DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
So I'm going over the guide to installing A9LH on my n3DS XL that I got today, and I guess it's installed now with where I'm at in the guide, but I'm at the end of Section III (https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax), and I get this error after changing settings in Luma3DS and hitting START to save them....

An error has occured:
Failed to mount CTRNAND.
Press any button to shutdown

There is nothing regarding this in the guide, so should I continue anyways? Section IV is about where I would restore my 9.2.0 NAND, and I'm just assuming that being on 2.1.0 at this point is what's causing the issue.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm going over the guide to installing A9LH on my n3DS XL that I got today, and I guess it's installed now with where I'm at in the guide, but I'm at the end of Section III (https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax), and I get this error after changing settings in Luma3DS and hitting START to save them....

An error has occured:
Failed to mount CTRNAND.
Press any button to shutdown

There is nothing regarding this in the guide, so should I continue anyways? Section IV is about where I would restore my 9.2.0 NAND, and I'm just assuming that being on 2.1.0 at this point is what's causing the issue.
It's Luma trying to save its settings after changing them. It sounds like it's using the SDless payload, which saves the settings on CTRNAND. If it can't mount the CTRNAND partition, it can't save the settings, so will error. As long as you can proceed past the error as normal I am inclined to say that it doesn't matter, as you'll be restoring the NAND anyway at this point.

D

Deleted User

Who knows.Check Luma again to see if it saved the settings by holding select on boot and pressing save.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
As long as you can boot the necessary A9LH payloads to restore the NAND to 9.2, it should be fine. The worst case scenario I can see here is that after restoring, if Luma didn't save your settings you might have to set them again after the NAND restore. If you get a black screen after doing the NAND restore, it might be that Luma did forget its settings and is trying to boot emunand, so just hold SELECT on boot and check the settings are correct if this happens.

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I can get into Luma fine (and Hourglass9 for that matter), but if I try saving Luma settings (which would then exit it), or if I do a cold boot, it brings up that CTRNAND error. Onto the next step then I guess.

Thanks you two.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good. Did the 9.2.0 restore, and now it boots up fine. I was getting scared there.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I can get into Luma fine (and Hourglass9 for that matter), but if I try saving Luma settings (which would then exit it), or if I do a cold boot, it brings up that CTRNAND error. Onto the next step then I guess.

Thanks you two.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good. Did the 9.2.0 restore, and now it boots up fine. I was getting scared there.
Great, glad it worked out :) I was fairly certain it wouldn't be a problem, so I'm glad it completed fine :D

To be honest though, even if it went horribly wrong, you had a NAND dump at that point so the worst case scenario would be a hardmod :)

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm doing the guide now and got the same error. This guy changes the guide so fucking much that things get screwed up like this and steps are left out. Everytime he changes it something gets messed up.

DonJav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm doing the guide now and got the same error. This guy changes the guide so fucking much that things get screwed up like this and steps are left out. Everytime he changes it something gets messed up.
Yep, same just happened to me, I restored my 9.2 NAND and it works fine now.

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, same just happened to me, I restored my 9.2 NAND and it works fine now.

I just finished the guide, it wouldn't let me do the part where you start luma without the SD card in, it wouldn't turn on. Works fine with the SD card in. The part that makes it work without the SD card must have been removed from the guide or something.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If there is a problem, raise it as an issue on github. If you don't tell him he won't know.

Reactions: IronClouds

snarp94

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody !
I have a similar but bigger problem : i followed the guide and everything was going great until i get to the part restoring the system :
when i push select on power i do get to Luma3ds (v6.6) but when i push start (or any other button) on power, i have an error message : failed to mount CTRNAND.
What must i do ? thanks for your help !

DonJav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody !
I have a similar but bigger problem : i followed the guide and everything was going great until i get to the part restoring the system :
when i push select on power i do get to Luma3ds (v6.6) but when i push start (or any other button) on power, i have an error message : failed to mount CTRNAND.
What must i do ? thanks for your help !
Hi, it's the same issue, restore your 9.2 NAND back-up via hourglass and you should be good to go.

ReadingRainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I know this was quite the mistake, but apparently I don't have the 9.2 NAND back-up(it's a partial file as if it never fully downloaded). Now every time I boot I get the error and cannot get around this error. Is there any possible thing I can do?

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
should've made a 9.2 nand backup, i encountered the same error earlier as i recently upgraded to a new3DSXL just a few hours ago, never had issues before with O3DS, 2DS and 2X N3DS.. all i did was restore the 9.2nand while keeping a9lh and that solved the issue..just try to retrace everything you did, there might be some files missing..hope you could fix it..

ReadingRainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should've made a 9.2 nand backup, i encountered the same error earlier as i recently upgraded to a new3DSXL just a few hours ago, never had issues before with O3DS, 2DS and 2X N3DS.. all i did was restore the 9.2nand while keeping a9lh and that solved the issue..just try to retrace everything you did, there might be some files missing..hope you could fix it..
I do have a backup from the dgTool, but I doubt I could use that in Hourglass9, correct?

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I do have a backup from the dgTool, but I doubt I could use that in Hourglass9, correct?

yeah u could use that.. i used decrypt9 instead of hourglass9 and i chose the "keep a9lh" option when restoring.. worse case that could happen is you downgrading again to 2.1 from 9.2 and you could do the steps again..

edit: just add the decrypt9WIP.bin to luma payloads folder and rename to x_decrypt9WIP.bin, hold x upon booting your console and restore sysnand then choose the "keep a9lh" option.. what i did after that was continue with FBI injection , installation of FBI cia etc etc til i installed Luma updater and opened then updated Luma.. i then rebooted and hold "Select" and this time you can save your Luma config without any issues..

Last edited by owek1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche