Hacking A small question about AKAIO 1.7

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sagatsu said:
Can you use the pictochat font (NDS default) in AKAIO, I'm aware that you can change fonts in AKAIO but I'm having trouble finding the said font anywhere.
I see it being used in some theme screenshots like this one http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/details/t/1f7e13a783.

Thanks and I'm sorry if its ever been asked before. I tried searching though.

The only reason some screenshots look like they don't use that font is because they haven't installed it on their computer prior to using AKEdit to take the screenshots.
That's my theme btw
happy.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know for sure.
The font you see in my theme is the default AKEdit font. It does look just like the pictochat font.
It's not the default font for the AKAIO interface, at least for AKAIO 1.7.
I'm looking into the AKEdit information and perhaps it's possible that the font bundled with it that you're supposed to install (in Windows) is based on a font that exists and is compatible with AKAIO. Will let you know.

AKAIO 1.7 is bundled with four fonts in order to support the characters in its supported languages.
I used information from this post to try the three besides the default (English) Tahoma font. Roman characters are found in all of them, they're all usable for English.

* kochi-mincho-subst.pcf - A slightly smaller font than Tahoma, the Kochi Mincho font has a simple Gothic style for Roman characters. It is missing some extended characters such as the Copyright symbol.
* ugulim12.pcf - It looked almost the same as Tahoma, this is actually a Korean font. It is also missing some extended characters such as the Copyright symbol.
* wenquanyi_9pt.pcf - The larger font of the collection, this is a Chinese font. As far as I can notice, it is not missing any extended characters, but punctuation like the apostrophe might be slightly off. I don't know what font I can compare it to, but it isn't the same as Tahoma, and it's not Gothic.

Sadly, none of these even remotely resemble the pictochat font.
cry.gif
I opened up the Acekard Official Firmware 4.21 and there is no font resource in the file system that I can recognize. I'm guessing it's internalized.

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Exangel do you know how to change the font for the menu? besides from changing the language?

Cause I like the smaller one that comes with Wood R4..

can we like... add our own fonts?

Sagatsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much for looking into this sir. It's just, the pictochat font is very readable and if possible I would like to use it but it wont be a big loss if I can't
smile.gif

BTW I found a pictochat font somewhere and DL'ed it, I opened it in windows and I saw that it is indeed the pictochat font. However when I use the Akaio font converter I found somewhere here and installed it in my AKAIO, the font became too small it wasn't readable.
I guess AKAIO can't handle 12pt font size or the converter is making it too small. IDK.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sagatsu said:
Thank you very much for looking into this sir.

I'm a woman
cry.gif

It's a shame the font converter doesn't work out for the pictochat font you found.
Did you try Acekard.ttf from the AKEdit archive?

@obito
If you can find liberation.pcf in the Wood R4 font folder, copy it to the font folder for AKAIO, and edit the language.txt file for the language you use to point to liberation.pcf, then there you go.

As far as adding any other font, it needs to be PCF format, and I am not planning on doing any further research on this so good luck.

Sagatsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I'm sorry maam.
tongue.gif

Anyway I tried that just now and strange enough when I use the Acekard.ttf file from Akedit the fonts are humongous. As I compare the two the 12pt for the Acekard.tff is bigger when I open it in windows and the pictochat.ttf 's 12pt is the same size as in the NDS.
Strange. If I figure out how to resize ttf files then I might have the answer. The font is usable but the size needs to be tweaked
biggrin.gif

Thanks again for the help.

UPDATE: Ok I finally managed to make a successful pcf file of the Acekard.ttf. I now have a perfectly sized pictochat font for AKAIO. Thanks to Exangel for the info, turns out all I had to do was edit the batch file for the AKAIO font converter so it would resize it to the correct size. If anyone wants it I can upload it.
biggrin.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sagatsu said:
UPDATE: Ok I finally managed to make a successful pcf file of the Acekard.ttf. I now have a perfectly sized pictochat font for AKAIO. Thanks to Exangel for the info, turns out all I had to do was edit the batch file for the AKAIO font converter so it would resize it to the correct size. If anyone wants it I can upload it.
biggrin.gif

I would like a copy of the correctly sized font! I also could not find the PCF/AKAIO font converter on FileTrip so you should consider adding it there.

Linkr2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I'm sorry maam.
tongue.gif

Anyway I tried that just now and strange enough when I use the Acekard.ttf file from Akedit the fonts are humongous. As I compare the two the 12pt for the Acekard.tff is bigger when I open it in windows and the pictochat.ttf 's 12pt is the same size as in the NDS.
Strange. If I figure out how to resize ttf files then I might have the answer. The font is usable but the size needs to be tweaked
biggrin.gif

Thanks again for the help.

biggrin.gif

I am going crazy in order to get this font working in my R4i, which works with Acekard themes. If you can upload your Acekard.tff converted into PCF it would be awesome!! Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain