Access Nintendo Zone anywhere using Smartphone Hotspot

Right, it's really simple

1) Get your Smartphone, make sure it supports Wifi portable hotspot and that you have a (preferably) unlimited 3G/4G data plan or enough data on PAYG.

If you can't find hotspot settings, try toggling it on with this https://play.google....t.hotspot&hl=en if you've got an Android

2) In your portable hotspot settings, find the SSID and change accordingly
IF NA REGION 3DS= attwifi
IF EU REGION (UK/GB) 3DS= _The Cloud

IF EU REGION (ANYWHERE ELSE) 3DS= NintendoSpotPass1
IF JP REGION 3DS= wifine

(Advanced Tip: If you like being choosy, here's a list of all hotspot SSIDs to pick from)

3) Turn on your hotspot (On your Smartphone)

4) Close your 3DS and toggle the wireless switch on-off

3dsSwitch.jpg

5) The Nintendo Zone Viewer should appear on your home menu and you should be able to play stuff

P.S- I use an Android phone with CyanogenMod so help is limited on other smart platforms
N.B- 3DS supports only INFRASTRUCTURE mode wifi connections, not AD-HOC. Check if your phone tether supports infrastructure connectivity before attempting this.

Reactions: Margen67

jadelabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think it is discontinued, here in Spain we will be receiving the pokes from the 20th year event from Nintendo Zone in Game Shops https://blog.game.es/consigue-a-mew-solo-en-nintendo-zone-de-game/ (Transalted: Get Mew only in GAME's Nintendo Zone) But im having troblue getting the Nintendo Zone to work, tried a lot of SSID already getting 0 luck, i guess they changed the way it works in a update or just changed the ssid list. Anyone knows something?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I dont think it is discontinued, here in Spain we will be receiving the pokes from the 20th year event from Nintendo Zone in Game Shops https://blog.game.es/consigue-a-mew-solo-en-nintendo-zone-de-game/ (Transalted: Get Mew only in GAME's Nintendo Zone) But im having troblue getting the Nintendo Zone to work, tried a lot of SSID already getting 0 luck, i guess they changed the way it works in a update or just changed the ssid list. Anyone knows something?
I'm pretty sure you can't actually use the Nintendo Zone. You can download any event pokemon, for example, but the actual N Zone app will throw an error.

jadelabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure you can't actually use the Nintendo Zone. You can download any event pokemon, for example, but the actual N Zone app will throw an error.

Code:
2-Entrar en la aplicación de Nintendo Zone, ahí se proporcionará un código que el jugador deberá de apuntar.

Translated: 
2-Go into the Nintendo Zone app, there is provided a code that the player must write down

I never used the Nintendo Zone nor know how does it work, but by what Game is saying, i understand that you should be using the app to get the code, hence it should work

A little offtopic question, anyone knows if can i just sit near the shop and use the Nintendo Zone to get the code, or should i lend my 3ds to someone in the staff?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Code:
2-Entrar en la aplicación de Nintendo Zone, ahí se proporcionará un código que el jugador deberá de apuntar.

Translated:
2-Go into the Nintendo Zone app, there is provided a code that the player must write down

I never used the Nintendo Zone nor know how does it work, but by what Game is saying, i understand that you should be using the app to get the code, hence it should work

A little offtopic question, anyone knows if can i just sit near the shop and use the Nintendo Zone to get the code, or should i lend my 3ds to someone in the staff?
oh, I see. I assumed it was like Hoopa.

Well, just sit near the shop, if it works like that.

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a "new" way to spoof the nintendo zone?
I have tried PiPass, but it only lets me use streetpass over the internet. No luck getting connected to nintendo zone :(

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried PiPass, but it only lets me use streetpass over the internet. No luck getting connected to nintendo zone :(

i have a second router that i have in bridge mode to create a temporary nintendo zone when i need it. there is always that.

also, that is a big thread bump.

Last edited by Aletron9000,

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have a second router that i have in bridge mode to create a temporary nintendo zone when i need it. there is always that.

also, that is a big thread bump.
I tried doing it with a router aswell, but it doesn't let me user the Nintendo Zone app.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Holy necrobump.
Nintendo Zone was discontinued in the US, so if you're planning to get it working on a US system, have fun.
I want the monthly legendairy pokemons for ultra sun and moon for this year and I do not want to drive a lot to get to a Nintendo zone.
Which region are you in? The monthly Pokemon is not something that can be obtained over Nintendo Zone, regardless of your location, but I can at least tell you where to go.

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Holy necrobump.
Nintendo Zone was discontinued in the US, so if you're planning to get it working on a US system, have fun.

Which region are you in? The monthly Pokemon is not something that can be obtained over Nintendo Zone, regardless of your location, but I can at least tell you where to go.

I live in the Netherlands south east. The game mania are telling that you can come by their store and load it of the Nintendo zone app: https://www.gamemania.be/Articles/pokemon-dialga-en-palkia

This is the translation according to google translate:
How do you receive Palkia or Dialga?
Bring your Nintendo 3DS to a Game Mania store and follow the instructions below to download your Palkia or Dialga!

Visit your nearest Game Mania branch.
Make sure that the WIFI of the 3DS is switched on so that it connects to the NintendoZone.
Select the NintendoZone icon in the main menu of the 3DS.
Click on the link and receive your unique download code for Dialga or Palkia.
In-game activation:
Step 1. Start Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Moon.
Step 2. From the main menu go to Mystery Gift.
Step 3. Select RECEIVE GIFT and press YES.
Step 4. Choose GET WITH CODE and press YES again. Your 3DS now connects to the internet.
Step 5. Enter your unique code. The game will now start downloading.
Step 6. Start the game normally and talk to the 'mail deliverer'. This can be found in every Pokémon Center.
Step 7. Do not forget to save your game!
Note: Only one code can be received via NintendoZone per Nintendo 3DS device. As long as the stock lasts.

This promotion runs from February 2 to February 23, 2018.

This is basicaly what the one posted before me (4 years ago)

Last edited by jaysea,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I live in the Netherlands south east. The game mania are telling that you can come by their store and load it of the Nintendo zone app: https://www.gamemania.be/Articles/pokemon-dialga-en-palkia

This is the translation according to google translate:
How do you receive Palkia or Dialga?
Bring your Nintendo 3DS to a Game Mania store and follow the instructions below to download your Palkia or Dialga!

Visit your nearest Game Mania branch.
Make sure that the WIFI of the 3DS is switched on so that it connects to the NintendoZone.
Select the NintendoZone icon in the main menu of the 3DS.
Click on the link and receive your unique download code for Dialga or Palkia.
In-game activation:
Step 1. Start Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Moon.
Step 2. From the main menu go to Mystery Gift.
Step 3. Select RECEIVE GIFT and press YES.
Step 4. Choose GET WITH CODE and press YES again. Your 3DS now connects to the internet.
Step 5. Enter your unique code. The game will now start downloading.
Step 6. Start the game normally and talk to the 'mail deliverer'. This can be found in every Pokémon Center.
Step 7. Do not forget to save your game!
Note: Only one code can be received via NintendoZone per Nintendo 3DS device. As long as the stock lasts.

This promotion runs from February 2 to February 23, 2018.

This is basicaly what the one posted before me (4 years ago)
Obviously this went under the radar in the US, since I had never heard anything about these codes being distributed via Nintendo Zone, only that you had to go to GameStop in the US or GAME in the UK to get a code card. Anyways, you can try the methods listed in the OP, but I'd recommend you go to GameMania and get the code there.

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The OP way doesn't work anymore, so that is why I was asking for a new way.
Ah well, think I need to drive to one then 1 time a month :)

Thanks for helping me out.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I live in the Netherlands south east. The game mania are telling that you can come by their store and load it of the Nintendo zone app

I live in the Netherlands too, in North-Holland I wish there would be a game mania in our neighbourhood.. I have a Intertoys in town here and they sometimes have a code for a specal pokemon, I have to ask and then they are not so easy in giving the code.. It would be nice if we could use the Nintendo Zone in the Intertoys and get specials just like that..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Belangrijke informatie: de Nintendo Zone-dienst wordt in Europa op 28 maart 2018 stopgezet. Bedankt voor het gebruiken van de Nintendo Zone-dienst.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night