SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I read that some of the greatest developers at gbatemp dislike the situation in the 3ds homebrew & emulators section. The "real" threads go down to second page in less than one hour. And there are 100s of threads about downgrading, cfw, hacks etc. Most of those stuff should really be in the cfw & flashcart section imo.

Personally I want to read about new homebrew and/or emulators in that forum. And I dont want to browse through 100+ of cfw threads.

What can be done with this problem? Or should something be done with all those"spam" threads?

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solutions are four:

1. "Good" solution: New subforum for general help.
  2. "Racial" solution: Threads can be opened only by users in a particular usergroup (Developers) instantly and normal users must wait an approvation by moderators.
  3. "Bye-bye devs" solution: Rename the "Homebrew Development & Emulators" section in "General Help" section so devs can finally move to wololo.net for their releases.
  4. "Braindead" solution: Don't do anything.

I personally think both solution #1 and #2 are pretty good solutions.
Something tells me they're gonna go with 4...

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Something tells me they're gonna go with 4...

You're absolutely correct since they don't give a fuck about how much forum is clean and readable (since this problem has been reported months ago and they never gave a fuck). They only give a fuck about how much views they get so they can increase ads earnings and having idiots shitposting in wrong threads generate ads views :D

Just go watching the first page of Homebrew Development section COMPLETELY full of shitthreads, nice job staff ;)

EDIT: Bye bye GBAtemp http://gbatemp.net/threads/easyrpg-3ds-rpg-maker-2000-2003-player-for-3ds.419889/page-7#post-6221658

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't let the door hit you.
Also on full of noise then I am not seeing a massive cleanup happen so it was some combination of the following as you posted that
homebrew_forum_snapshot.jpg
Click to enlarge (no sense making everybody download a 1 meg image).

Not the best signal to noise ratio but pretty on point as far as these things go.

Similarly if you think this place is about views and ads then... well yeah we have to pay for the cocaine somehow.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I'm just curious how the staff could get the homebrew section so totally out of control?

And Rinnegatamante is one of the best and most important developers at gbatemp. So it would be a huge loss if he leaves. Sadly, the staff don't seems to care or take notice about that :/

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I'm just curious how the staff could get the homebrew section so totally out of control?

And Rinnegatamante is one of the best and most important developers at gbatemp. So it would be a huge loss if he leaves. Sadly, the staff don't seems to care or take notice about that :/
It happened really fast. It seemed like an hour after the first april fools thread there was 15 of them. One unfunny sheep after another.

Reactions: nxwing and pbanj

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because the span of what the section covers is too wide. As there is no ´Noobs, Get help here´ thread and a rule that forces users to post in those threads if they´ve got issues with their homebrew, everyone just creates a thread when they have issues.

Therefore here's my two cents:
  • Create a "Beginner support" thread to help new users.
  • Add to the rules of the Homebrew and Development section that beginner questions (how to downgrade, how to work with browserhax) must be posted in the "Beginner support thread".
These are at least the rules on /r/3dshacks, and it seems to work there.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that the only real viable solution is, as has been mentioned already, to instigate a no thread creation until X number of posts policy. Noobs will just keep flooding in and will of course shitpost without reading anything, regardless of how prominent or visible the messages advising against what they're doing is.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think that the only real viable solution is, as has been mentioned already, to instigate a no thread creation until X number of posts policy. Noobs will just keep flooding in and will of course shitpost without reading anything, regardless of how prominent or visible the messages advising against what they're doing is.
A no thread creation might also deter those that need genuine help with their device.

A (stickied) support thread or help section + the rule to force posting in that section/thread is more useful than preventing them from getting their requested support. (Also, noobs will start shitposting in threads to get around the limit.)

Reactions: SLiV3R

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They won't mod a post of user until they have so many posts. I already asked on the site discussions. They said it will add more work which is true and I wouldn't want them to work harder. (Though it would nice). Maybe adding the 3ds ask section as a sub forum for the main 3ds forum will help. Also the part of modding post is pointless since you know if it was just a question then why would a mod disapprove it? It would mean the guy/girl never gets their question answered

Last edited by xtheman,
Reactions: Ev1l0rd

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It happened really fast. It seemed like an hour after the first april fools thread there was 15 of them. One unfunny sheep after another.
The problem with the 1st of April is that you have to let people have their "fun" and then you get to clean everything up afterwards. There is little to no point to deal with these posts today as people will just get upset.

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that some of the greatest developers at gbatemp dislike the situation in the 3ds homebrew & emulators section. The "real" threads go down to second page in less than one hour. And there are 100s of threads about downgrading, cfw, hacks etc. Most of those stuff should really be in the cfw & flashcart section imo.

Personally I want to read about new homebrew and/or emulators in that forum. And I dont want to browse through 100+ of cfw threads.

What can be done with this problem? Or should something be done with all those"spam" threads?
I agree with you and sadly I was apart of this same problem by being the cause........so I am just going to try sticking to 1 thread instead of making hundreds of shitposts to ask things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.