Hacking about charging the DS

Gimmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
when the battary is fully charged (the orange led turns out) do I have to unplugged the DS from the recharger or it can stay connected with no problems of harm done?

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think there is any harm done in leaving it in after it's done charging.
I bet there's this automatic thing inside the DS that makes sure it stops charging when it's full.

You can test this by charging ur DS fully, unplug the DS, turn it on for 5 seconds, then see if it charges again.

But I'm sure someone else will give his idea about this that might actually be based on facts.

Good Luck,

Q~

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Interesting. I was also wondering just that.
Also, if anyone knows a place when I can find charts or facts about the battery life when using various flashcarts, that would be much appreciated. I don't feel like leaving my DS on for hours just to count the timeit's got if someone else already did.

chaka_kahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hitto, I do remember a post that somebody made a month or so ago that had exactly the information you are looking for. It gave a list of all of the carts and how much power they drain and for how long the battery will last and a whole bunch more info that you may find interesting. But unfortunately I do not recall where on the site i saw it. My best advice is try Google, or maybe somebody will post a link. Good luck!

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But I'm sure someone else will give his idea about this that might actually be based on facts.
When the PSU is plugged into the DS, there is ample power there to fully power the DS as well as provide a bit extra to the charge circuits if the battery needs charging. If the light goes out, and the cord is still plugged in - its being powered by the cord wrather than the battery (so essentially there should be 0 draw from the battery).

I wouldn't leave the DS plugged in on the shelf for weeks or months though, simply because I am not sure how it would handle a time depleted battery.

dodgybarnet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dodgybarnet.com
XP
Country
On that note, anyone know of a homebrew app to check the battery level?

Yeah I know you can use the built in version in the DS main startup, but it only has, what, 4 bars - hardly detailed! I could really do with a % meter or something. I realise that this will be at best a estimate, but better than the standard levels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended