Account has been suspended?

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Monodon, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Monodon
    OP

Monodon Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    California
    Maybe this isn't the place to post this, but I digress. I've been banned from the Nintendo Network and I have no clue why. The only thing I can think is that I bought Mario Odyssey through PayPal and accidentally disputed the charge. I've since canceled the dispute, but this was several days ago and I didn't get 'suspended' until today. I don't know if a suspension is the same thing as a ban, and I don't know if talking with Nintendo support over the phone is gonna get me anywhere. Any opinions?

2. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    You have 3ds on a same account?

3. Monodon
    OP

Monodon Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    California
    Nah

4. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    Well contact Ninty. Don't ask questions here, just mail them.

5. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    You started a dispute, that's the problem. Even if you did cancel it, they still saw it happen, more than likely their funds were FROZEN for the time. That's enough of a reason to suspect fraud, hence ban. Your only option is to call them and explain the situation.

Minox and Xzi like this.
  6. Monodon
    OP

Monodon Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    California
    I was going to delete this thread before you replied. I just came here from some other guy's thread and knew I had an account here so it seemed convenient. The other guy was stealing credit cards though, lol.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sounds good, their support lines won't be open till tomorrow and I'm just kinda worried and upset. Primarily just didn't know if they would even help, or if a suspension and ban are one in the same

Last edited by Monodon, Nov 12, 2017
  7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i would say that's what the cause is. i done this once on steam (because the game wouldn't even run in w7 and they refused a refund so fuck them) and they blocked my pp account...lucky i have 2 more :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Nov 12, 2017
  8. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    it needs to be one in the same for idiots doing stupid stuff like this

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    It's a bit hard to accidentally dispute a PayPal transaction, you have to go out your way to do that. Nintendo's system probably think you were using a stolen PayPal account so have suspended your account.

I'd imagine they will sort it out if you speak to them and payment has gone though for the game.

10. Killaclown

Killaclown GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway
    I have only disputed anything on paypal once, but used to be you had to go trough 5 screens and fill in a lot of info to dispute anything. Did they recently change this? Anyway, your best bet is to contact nintendo support.

11. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    No, Sony does the same thing. They don't offer refunds and if you dispute the charges or do a charge back to your card, you'll be banned. Wouldn't surprise me if Ninty went this route to fight fraud.

12. yardie

yardie GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    Good

13. Cubuss
    This message by Cubuss has been removed from public view by Minox, Nov 13, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Reason: Be nice.
    Nov 12, 2017
  14. Monodon
    OP

Monodon Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    California
    -snip-
    That was an easy way of explaining it. It got disputed because a Lyft ride overcharged my paypal account by $1 the following day, combined with some new security measures at Paypal where I had to send them photo copies of all this stuff to get my account to allow payments or transfers or anything of the sort, so the full 59.99 was disputed. Yes, it was accidentally disputed. Maybe you wouldn't understand this because you're wearing wooden clogs and drinking shitty beer while your homeland is pillaged by savages.

If a mod wants to prune or lock this thread or something, I already called Nintendo and my account will be back 'within 3 business days'

-snip-

Last edited by Minox, Nov 13, 2017 at 7:07 AM
    paperycandy likes this.
  15. Cubuss
    This message by Cubuss has been removed from public view by Minox, Nov 13, 2017 at 7:08 AM, Reason: GBAtemp is not an imageboard.
    Nov 12, 2017
  16. Sinon
    This message by Sinon has been removed from public view by Minox, Nov 13, 2017 at 7:08 AM, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    Nov 12, 2017
  17. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    If you are having problems with nintendo accounts, contact nintendo. The forum would be the last place to be, we cannot be of any help here cause nintendo holds your fate. Sorry it happen to you and sorry if i was being harsh but is just not anything we can do as miracle, but if you want support, we can provide it but it comes at risk of the individual and if they will or not. :ninja: