ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

Floowers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Windows 8, 64 bit and DeSmuMe 9.10 as an emulator, at the beginning of Case 3, just as the camera is panning back from the tv screen the game goes black with pink vertical lines, and there is no way to click out or past it. Additionally, during the actual cutscene there were some wonky sounds, like static, misplaced sound effects.

I would switch to 9.9, but I cannot seem to find that version available to download on the site linked to in the initial post. ***Edit: I checked the sourceforge link and found it!***

The only other issue I have noticed is that at times the music will "stumble" or slow oddly when checking the organizer and that some text boxes click through absurdly fast, like split-second fast. Neither are really a big deal, though.

Floowers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you people even read the first post??? It clearly says that you should use DeSmuME 0.9.9 and there will be no bugs. Gee!

I did, but the link in the first post takes you automatically to the 9.10 version, which I downloaded without thinking. I'm new to using emulators, so I wasn't keeping track of certain details very well. Besides, I was not aware that "some black screens" translated to "completely unable to play or proceed past set points, each and every time."

Playing 9.9 may fix the problem (it hasn't for me, as said, I'm new to all this and getting 9.9 to play my older save states or use the provided game saves from the initial post has been a failure doubtless due to user error), but it is still a bug having something to do with the way the patched rom works with the 9.10 emulator, and knowing that it occurs in a specific point in the game for multiple users may be useful to the team if they want it to be compatible with future versions of DeSmuMe.

I don't know if it ultimately will be useful information, but the team asked us to report our experience using the beta version and this was my experience. I wasn't looking for them to swoop down and fix it for me, I've been taking their advice and hunting around myself to try and fix it for the sake of my own individual play experience. :)

Floowers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I had just assumed, since it was first time using an emulator, that "saved states" were what you were supposed to do (it was the first thing I saw when poking around). Checking out the config, yeah, I can totally use enter to save like I would on my DS. :glare: Hey, it's only my third day. :D

I used a normal save on the rom and then moved the nds and dsv file over to the rom and battery folders, respectively, for 9.9 and everything is working great just where I left off!

clock_is_ticking310

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
There is a bug in this translation, I found one when I was starting case 3. Is it a emulator bug or is it something else that glitched? The bug is similar to what happened in this video:

I have seen that most people's copies of the game works perfectly fine, except some. I tried resetting the game, but it still don't work. Just so you know, the emulator I used is DeSmuMe version 0.9.10b. I also used to different rom sources to get the roms to test if it would happen again on a different rom. The glitch happened on both times. Can you help me on this bug?

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a bug in this translation, I found one when I was starting case 3. Is it a emulator bug or is it something else that glitched? The bug is similar to what happened in this video:

I have seen that most people's copies of the game works perfectly fine, except some. I tried resetting the game, but it still don't work. Just so you know, the emulator I used is DeSmuMe version 0.9.10b. I also used to different rom sources to get the roms to test if it would happen again on a different rom. The glitch happened on both times. Can you help me on this bug?

That's a known bug, you should use DeSmuME 0.9.9, it fixes it.

Reactions: ComeTurismO

Ulikadajuice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an Issue with the patch where the language still shows up like the picture below Can somebody help me fix this

Attachments

• patch.png
    patch.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 244

TranscendentIgnorance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a freeze in the second case at the end of the chess game with
Frank Sahwit
. I had just won the battle, and then the DS froze and wouldn't react to any button presses at all. This is on an Acekard 2 running AKAIO 1.8.9 without any cheats, soft reset or other options applied.
I got the same freeze using the blue gateway card on 3DS, simply resetting and replaying let me get through but ever since then I've been getting occasional freezes throughout this case. Been simply saving often now, but even saving can cause the game to freeze (thankfully the save still works afterwards). I can still hear the sound, and exit via home menu, but the game itself is completely frozen.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I somehow managed to get stuck in Middle-1 of case 5. According to a walkthrough I should be finished already (did the final step at least) and I'm pretty sure I talked to everyone and investigated everything, but the investigation didn't end and now I'm stuck.
The area in question is
the reconstruction of the kidnapping/murder

André Lusegardis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys i'm having some problems:
3) How to patch it??
First of all you need the ROM of the game (don't ask us where to get it, Google is your friend).
Remember to keep a copy of the clean ROM for future patches (we have yet to decide if we will make a progressive patch or you will always need to use a clean ROM.
For this patch we offer you 2 patch formats:
BEAT: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/893/
Xdelta: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

For BEAT, choose the BEAT download link, decompress the patch, run BEAT, press "Apply patch", choose your .nds file and your .bps file, then "Patch" when you finish, play it on emu or transfer to your micro SD card.

For Xdelta, choose the Xdelta download link, decompress the patch, run Xdelta UI, select your ROM, select the patch, then "Patch" when you finish, play it on emu or transfer to your micro SD card.

but i can't decompress the patch!! says is not a arquive valid of win32. Could you guys upload a decompressed file?

hawawa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after redoing the first case to restore my progress and then finishing the game I must give my heartfelt thanks for this project, this was a great installment in the series, and i'm truly grateful that I got to experience it. Also guys dsemume .9.9 solves pretty much every problem reported, as I played through the whole thing bug free (three words disappeared after viewing some evidence in case 5 but that's it)

André Lusegardis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What are you using? Mac or Windows? We need more information before we give you the method.

I'm using windows 7, i choose "beat" but this also happens with "xdelta", i'm gonna insert the image of what happens.

i just tried to execute the beat patch that came as a ".exe" file, i suppose that is how i decompress, but that was my result :(

i'm doing everything right, right?

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2014-07-06 11.25.31.png
    Captura de tela 2014-07-06 11.25.31.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 215

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm using windows 7, i choose "beat" but this also happens with "xdelta", i'm gonna insert the image of what happens.

i just tried to execute the beat patch that came as a ".exe" file, i suppose that is how i decompress, but that was my result :(

i'm doing everything right, right?

Use manual download for downloading patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)