Hacking Absolute best current Chip to use

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm still unsure what is the best chip for use now, and in the future(Updates, able to turn off)
I was thinking about Cyclowiz, Ziezotec will install Cyclowiz + Switch for 80Euro not cheap but i can't do it by my self and there an good company as they give one year guarantee(Had my PS2 chipped there didn't work got a new PS2 with chip)
But is this really the best chip, i just think its great because you can even install WiiFree on it and because of this:
http://cyclopswiz.com/comp2.htm

I can't find any topics about this, though I'm sure they are there but probably out of date to because Cyclowiz updates

Btw. i have a PAL wii

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think wiikey is the best, this is because of the automatic video selection for ntsc gamecube games.

i dont think any other chip has that feature.

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think wiikey is the best, this is because of the automatic video selection for ntsc gamecube games.

I don't want Cube games, maybe Animal Crossing..
But for the rest i will only need Wii games
And i have heard so much bad things about wiikey i wouldn't ever want it in fact i have one laying around my desk which i removed from my wii(loosed three solder legs
frown.gif
)

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiikey AND cylcowiz are the best commerical chips at the moment, you may want to look at an opensource solution, though i'm not familiar with what is best from that area.

the only negative about the cyclowiz is that you have to install a switch in order to enable updates, whereas the wiikey does it without. Cyclowiz team were faster than Wiikey with the SMG update, but by the end of the week almost every chip had an update.

d2c chips work on d2c boards, obviously, so wiikey, cyclowiz and the opensource solutions will not be valid for the d2c board.

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wiikey AND cylcowiz are the best commerical chips at the moment, you may want to look at an opensource solution, though i'm not familiar with what is best from that area.

the only negative about the cyclowiz is that you have to install a switch in order to enable updates, whereas the wiikey does it without. Cyclowiz team were faster than Wiikey with the SMG update, but by the end of the week almost every chip had an update.

d2c chips work on d2c boards, obviously, so wiikey, cyclowiz and the opensource solutions will not be valid for the d2c board.
Actually Cyclowiz supports open source firmwares
And the switch is a plus because Nintendo won't be able to overwrite Cylcowiz firmware
Also wiikey can't be turned off, and cyclowiz has an forum
biggrin.gif

Tough i never wanted wiikey i thought there may where other great chips around i didn't knew about so i thought i could ask

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking for a chip as well now that the SSB delay has been anounced for us in Europe. Which chip has the best region unlocking capabilities?

Thanks in advance and sorry for hijacking the thread a little, P
smile.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm looking for a chip as well now that the SSB delay has been anounced for us in Europe. Which chip has the best region unlocking capabilities?

Thanks in advance and sorry for hijacking the thread a little, P
smile.gif
you've GOT TO BE KDDING
tongue.gif

everyone please stop these silly threads n search for yourselves! the gbatemp wiki for example.
(all chips have exactly the same region unlocking blah)

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif

Someone needs to make a "wii modding faq" or something to clear all this up for ppl new to the scene.

edit: I know a good wii modding faq site but it may have links to wii iso's =/ but you're allowed to post the name of the faq w/o a direct link, right? The name of the faq is 'mod ya wii'

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
laugh.gif

Someone needs to make a "wii modding faq" or something to clear all this up for ppl new to the scene.

edit: I know a good wii modding faq site but it may have links to wii iso's =/ but you're allowed to post the name of the faq w/o a direct link, right? The name of the faq is 'mod ya wii'
Could you otherwise PM it to me
Not for the ISO's because i pay for usenet
tongue.gif

But for the faq

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

But WiiKey has long update times...

- Sam

Agreed but it does what I intended it to do in the first place: play games. It is a good chip, but beware of long times between firmware updates. Although they were pretty quick in getting a fix out there for SMG.

Edit: Also people here need to be more patient with n00bs to this stuff. Sure they can search but want an answer that is more current as if they search a past thread they may find old info or info no longer relevant to the question they are asking. Believe you me, I bought my Wii from my hard earned cash and getting something like this done is nerve wracking shit especially if you don't have the monies to buy another! Everyone has to start somewhere and if they want to get info from some of the most knowledgeable peeps in the scene then I'm fine with that.

- Fitzy

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
lulz

Just one thing for Pedro UK.
First USE the search button, also if you have a PAL Wii you might as well just guess if NTSC-J or NTSC-U works on PAL.
OR BUY A FRICKING NTSC-J/U CONSOLE and BUY THE GAME.

Nintendo wont even care if everyone would come and say "Nintendo's delaying the game SO we are all gonna modchip our consoles to show our anger!"
As if that would STOP the delay. gawd...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free