XP
Country
Antarctica

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How did he do the 2.1 CTRtransfer? According to the guide it says to use Auto CTRNAND Transfer in decrypt9.
This process backups the NAND (if given the a ok) validates the NAND backup, install the CTR image.

If he actually installed a9lh not in 2.1 with some others otp then it's bricked as far as I know.

Last edited by Natsuru,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How did he do the 2.1 CTRtransfer? According to the guide it says to use Auto CTRNAND Transfer in decrypt9.
This process backups the NAND (if given the a ok) validates the NAND backup, install the CTR image.

If he actually installed a9lh not in 2.1 with some others otp then it's bricked as far as I know.
That's the issue, too many people are skipping the process because of lack of space (instead of making space) or because they think they don't need it. Then they get fucked up and ruin their system.
Do you have the "arm9loaderhax.bin" from Luma in the root of your SD card?

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

Since he said he was using other console OTP & from the text he post, I assume he wasn't using bible.
He accidentally put SafeA9LHinstaller file instead of Decrypt9WIP, accidentally leave his other O3DS OTP.bin in files9 folder.
And accidentally launcher SafeA9LHinstaller from Safehax.

So, he process without accessing Decrypt9, so he doesn't use Auto CTRNAND Transfer.

Last edited by nechigawara,
Reactions: HyperT

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So, he process without accessing Decrypt9, so he doesn't use Auto CTRNAND Transfer.
Ya kinda got that. I have never heard of someone doing this before.
This is the first time I saw this case too. But, since both Decrypt9 and SafeA9LHinstaller need an arm9 exploit to run,
I think it possible to also run SafeA9LHinstaller from safehax.
And if the user using newer version of SafeA9LHinstaller (OTPless + N3DS) or having OTP of that console already,
that user can install A9LH without going back to 2.1.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the issue, too many people are skipping the process because of lack of space (instead of making space) or because they think they don't need it. Then they get fucked up and ruin their system.
I'm the type of person that gets over-paranoid about becoming that kind of person, so I make 3 different backups, compare them, and then make backups. I've been like this ever since using my E3 Flasher for my PS3, because that was the only way to make sure the E3 Flasher correctly read the NAND chip.

Reactions: nechigawara

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well as already mentioned there is the plaintext attack possibility, but you would still need a hard mod and ability to figure something out by yourself

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP to the fallen 3ds. Wait for sighax, that's probably the only thing that can revive your 3ds now.
Sighax requires existing hax already installed to work. It's not a hax you can load on an unmodded 3DS, due to it needed NAND write access, something only CFW or other exploits can give.

Last edited by Dimensional,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
well as already mentioned there is the plaintext attack possibility, but you would still need a hard mod and ability to figure something out by yourself

Do you really think an average user (or lesser than that) that didn't even follow the guide correcly, installed using with someone else's OTP knows what you're even talking about? Or that he'd be able to "figure it out". You're known for hardmodding in this community and if even you don't know how to do it - how would he?

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
19b29f7ad6193c3560f11eb19b96aec8.jpg

Have fun :)

Reactions: netovsk

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Do you really think an average user (or lesser than that) that didn't even follow the guide correcly, installed using with someone else's OTP knows what you're even talking about? Or that he'd be able to "figure it out". You're known for hardmodding in this community and if even you don't know how to do it - how would he?
I have unbricked systems using the plaintext method,, and I have always tried to discourage end users from trying to hardmodding themselves (too many complete screw up for my liking), it would be better for him to send it off to someone else and maybe they would be able to unbrick for him, but yeah your right someone who can't follow simple instructions would probably screw up even worse than they already have

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.