Hacking (a9lh) 64gb upgrade to 128gb, worth?

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had the same "problem" and now i'm using a Sandisk 128GB Card in my New 3ds XL.
With this card i have no problem keeping all the good games on the console and the loading times are nealy the same as with the 64GB card.

So i would say it's totally worth to use a big card.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why the heck Emunand partition can't be seen in PC? I'm just curious...:sleep:
Of course it can.
6947_1481456486_584d3b66c9212.png

But it can't be seen by default on Windows since it's not a partition formatted for data, so Windows discards it, thinking there is nothing of interest there.

Reactions: blue17570

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a 128GB in mine, and even with it formatted to 32K cluster size, it's slower at installing CIA files than my 32GB formatted to 32K clusters.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What i do is use a GateWay Flashcard with a 64GB mSD as an option for bigger games that do not require online services or random games i don't play often.

+

64GB mSD in my 3DS running Luma for my favorite games + VC injects in general.

I think im set for everything im interested

128GB is not worth the cons in my humble opinion

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What i do is use a GateWay Flashcard with a 64GB mSD as an option for bigger games that do not require online services or random games i don't play often.

+

64GB mSD in my 3DS running Luma for my favorite games + VC injects in general.

I think im set for everything im interested

128GB is not worth the cons in my humble opinion
I tought about using this. But now, I use 200GB microSD on my N3DS and a R4i with 32GB on my game card slot.

A little off-topic, but do any of you know how to install ysmenu on my R4i? Discovered that it's the one with the time bomb on it.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL arent a9lh and emunand the same...I use a9lh Luma N3DS.
I don't care much about the hacking lore. lel

No they are not. Emunand is loaded off your SD card. It's a copy of your nand with patches if you brick your emunand it's just bricking the copy on your SD card because your 3DS system software is being run off the SD card. Luma is a patcher that runs at boot and patches things. Luma is not running a new nand or a custom nand or anything it's taking your real nand and patching things in memory after it loads up. That's why it takes longer for a luma 3ds to boot because it has to patch things.

You may not care about this stuff, but it's important to know the difference between emunand and well not emunand. Emunand is much slower (since it's reading it off the SD card), but also safer to break things in as long as you're only writing to the emunand.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They never figure out how to get around the 300 lintel
Whats the point? If you actually install that many titles then that means your just hoarding games. Also you can install more then 300 titles but only 300 icons will show. The extra apps can only be launched with fbi.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

m37r01d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the point? If you actually install that many titles then that means your just hoarding games. Also you can install more then 300 titles but only 300 icons will show. The extra apps can only be launched with fbi.

Not saying there was a point. I just recall someone working on it, and just was wondering if they were ever successfull. I totally forgot about it untill someone mentioned

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
256GB SD card user here

Recently had a 128GB SD card and that wasn't enough for my needs. There was a black Friday sale and the timing couldn't have been better.

If there are any cons there is definitely some slowdown and there is so far one .Cia application I can't use but there are alternatives so not a big deal. Having my whole collection on a single card is worth it *thumbs up*

Not saying there was a point. I just recall someone working on it, and just was wondering if they were ever successfull. I totally forgot about it untill someone mentioned
You can bypass the limit by installing emuNAND for an additional 300 titles.

Reactions: Hyoretsu

m37r01d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
256GB SD card user here

Recently had a 128GB SD card and that wasn't enough for my needs. There was a black Friday sale and the timing couldn't have been better.

If there are any cons there is definitely some slowdown and there is so far one .Cia application I can't use but there are alternatives so not a big deal. Having my whole collection on a single card is worth it *thumbs up*

i guess that would be the only reason i still see for using emunand, thanks for the reply

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
256GB SD card user here

But you would have to restart your console on SysNAND or EmuNAND. And that's not a fix or bypass, that's a workaround. If you install EmuNAND, it's like you had 0 games. If you have 300 titles on both, that's the same thing as having 2 3DSes with 300 titles both, but in one body. Everything will be different, including your FC.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you would have to restart your console on SysNAND or EmuNAND. And that's not a fix or bypass, that's a workaround. If you install EmuNAND, it's like you had 0 games. If you have 300 titles on both, that's the same thing as having 2 3DSes with 300 titles both, but in one body. Everything will be different, including your FC.
What do you think bypass means? I worded what I said carefully for a reason.

i guess that would be the only reason i still see for using emunand, thanks for the reply
That and for devs to have a sandbox to test their code without causing any harm to their sysNAND.

That's the only two reasons I can imagine to still use emuNAND these days.

m37r01d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you think bypass means? I worded what I said carefully for a reason.

That and for devs to have a sandbox to test their code without causing any harm to their sysNAND.

That's the only two reasons I can imagine to still use emuNAND these days.

ahh yea good for devs too didnt even think of that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters