Homebrew A9LH Luma3DS Cheating Solution?

atlboyz_247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fully appreciate the features that Luma3DS currently supports, and I hope that in the future that the organization of the 3DS homebrew apps and cfw will be as organized as they were in the Wii/PSP/PS3 scenes (lists, features offered, and such) and become fully fleshed out as more time passes.

As of right now, I'm trying to find a full solution to the Gateway 3DS transition to A9LH Luma3DS with all/most of the aforementioned features that Gateway offers (.CIA/.3DS support, EmuNand, Cheats, In Game Menu, Downgrading, signature patches, etc.). Not that CFWs or Homebrew apps today don't accomplish these tasks...I'd just like a fresh transition.

As far as I know, the most feature packed solution in the scene currently rests with using A9LH (master race) + Luma3DS + NTR. All of the features of these previously stated system hacks + homebrew apps are currently widely available in tutorials (except NTR...not incorporated into some guides because it's more of an optional choice I believe?) and can accomplish most every reasonable function a typical person would like (and that I would like in my transition over from Gateway) except Cheats and an In-Game Menu for cheats (.3DS support doesn't matter at all since it's proprietary to Gateway 3DS and other flashcarts, and online patching would be too tedious by today's standards).

I understand that NTR can run cheats and has an in-game menu, but I think it's safe to say that the level of its cheat system is lacking compared to the Gateway system.

I stumbled upon an application for NTR recently that I can't comment too much on due to little research on the homebrew application and how to use it, but a fellow redditor (valarnin) has further developed the NTR Cheat Tool called NTR Remote Debugger. As I only quickly read the page, it seems like it is a Cheat Engine type tool for 3DS with AR3DS support and possibly Gateshark support (further reading states something of the sort). Anyone seen the tool before or used it before to comment?

TL: DR I'm trying to get all the functions from Gateway on my A9LH Luma3DS + NTR setup, and I stumbled upon a tool by valarnin called NTR Remote Debugger that may accomplish that. Any comments?

Last edited by atlboyz_247,

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Luma3ds doesn't have cheat code support, the NTR CFW is here for that

And you can't use the Gateway cheat app without the card

atlboyz_247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma3ds doesn't have cheat code support, the NTR CFW is here for that

And you can't use the Gateway cheat app without the card

I understand that much. I was curious on a better cheating solution that is equivalent or better than Gateway's solution as the Gateway card cannot be used in a simple way after the A9LH installation.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
there is no solution that equals gw's cheat support - it's very very cool!
real time search, saving, very useful and powerful.
it would be nice if ntr had something like it, but i have gw anyway and now thanks to @liomajor we can easily use gw with our a9lh set up :)

atlboyz_247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the guide and am considering it, but it seems like backwards progress if we must adhere to a flashcart and emuNAND for cheat support.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw the guide and am considering it, but it seems like backwards progress if we must adhere to a flashcart and emuNAND for cheat support.
I mean, the scene isn't closed to specific people, you're more than welcome to come up with an alternative to NTR that's as feature-rich as the GW cheat menu :)

atlboyz_247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly! Which is why I'm curious if this tool accomplishes a temporary alternative until Cheat support (which may or may not be developed into Luma) is incorporated into Luma or a plugin is created outside of NTR.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
you don't need emunand. plus - the cheats are stored on the gw flash card, so actually it's excellent for making cheats because you can play a digital game installed to the sd card, and search for cheats, take out the gw card, make a code on the pc, put the gw card back in and enable the cheat, all whilst the game is still running :)

but - ntr is more powerful because they are not simply 'ar codes', they are written in c and can be very powerful, give button input to the game, do calculations etc, which gw does not support.

Last edited by cearp,

atlboyz_247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that NTR doesn't allow for online cheating.
Ah. Very true. I forgot that until you mentioned it. At least there aren't too many online games for the 3DS anyways for this to apply to a larger niche crowd, but for games like Fire Emblem Fates/Awakening there is always the option to cheat first -> use the modded values online later.

you don't need emunand. plus - the cheats are stored on the gw flash card, so actually it's excellent for making cheats because you can play a digital game installed to the sd card, and search for cheats, take out the gw card, make a code on the pc, put the gw card back in and enable the cheat, all whilst the game is still running :)

Wait...so the guide you mentioned before supports GW on A9LH sysNAND on 11.0.0?

Reactions: SomeGamer

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly! Which is why I'm curious if this tool accomplishes a temporary alternative until Cheat support (which may or may not be developed into Luma) is incorporated into Luma or a plugin is created outside of NTR.
Unlikely. NTR Remote Debugger is just a PC application that allows connecting to NTR's built in debugger (Going based on the code on GitHub). While NTR is useful, it's closed source, and the developer has (apparently) stopped working on it, so it's not much help in the long term. Any cheat engines with in-game UI's or whatever will need to be written from scratch by someone with the skills, motivation, and time to do it.

Reactions: atlboyz_247

atlboyz_247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry about that. I don't post in the forums very often, I mostly just follow them. Didn't realize that there was a separate section for this. If a mod could possibly push the topic to the right section?

Unlikely. NTR Remote Debugger is just a PC application that allows connecting to NTR's built in debugger (Going based on the code on GitHub). While NTR is useful, it's closed source, and the developer has (apparently) stopped working on it, so it's not much help in the long term. Any cheat engines with in-game UI's or whatever will need to be written from scratch by someone with the skills, motivation, and time to do it.
BUT NTR Remote Debugger allows for online cheating, just cheat.plg files don't.

So are you two suggesting that this solution allows AR3DS codes (and possibly GateShark style codes) and the other features mentioned while using a computer to push codes at any given point of time like the Gateway sort of does?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry about that. I don't post in the forums very often, I mostly just follow them. Didn't realize that there was a separate section for this.

So are you two suggesting that this solution allows AR3DS codes (and possibly GateShark style codes) and the other features mentioned while using a computer to push codes at any given point of time like the Gateway sort of does?
I'd say yes, though never personally tried it.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry about that. I don't post in the forums very often, I mostly just follow them. Didn't realize that there was a separate section for this. If a mod could possibly push the topic to the right section?

Never used it myself, but that's what the GitHub README seems to imply

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary