Misc Access AltWFC with Windows 7 (and WPA2 encryption)

TheArcadeStriker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
...I guess that the experienced here can see that my situation is pretty complicated. BTW I can't simply change the encryption method, so that is one thing discarded. EDIT: BTW I posted this LOOKING for help. So if you know something to make it work in W7 without hassle, please put it here.

I have a Win7 64bit laptop and a wireless internet CANTV router. I also have a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. So, the USB connector is NOT compatible with Windows 7 (Let alone a 64bit one), and as I can't change the WPA2 to WEP, my only chance would be to find a way to use the USB connector somehow. The options could be:

-Installing a XP virtual machine and running from it
I have tried that (In fact, I was currently doing so), and even with the machine working fine and installing the USB Connector drivers and stuff, it doesn't seem to work well for some reason (Gives error 52103 or 52003 most of the time), and setting up stuff as it seems to assign itself to "192.168.1.1" as the IP, and after trying to change that to "Auto", it seems to screw up or something (It doesn't work when I do, it doesn't when I don't), and after trying to reset the machine or close the utility, it refuses to come up again (Only by reinstalling the thing it does work again).

-Use the Wi-Fi USB Connector as a SOFT ACCESS POINT
I have seen how to make it as a wireless adapter (And it works for W7, currently it does serve like that in the host machine, but obviously I don't use it since it's a laptop), and there seems to exist something to make it as a Soft Access Point, but one has the necessary links/downloads broken, and another one (DigiFAIL) does require installing something that's NOT compatible with W7 anyways. If there is a way to do this in W7 and that it works (with working links and compatibility), let me know here.

-Install and Run Windows XP from a USB Drive
...I can only find stuff to make the INSTALLER run from the USB, and while Hiren's Boot CD Mini WXP did work, the setup asked for a rasapi32.dll file (W7's didn't work with it). I may try later since with having the ISO I can get the rasapi32.dll file from SP3, but I don't know if it would work too with the setup, let alone know if it would actually install and work without many hassle.

-Dual Boot XP in my computer
Probably my last option, and probably still less painful as I already set up before a dual boot with W8 (Which means I already have the 2nd partition), but I would leave it as a last option since probably about the network setup and stuff (And the drivers for my laptop, finding them and the deal about if they are compatible with XP) and to see if there was another way to make USB Connector work for me without having to resort to this.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by TheArcadeStriker,
Reactions: Ryccardo

auge

Trophies
XP
Country
you can install usb adapter drivers from win xp by just running as win xp in compatibility. If that doesn't work, simply host unprotected or wep protected internet on your phone.

Xeretinha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Had you patched OR generated/inserted the ActionReplay code to connect on AltWFC Servers (also)? I'v gone under the same trouble and was this what was I forgoting!

Note that you still needs to setup an open WEP AccessPoint (due phisical router or WinXP - virtualized/dual-booted - installation*) to connect, but taking care of the ROMs STILL necessary too!

*PS: after handling the ROM file (due AR code - I doesn't likes the patching way), at least here, the routing procedures under Win7 didn't worked, only with the virtualized WinXP enviroment - even using the own WiFiCard software (but it is a "generic" WiFi USB Card). Plus: I can't redirect this antenna to the guest system while virtualizing under Oracle VirtualBox, ONLY when virtualizing under MS VirtualPC(+WinXP Mode); but I really doesn't knows if is a VirtualBox weakness or just my own lack of knowledgement...

TheArcadeStriker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Had you patched OR generated/inserted the ActionReplay code to connect on AltWFC Servers (also)? I'v gone under the same trouble and was this what was I forgoting!

Note that you still needs to setup an open WEP AccessPoint (due phisical router or WinXP - virtualized/dual-booted - installation*) to connect, but taking care of the ROMs STILL necessary too!

*PS: after handling the ROM file (due AR code - I doesn't likes the patching way), at least here, the routing procedures under Win7 didn't worked, only with the virtualized WinXP enviroment - even using the own WiFiCard software (but it is a "generic" WiFi USB Card). Plus: I can't redirect this antenna to the guest system while virtualizing under Oracle VirtualBox, ONLY when virtualizing under MS VirtualPC(+WinXP Mode); but I really doesn't knows if is a VirtualBox weakness or just my own lack of knowledgement...

I already tried with a virtual machine (I forgot which one though), and I also know that it needs a WEP access point and about the need to patch the roms. But as I mentioned, even after patching the ROMs it gives the errors above when I used a WXP Virtual machine and a USB Wifi Connector, since I can't change the security of the network, and as I said it didn't really work using a WXP virtual machine with the USB Wifi connector because of the errors.

auge

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried hosting network by a phone? If you have this ability make a netwwork without password and you should be fine ;)

Xeretinha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I already tried with a virtual machine (I forgot which one though), and I also know that it needs a WEP access point and about the need to patch the roms. But as I mentioned, even after patching the ROMs it gives the errors above when I used a WXP Virtual machine and a USB Wifi Connector, since I can't change the security of the network, and as I said it didn't really work using a WXP virtual machine with the USB Wifi connector because of the errors.
So I only can advice to try generating an ActionReplay code, then editing the USRCHEAT.DAT/CHEAT.DAT file at your flashcart.
Check also the VM engine that are you using. I didn't tried VMWare Player here yet, but it seems reliable, while MS Virtual PC/WinXP mode, since being an own MS solution, phisically redirects USB devices (Oracle VirtualBox seems to does that redirection virtually only) and works like a charm.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning