Hacking A9LH Questions (Gateway Related Also)

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 questions about A9LH:

- This may sound stupid, but can Gateway cheats be used in Gateway Mode?

- For future/upcoming games, I only use Luma Updater? I don't update in SysNAND through N3DS System Settings Menu?

Thoughts/help appreciated :)

angelus kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have 2 questions about A9LH:

- This may sound stupid, but can Gateway cheats be used in Gateway Mode?

- For future/upcoming games, I only use Luma Updater? I don't update in SysNAND through N3DS System Settings Menu?

Thoughts/help appreciated :)

yes you can use cheats in gw mode for roms and cias and what guide you followed? plailect"s guide?

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Luma Updater is meant to only update Luma3DS itself, not games. (You can use eShop) (You probably don't want to use it (Luma Updater) anyways. Right now, the newest dev/stable build releases are messed up)

No need to update through System Settings Menu (unless there is a new fw update) or you don't have the newest fw (I'm assuming you do :P)

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma Updater is meant to only update Luma3DS itself, not games. (You can use eShop) (You probably don't want to use it (Luma Updater) anyways. Right now, the newest dev/stable build releases are messed up)

No need to update through System Settings Menu (unless there is a new fw update) or you don't have the newest fw (I'm assuming you do :P)

What if I already did Luma Update? I didn't choose the dev build though. How should I go about updating system fw if a newer one is released?

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I already did Luma Update? I didn't choose the dev build though. How should I go about updating system fw if a newer one is released?

If you already did use it and your 3DS still boots properly into the Home Menu, don't use it for now. IF there was a new system update, check GBATemp to see if tempers/devs confirm that it's safe to update and just normally do it from the System Settings.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already did use it and your 3DS still boots properly into the Home Menu, don't use it for now. IF there was a new system update, check GBATemp to see if tempers/devs confirm that it's safe to update and just normally do it from the System Settings.

N3DS still boots properly into home menu... is that bad?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's great lol. When I said "don't use it for now" I was referring to Luma Updater (re-read it twice and could confuse someone so let's clean that up :))

I just tried to open Luma Update to see which version of Luma I have installed. It came up with an error message saying an error has occured and system will restart. Is that bad? Could Luma Updater have crashed because wireless was disabled?

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to open Luma Update to see which version of Luma I have installed. It came up with an error message saying an error has occured and system will restart. Is that bad? Could Luma Updater have crashed because wireless was disabled?

That just happens if the wifi is not enabled or you're not connected to the internet, it's the usual, no worries (: Just don't mess around with it and download the messed up releases by accident.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That just happens if the wifi is not enabled or you're not connected to the internet, it's the usual, no worries (: Just don't mess around with it and download the messed up releases by accident.

Ok thanks :)

Side Question: I have 2 FBI CIAs installed on my N3DS; 1 on my Home Menu, other in a folder named CIAs on home menu... Is there a way to delete one of them (Preferably the one in the CIA folder on Home Menu)?

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks :)

Side Question: I have 2 FBI CIAs installed on my N3DS; 1 on my Home Menu, other in a folder named CIAs on home menu... Is there a way to delete one of them (Preferably the one in the CIA folder on Home Menu)?

I'm guessing one of the FBI's were injected into the H&S app? I would recommend using FBI (the one not injected into H&S) and delete that from the titles option.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing one of the FBI's were injected into the H&S app? I would recommend using FBI (the one not injected into H&S) and delete that from the titles option.

How do I know which one to delete? I followed the A9LH guide and neither FBI CIA is injected into H&S app. After installing FBI.cia through H&S injection, I restored the H&S app back to normal...

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I know which one to delete? I followed the A9LH guide and neither FBI CIA is injected into H&S app. After installing FBI.cia through H&S injection, I restored the H&S app back to normal...

You restored H&S and still have another copy of FBI? Lol ,-, derp. That would mean they both have different Title ID's then if you have 2 copies of them (which is super weird since you said you restored your H&S) Wanna send me a screenshot of your titles list? (all of it)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Next one you have a question, please read the guide to see if it's answered there before making a new thread ...

You can now use Luma3DS Updater to update your Luma3DS to the latest version just by opening it and pressing (A). (This is not the same thing as a System Update; it just downloads and extracts the newest Luma3DS files)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good