ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

Apollo Justice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lichess.org
XP
Country
So lads I am trying to enjoy this game, after the first two cases it was brilliant by the 3rd Case I couldn't get pass the opening cut-scene. Then I thought screw it lets do the next case but it gets worse, I try to use evidence and some of the texts and pages are black. Even the places where you are meant to deduce in the rooftop. Is my patch outdated or what, I am using both XDelta and Beat.

Nevermind I am using new Desume which does this error lol :)
That was the second bug I was going to report... I can't get past the intro at all! I really should have read the 'known issues' part, but it's too late now.

I went to DeSMuME 0.9.9 but it won't detect my .dsv save file! Any ideas? (hopefully I won't have to replay the first 2 cases)

Epicdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the second bug I was going to report... I can't get past the intro at all! I really should have read the 'known issues' part, but it's too late now.

I went to DeSMuME 0.9.9 but it won't detect my .dsv save file! Any ideas? (hopefully I won't have to replay the first 2 cases)

I did the same thing i honestly couldn't figure it out so i just replayed those 2 cases :/

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Your Desmume 0.9.10 is probably in different folder, so your dsv saves are there. Move that folder to 0.9.9.

maximumxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Works flawlessly on R4 with Wood R4 Kernel. (There's only text missing when you load a save in the middle of a conversation, as you stated before).
You have my entire gratitude for making this possible. AMAZING JOB GUYS, you restore my faith in humanity.

Reactions: hackotedelaplaqu

PGDesolator

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I am not an active member here but that doesn't mean I can't take a minute to thank the team who put in so much hard work in order to complete this project. I will sharing this thread with my other friends who have played the series to enjoy this gem of a game.

Again huge thanks to Auryn and his team.

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys! Thank you veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery much for this patch!!! I played this for more than a month during my trips on the bus to college and I had a lot of fun thanks to everyone who worked so hard to give us the BEST FAN-TRANSLATION PATCH EVER!!! It was SO PERFECT that is unbelievable this isn't an official patch!! I'm really grateful for you guys! You are the best ones!! You guys are the REAL Yatagarasu who "stole" the GAME Capcom hide from us!!!!! You guys are noble!! You guys are the best!! Thank you! Thank you!!

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Ummm can someone help me? In case 3 after the opening scene and it zooms out for a tv the screen completely crashes.In the version with only case 1-3 this never happend.

Read the OP said:
5) Know issues
d) Using Desmune version 0.9.10 seem to make make many screen go to black. Because this bug
only happens in this version of Desmune, I believe it’s emulator related and we can not
do anything. So play it in version 0.9.9.

Auryn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
9b1bc4ecbc87bcb53aac0295d131cb3dd887b808bfcfcab6b04428621c3a449e.jpg

Rishano0

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, its working now(although the entire desmume is kinda crazy cause i didnt download from the official page)Anyway thanks, going to play like mad. also (i forgot to say in the first post) thank you guys for making this patch.

vanlovedao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished the game! I'd like to give my deepest thanks to the creators of this translation! The quality is excellent! I'd say it'd be on par with any official release from Capcom thus far!

Igi Espeleta

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
I thank you for the wonderful patch. I have been waiting for this like forever. A problem though. When I patched the game with XDelta and put the AP patch (to make sure), the ROM gave me errcode=-4. Is there any way to fix this? I'm using an R4i Card (the green clone) and am running the latest version of YSMenu. Please provide a solution to me. Help is greatly appreciated!

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Finished it yesterday. Amazing, I'm so glad people devote their time to bring hours of enjoyment to others, thanks!

I'm wondering something though why does Edgeworth call it "Little Mr. Thief"? I thought it was an error in the translation at first. But then Kay at one point corrects him. What's that about? Maybe that was in the first game too and I've just forgotten about it..?

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought he was asking if it was supposed to be "Little Thief" and not "Little Mr. Thief". I don't recall offhand myself if/where that was, though.

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was just Edgeworth mistaking the name, like he did with the "psycholocks" in the third game.

Hiroshi Mishima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got an extremely vexing situation. When I put the unpatched Gyakuten Kenji 2 ROM into my Supercard DSTwo's ROM folder, it shows up and plays fine. However, as soon as I patch it and place it in there.. it suddenly no longer shows up in the folder on the DS Menu. This "not appearing" thing has happened to several games I've added, included US version of Ace Attorney Investigations 1 (cause my hard copy is in storage right now). Is there something about the patch that could be causing this? Or maybe a file I'm somehow missing? I'm hoping if I figure out why AAI2 isn't showing up, maybe it'll solve the problem for everything else, too.

I've tried both the Delta and Beat patched versions. I've tried adding eNDryptS to it, as well. None of that works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.