Hacking [A9LH]Well, I sorta dun goofed.. sorta

NiggomBiggom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey hey, i have a 3ds with a9lh installed and well, essentially my sd card slot broke. it no longer reads sd cards, and i was on v1 a9lh, so i can't turn on my 3ds anymore.

is there anything i can do at all? i'm pretty sure i'm SOL...

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
hey hey, i have a 3ds with a9lh installed and well, essentially my sd card slot broke. it no longer reads sd cards, and i was on v1 a9lh, so i can't turn on my 3ds anymore.

If you have a 9.2 backup, you're still in luck!
You can send it to Nintendo and they'll fix it for you.
Then you can contact a hardmodder here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/
And he'll restore that 9.2 backup for you and you can restart the a9lh install .
Next time use shadow and ;)

NiggomBiggom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NiggomBiggom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can always ask for a hardmodder to first flash that backup so it would at least turn on again, but Nintendo is going to update your 3ds to 11.0, so you'll have to recurr to a hardmodder a second time :(
but would a hardmod even work without a working sd slot? isn't that apart of the process?

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's not, you're fine. Send it to nintendo for them to fix, if they hate it they'll send it back without fixing it.. Then do the hardmod stuff, it has nothing to do with the sd card

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
okay then, but say i do get it hardmodded... can i send it to nintendo afterward? probably not, right?

i really don't know what can be done at this point

Yes, you just have to do a temporary hardmod, send to nintendo and do a hardmod again (now with the choice of being permanent or temporary again)

Ironknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Or you try to fix dat shit yourself. I believe it is just a ribbon cable without solder, but im not sure. But the good news is, you cant break whats already broken!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Or you try to fix dat shit yourself. I believe it is just a ribbon cable without solder, but im not sure. But the good news is, you cant break whats already broken!
well if its a o3ds/n3ds/n3ds XL then yeah its easily replaceable, for a o3ds xl and 2DS it would require soldering

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse