Hardware A stupid question but please answer it ._.

Ecchilover99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a little stupid question here ... I'm going to buy a used 3DS (not XL) But i want to make sure that the 3d is working properly , The problem is i've never seen a 3d movie or a 3d game before so how can i check that the 3d is working well ? And if there's other stuff to check please tell me ... Thx alot and sorry about my bad English :)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have a little stupid question here ... I'm going to buy a used 3DS (not XL) But i want to make sure that the 3d is working properly , The problem is i've never seen a 3d movie or a 3d game before so how can i check that the 3d is working well ? And if there's other stuff to check please tell me ... Thx alot and sorry about my bad English :)

go into a big store, they usually have test units.. you can see it for yourself..

the 3d, is a thing you use for 15 minutes when you buy the console and then never use it again...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you don't see it as soon as you turn the system on, turn the 3D slider down and back up and see the difference. It's quite noticeable when you do that.
However, the effect is far more noticeable on the XL, on the normal 3DS I got so used to it that I sometimes turned it off and back on just to make sure it was working properly because I couldn't tell the difference. Hasn't happened to me on the XL, the effect is much deeper because the screen is bigger.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
To put it in a simpler words, go to the settings and try the 3D demo there.

Also, I was wondering why you people never seem to find 4.1-4.5 consoles around???
They're literally collecting dust over here!

I have my 3DS since day 1. There is a 3DS demo?

I remember some 3D videos downloaded from the eShop (there was a flower themed one that blew my mind)

I'll seek for the 3D demo option in the settings as soon as I get home.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How does the 3d looks like ?.-.
Imagine that someone pushed the screen inwards and added some depth - as if you were looking into an acquarium or a fishbowl. You'll immediately know it works when you see it, but for you it might take some adjusting since you have no experience with 3D.

Start with the slider at the bottom and then slowly slide it upwards - stop when you start seeing double and revert to the last comfortable state. Your eyes will gradually get used to the system and you'll be able to go full-blast eventually. If you suffer from astigmatism, it's possible that the effect may not work for you. Remember to keep the 3DS at a steady angle when using 3D and try not to tilt it. ;)

SlCKB0Y

Trophies
XP
Country
the 3d, is a thing you use for 15 minutes when you buy the console and then never use it again...

I've had my 3DS since they first come out and I still use the 3d *shrugs*. Seems kind of silly to generalise your experience to the other 40 million or so people with a 3DS.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go into a big store, they usually have test units.. you can see it for yourself..

I have a launch day 3DS and I've almost never turned that slider down since day one. The 3D isn't quite the OMGWTFBBQ amazing as it initially was, but I have zero reason to turn it down or off (no eye strain, head aches, etc) and it does add something to most games... Even when it's just eye candy. And in fact a lot of times it even aids in 3D game play: SML3D - will I actually land on that Goomba?, MHTU - am I close enough to hit that dino w/ my weapon, etc.

YMMV, but I'm rather fond of its 3D.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I've had my 3DS since they first come out and I still use the 3d *shrugs*. Seems kind of silly to generalise your experience to the other 40 million or so people with a 3DS.

congrats you are the 1%

i was not telling my experience, unless you are saying my knowledge with the surroundings
i have friends with a 3ds, i see kids playing 3ds on public places a lot of times i spend a lot of time on internet (like everyone), i had seen this conversation several times on several websites about the console i had seen a lot of people answer they don't use the 3d. in fact, my own comment was "stolen" from another person, i mean the 15 minutes part was not "my idea"

i am not saying "the 40 million of people" with a 3ds doesn't use the 3d. I was (almost 1 month ago) saying the majority of people (statistically) use it in the first day or weeks and never touch the 3d again...

as for myself, i had played with the 3d on on the first 3 days, but then i played with the 3d once in like every 15 days or so just because it does have it...

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 3D effect of the 3DS is in 80% of games a depth-effect. Only about 20% are using the 3D as a pop-out effect.

I have the 3D always turned on to the max, and no problems with it. Pop-out effect is more amazing than the depth-effect, so it's a shame not more games are using it. But, well... if so many people are already complaining about the depth-effect, it's maybe better that way, cause the pop-out effect is even harder to take.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: