Gaming Accessing e-Shop from overseas question..

Manolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a US 3DS XL and i'm going to Europe for awhile for work. Will I be able to access the US e-Shop or will I be stuck with the EU version?

Any help is appreciated!

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I have a US 3DS XL and i'm going to Europe for awhile for work. Will I be able to access the US e-Shop or will I be stuck with the EU version?

Any help is appreciated!

The 3DS is region locked u know?
And anywhere u go, you will still have the same eShop.

Manolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I know its region locked but was wondering for some reason if im behind a Euro IP will it not let me connect to the US servers.

Thanks for the info guys!

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
The 3DS is region locked u know?
And anywhere u go, you will still have the same eShop.

Wrong, you can acess all eShop stores inside yout region lock. An USA 3DS can see the Mexican store for exemple, but cannot see the UK store.

Yea I know its region locked but was wondering for some reason if im behind a Euro IP will it not let me connect to the US servers.

Thanks for the info guys!

You chose the region that you want for your eShop on settings screen, there is no IP check, the only check you will face is the credit card check, so since you keep a USA credit card, you will have no problem at all. If you will not keep a American credit card, you still can buy USA eShop Pre-paid cards.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wrong, you can acess all eShop stores inside yout region lock. An USA 3DS can see the Mexican store for exemple, but cannot see the UK store.

You chose the region that you want for your eShop on settings screen, there is no IP check, the only check you will face is the credit card check, so since you keep a USA credit card, you will have no problem at all. If you will not keep a American credit card, you still can buy USA eShop Pre-paid cards.
Mexico is in USA ._.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
South or North, its the same, that's all America.
You are wrong again. On America's region we have at least 4 different stores (USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and maybe more). It is not the same content, it is not the same prices, it is only the same region lock, and the user is free to chose, but it is not free to buy due to credit card restrictions.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You are wrong again. On America's region we have at least 4 different stores (USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and maybe more). It is not the same content, it is not the same prices, it is only the same region lock, and the user is free to chose, but it is not free to buy due to credit card restrictions.

But still its called America.

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mexico is in North America.

Guess thinking that "USA = North America" isn't just an American mindset.

actually, I think Mexico is in Central america....

on topic:
since you probably have an American firmware you will probably making contact with the American E-shop.

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
actually, I think Mexico is in Central america....

on topic:
since you probably have an American firmware you will probably making contact with the American E-shop.

Nope, Mexico is a part of North America. Central America is those little countries between Mexico and South America.

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
México is in North America... i´m mexican so stop that discussion, on to the topic, yes you can see your store not matter where do you live, but once you change your country you cannot access to your funds unless you return to your original country

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Saying Mexico is part of the USA, is like saying France is part of Germany.
I think nobody ever said it was part of the USA, only part of North America...

Nope, Mexico is a part of North America. Central America is those little countries between Mexico and South America.

oh well, I guess it is indeed like you said.

even so, I don't think what the importance is of discussing whether Mexico is part of North America or South America. because Manolo just asked if his 3ds will connect to the US Shop when he is in Europe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it