the first 3 chapters on 9.10 (i didn't know that was the problem back then) but when i started up the 4th chapter i couldn't check any of the evidence since it just ended up being a black screen, i've nearly read this entire thread and spent hours trying to get 9.9 to recognize the .dsv files, how can i fix this without having to replay chapters 1-3?

You can rename dsvs to savs and use import backup memory.

Pocketkandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I've used .dsv files and the .sav file but it wont accept either of them, whenever i import a .sav file it just gives me a game without anything saved

whiskeyii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Just popping in to say thanks and to confirm something. I did also get garbled sound during the intro of case 3, and I'm using Desmume 9.9. Dunno what the issue is there (should I not be using the x86 version?), but I thought I'd confirm it, since it was mentioned earlier.

EDIT: Oh, and I downloaded the 9.9 version from EmuParadise.

EDIT 2: Tried both 9.9 32- and 64-bit. No dice. Using 9.8 seems to have gotten rid of the garbled sound, though the controls seem to have switched around a bit. I can't move with WASD, but I can use the arrow keys instead. The WASD keys are hotkeyed to shortcuts for the Organizer and the like.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey! Just popping in to say thanks and to confirm something. I did also get garbled sound during the intro of case 3, and I'm using Desmume 9.9. Dunno what the issue is there (should I not be using the x86 version?), but I thought I'd confirm it, since it was mentioned earlier.

EDIT: Oh, and I downloaded the 9.9 version from EmuParadise.

EDIT 2: Tried both 9.9 32- and 64-bit. No dice. Using 9.8 seems to have gotten rid of the garbled sound, though the controls seem to have switched around a bit. I can't move with WASD, but I can use the arrow keys instead. The WASD keys are hotkeyed to shortcuts for the Organizer and the like.

If I remember correctly, garbled sound in case 3 intro occurs, if you use firmware.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Translated patched (No AP patch used) working great so far on all my DS consoles with:
- Supercard DSTwo (Tested on DSi XL /3DS / 3DS XL)
- Supercard DS One (i) (Tested on DSi (EU) / DSi (J))
- EZ Flash V(i) (Tested on DS / DS Lite / DSi (EU))
- R4 Revolution (Original) and latest Wood (v1.62) (Tested on DS)
- R4i Ultra with Ysmenu based in AKAIO (YSMenu201310) (Tested on DS Lite) (Needs AP Patched)

Thanks for the Translation!

- Forgot: Did not work on R4i Pro from xxx.r4ipro.xxx (site does not excist anymore) on Ysmenu or Wood or Original OS

whiskeyii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check emulation settings. You really should study your emulator's settings.

Like I said, I'm new to emulation; I thought it was a "plug in and play" kind of set up. But thanks, I'll give it a try.

EDIT: The firmware box was not checked under my options (I'm assuming that means I wasn't using firmware in the first place), and choosing to use an external firmware image did nothing. :/ I"m assuming this is because I don't have external firmware to use, but if the sound problem is caused by firmware, I shouldn't need a firmware file in the first place, right?

EDIT 2: I don't know if this is relevant, but I'm running DeSmuMe from a desktop and a laptop, alternatively. Both have this issue. I tried searching for "yopyop" since that was mentioned in the Firmware Settings window, and it led me to the .ini file. I tried deleting anything that had "firmware" in it, but that didn't change anything, so I reverted it back to how it was originally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things