cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering you're also having CIA installation freezes, I'm going to agree that it may be your SD card. Maybe take it out, make sure there isn't any finger oils on the contacts, and make sure it's seated properly.

Yeah, I already did. The only thing I can think of besides running that half a day sector scan again is getting another card. Bummer!

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, the most common answer to people with problems on gbatemp; blame it on the sdcard!

I'm more inclined to believe its some sort of user error/issue with your SD card over the idea that you're the one unexplainable instance of all a9hl users where you did everything right yet your boot rate isn't 100% with a perfectly fine SD card. New or not, SD cards have been known to fail.

Last edited by duffmmann,

ilifin

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I had an SDcard new out of the packing from a retailer fail on me in less than 15 minutes from me starting to use it. They immediately replaced the card without any questions or me needing to ship them back the failed card; apparently it happens so often that it costs them more money to verify a faulty SD card than it costs them to just send a new product. Got the exact same product back (a replacement, of course), works without a hitch.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Totally keeping this on record. Suck it @Margen67
Btw OP, are you using CakesFW or Luma3ds?

I doubt it has anything to do with A9LH or the guide OP used.

I'm hoping OP exchanges the card and lets us know results. Otherwise I'd believe it be the system itself. O.o

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more inclined to believe its some sort of user error/issue with your SD card over the idea that you're the one unexplainable instance of all a9hl users where you did everything right yet your boot rate isn't 100% with a perfectly fine SD card. New or not, SD cards have been known to fail.
Actually, out of the many people who've installed A9LH, I can only recall 2-3 people with "unexplainable" rare-case issues, but they all turned out to be faulty/defective hardware that somehow slipped past Nintendo.

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, out of the many people who've installed A9LH, I can only recall 2-3 people with "unexplainable" rare-case issues, but they all turned out to be faulty/defective hardware that somehow slipped past Nintendo.

I can handle replacing the sd card if needed, but replacing the entire console would be a nightmare! NO!

Reactions: Queno138

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can handle replacing the sd card if needed, but replacing the entire console would be a nightmare! NO!
I'll hope it's just the SD card then! We won't know until you replace the SD card: Try testing it with the factory-included SD card and see if it fixes the boot rate!

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
I was waiting for a thread like this.
Because I have the same problem. Not that high though, but something like 10-15% of the time, i've a black screen.
I followed the guide, everything works perfectly but i've a little black screen sometimes.

But since i took off my SD card yesterday for putting some files, it's getting better... I'll see after a few days.
And yep, i had some freeze screens when installing cias too !

D

Deleted User

You don't necessarily have to replace the whole console. You can send it to someone to replace the faulty part for you.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read the third comment in this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-dump-verification.415282/ also, press start while powering on to enter decrypt9 if you have luma set up with the payloads.
Although, if they are using A9LH SysNand CFW, all they need to do is perform a system update and it'll overwrite any issues the previous downgrading might've had! (Just make sure that you have the NTR firmware.bin in your /luma/ folder)

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While everybody else focuses on the SD card... Have you tried blowing out the SD card slot?

No I haven't, but I have a can of computer duster right next to me. It's worth a shot. I'll also look into the entire sysnand upgrading stuff, but I'm off to wind down and sleep. Thank you all for your help. I'll update this thread when I can.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Having screen freezes when installing cia or backing up save files, is apparently an SD card issue, that happens to both menuhax+cfw users and A9LH users.

Sometimes it's not that the card is faulty, it could be bad file/sector sizes or whatever not.

I just recovered from a SD card corruption (likely due to not removing it properly from Computer).
It was acting up every time I attempt to back up a save (minor hangs before it runs), probably because I didn't format it right after the recovery.

I used emunand9 to format my sd card and it's been running smoothly ever since.

Last edited by Queno138, , Reason: typos, typos, everywhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night