XP
Country
Norway

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No CFW is able to boot a 2.1 FW and homebrew isn't going to work either on 2.1.
I've always been curious about that by the way: Is it that nobody's cared to develop a 2.1 CFW or is it because we're lacking private knowledge to do so? In any case, OTPHelper does a One-Click Setup which verifies the validity of the 2.1 downgrade, which is also covered in the guide.

Update to 4.x with a game cart then you can launch CFW using the DS Profile Exploit (DS flashcart needed)
Once you've gotten that far you'll be able to use rxTools Dev Mode/Pasta Mode to update your 3DS to 9.2.
While that will definitely work, isn't it safe to perform a System Settings update from 2.1 on O3DS?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've always been curious about that by the way: Is it that nobody's cared to develop a 2.1 CFW or is it because we're lacking private knowledge to do so? In any case, OTPHelper does a One-Click Setup which verifies the validity of the 2.1 downgrade, which is also covered in the guide.

While that will definitely work, isn't it safe to perform a System Settings update from 2.1 on O3DS?
Updating from System Settings will work but then he'd need to use ninjhax or oothax to downgrade. I also don't suggest updating to a firmware above 4.x from a game cart because that old of a browser version won't be browserhax compatible and likely won't be compatible with rxTools (for updating in Pasta Mode) either.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating from System Settings will work but then he'd need to use ninjhax or oothax to downgrade. I also don't suggest updating to a firmware above 4.x from a game cart because that old of a browser version won't be browserhax compatible and likely won't be compatible with rxTools (for updating in Pasta Mode) either.
I see now, thank you for the clarification!

Stoned

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay.
When i Start New Super Mario Bros 2 and Try to Update, he say me a Failure Appears reboot your Console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."