A request, and a talk about "Fan-made patches"/"Unofficial Patches"

Taltianking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this doesn't strictly have to do with Nintendo, as I tend to associate GBAtemp with (gee, wonder why) I figured I'd put this under "modding"/"Programming". I've seen a large amount of Unofficial patches over the years, from the literal titular "Skyrim Unofficial Patch" which works wonders on the game, to the English patch for Mother 3, or Seiken Densetsu 3 (seriously SQEX, bring that Switch Seiken Densetsu collection to the west, I'd pay good money for that!)

But alas, I digress, a while back I bought the Sonic collection on steam, every game that is on steam in the series, which is a good value for the games you get. One of which I was particularly looking forward to, was "Sonic: Lost World" however, much to my chagrin, I found a particular bug had been running rampant, and neither Sega nor the fanbase had amended it.

You see, on just about any "AMD" processor Sonic is stuck in a t-pose, and any attempt to change his pose crashes the game. I'm pretty sure you can guess that that makes the game literally unplayable for an entire subset of people who should by all intents be able to play it.
I do not understand programming well, despite my desire to become a developer myself, and am having trouble learning. However, I wondered if I could find one of these things here:
1. A person who would be willing to drill in and find out why this occurs.
2. Someone willing to do the above and fabricate a patch to fix it if possible.
3. Someone who knows of a more accurate place for this, like a programming forum that would take this as a challenge.
I'd prefer number 2, both for myself and the loads of people who have this same issue, but I look forward to finding any of the above. Thank you for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)