Anas al Orfi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
hi
I have Wii U 5.5.1 we install all file (Nintendont)to play game cube game in my Wii U when we start game for GC it start but it suddenly freezes and we recive this massage (an error has occurred turn the power off and check the nintendo gamecube) some games it work ok but 80% game same problem how we can solve this problem

Regard

Last edited by Anas al Orfi,

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using usb, you probably don't have enough power for your hdd. The wiiu usb ports are way underpowered and you need a y cable for most hdds.

Another issue could be that your hdd is going to sleep.

Reactions: Doctor_U

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi
I have Wii U 5.5.1 we install all file (Nindont)to play game cube game in my Wii U when we start game for GC it start but it suddenly freezes and we recive this massage (an error has occurred turn the power off and check the nintendo gamecube) some games it work ok but 80% game same problem how we can solve this problem

Regard

Sorry, but there is no such thing as Nindont. That's your problem. You should be using Nintendont. :rofl2:

Reactions: sideskroll

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank u

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

USB from back side
the usb ports on the wiiu are really underpowered. In order to properly power your hdd you will need a y cable like this.
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com...F8&qid=1484958159&sr=8-4&keywords=y+cable+usb

Try disabling sleep mode as outlined here.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/wii-u/How_to_Disable_a_Removable_HDD's_Sleep_Mode
Here's a handy tip: In the System Settings go to "Data Management". Once there do not click on the on-screen buttons but instead hold down on the GamePad's D-Pad and the "+" and "-" buttons for a couple of seconds. A hidden option will show up and you can disable or re-enable the Sleep Mode on the connected HDD. You can do this even if you don't have a removable HDD plugged in the Wii U.

Reactions: Doctor_U

Doctor_U

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: x65943

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why people like using big and bulky external harddrives that have sleep and power consumption problems, when a large-capacity USB stick that's stubby would work so much better. Make sure to get a 128GB or 256GB USB, and you're good to go! Me personally, I use a nano USB microSD card reader. Doesn't stick out any further than any nano mouse transceiver, so it won't snap off, and never needs removed. Also, just like with the regular Wii, I've found it best to use the USB port closest to the bottom of the console on the back.

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: invaderyoyo

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Side note: Just noticed OP's libyan flag is out of date. It's still got the pre-us coup design.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
hi
I have Wii U 5.5.1 we install all file (Nintendont)to play game cube game in my Wii U when we start game for GC it start but it suddenly freezes and we recive this massage (an error has occurred turn the power off and check the nintendo gamecube) some games it work ok but 80% game same problem how we can solve this problem

Regard
I wish I would receive a MASSAGE when I try to launch GCN games :D
Lucky bastard....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1