Homebrew A9LH capabilities and features (what is it and what can it do)

Lynn:-)

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm about to get my O3DS back from having it hard modded (courtesy of one of the guy's of GBA Temp...thank you so much). Up until a few days ago all I done was use a flashcart to play ds roms, however, I would really like to play GBA games and everything else I can. I have been searching around for a few days now trying to get information what actually A9LH does. As a n00b to the whole modding and hacks etc I am so confused. Everything I have looked at is talking about emunand and sysnand and all sorts of stuff that I don't understand and can't find the information that I clearly need. I was wondering if you good people can help or if there is anything on here that is a 1 stop shop so to speak on all of the information needed for a total n00b like me?

Last edited by Lynn:-),

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A9LH is an exploit in the 3DS that allows custom code to be executed milliseconds after turning on your 3DS. That basically means you can run many things before the 3DS operating system even boots, such as Custom Firmware launchers (Luma3DS, ReiNand, CakesFW, etc.) or tools (Decrypt9WIP, Hourglass9, etc.).
That means that you can, for example, boot into the 3DS operating system with patches that allow for game/dlc/homebrew installation. Or, you can choose to boot into a recovery tool (Decrypt9, Hourglass9) and restore a backup of your 3DS operating system if you ever messed it up (think of a windows recovery disk, but much smaller and easier to restore).

All other public exploits right now are executed after the 3DS operating system is already up and running; only A9LH is executed before the 3DS operating system even starts. So basically, with A9LH you have really fast and reliable booting into Custom Firmware (boots just as fast as an unhacked 3DS), plus some nice recovery tools (and other various tools) that can be launched even if your 3DS OS is somehow messed up.

You can find a technical and much more detailed explanation here.

Last edited by samiam144,
Reactions: Cosmic_Link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended