Gaming A new Mario game is already in development

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That is, according to the Mariowiki, sourced from this article.

This is how I interpret this news:

-It's NOT a 2D Mario. It has been clearly stated in the past that there'll only be one 2D Mario per console, both Wii U and 3DS have had their 2D Mario. So we're probably looking at a new 3D Mario. Now why would people want a new 3D Mario?

-As to regarding which console it's on, Yoshiaki Koizumi says "It's a secret." However they also said that if it were on Wii U, they'd have to focus on using the Gamepad more. So why would they call it a secret if they just started talking specifically about the Wii U Gamepad? Is this some sort of cross-compatibility hint?

-The article states that "they've already started their next challenge". What did they say would be challenging again?

What my first thoughts are:

This is going the be the Mario game we were expecting last year. Nintendo knows now that there's a large number of people who enjoy Mario games that really innovate and have an enriching experience. 64, Sunshine, Galaxy (2), this one is going to be the next in that line.

Of course, after last time I believe that if I get my hopes up we'll be slapped with "Super Mario 3D Land 2". But I'm looking forward to the possibility of something new again.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
*sigh* I like a Mario game as much as the next guy but, frankly, I'm sick of seeing that hairy little plumber. There's a difference between creating fresh ways to play the same old games and innovating with brand new ideas. There's a lot of Nintendo franchises that just don't seem to be getting the attention they deserve.

Nintendo need to focus on bringing a wider variety of video games and characters to attract a more varied audience to the Wii U and 3DS.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
galaxy 3 nintendo or

dbzfail.jpg

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
surely with big companies as soon as they finish one mario/zelda/pokemon/cod/etc game, they start on the next, or, they start on the next even before finishing the current one... right? i don't see how it is ever a surprise that a new one will come out... :)

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
*sigh* I like a Mario game as much as the next guy but, frankly, I'm sick of seeing that hairy little plumber. There's a difference between creating fresh ways to play the same old games and innovating with brand new ideas. There's a lot of Nintendo franchises that just don't seem to be getting the attention they deserve.

Nintendo need to focus on bringing a wider variety of video games and characters to attract a more varied audience to the Wii U and 3DS.

I can respect that. I think the problem lies with the spin-off titles. There's just so many between Kart, Party and the assorted Sports, RPG and Puzzle games. If they stuck with the core games of the franchise- there'd be only 16 games in all since 1985. Kill the spin-offs, except perhaps Mario Kart and the RPGs, and put more time and effort into developing other franchises.

But as for the main-series Mario's, too much is never enough for me. Personally, I'd have preferred the "New" series axed to put more effort into the more recent 3D Mario's, but apparently I'm in the minority.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I think that they should be making a game for 2015 to celebrate 30 years of Super Mario Bros. A game that makes call backs to every major Mario game until today. Maybe mixing the gameplays of 64, Galaxy and 3D. Can you imagine a stage based on SMB1 in full 3D platforming, a la Piranha Plant Slide? Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I will be waiting until their official announcement.

Reactions: Dr Eggman

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd love it to be a new G3, and focusing more on the gamepad is fine I guess. I'm hoping they atleast make it optional though, more control options is always better. I like how Mario world had some optional gamepad levels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)