Hacking A method to load fw.img or mocha CFW without gamepad?

ddurdle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Precisely. I don't have the wifi either. but I'm planning to giving it a shot after I pick one up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It would actually be pretty cool if this could run off a Pi (as a server). Got lots of Pis to spare the Pi does the hardware acceleration required. A compatible 5GHz wifi that works on the Pi is more challenging.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Why not just edit the meta.xml of the DS VC to remove the gamepad limitation?
This should work
Code:
<drc_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">1</drc_use>
Sadly still can't use the WUPC to use shortcuts, it seems to dissconect midway HBL boot :/
Anyway, Kirby Mass Attack folder is 00050000/101C8700 if someone is looking to edit its meta.

Last edited by cucholix,

ddurdle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sadly still can't use the WUPC to use shortcuts, it seems to dissconect midway HBL boot :/
Anyway, Kirby Mass Attack folder is 00050000/101C8700 if someone is looking to edit its meta.

That's correct. I find mine disconnecting all the time as well, not just when invoking Haxchi.

ddurdle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Vendo232

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys trying here somehow pass the WiiU requirement to have GamePad connected to launch Haxchi ( DS VC )? because it is exactly what I need. I do not need gamepad to play my games and do not want to keep it charge and ready every time I want to play a MK8.

So is this method really working for someone modifying the meta.xml to remove GamePad connection requirement?

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why not just edit the meta.xml of the DS VC to remove the gamepad limitation?
This should work
Code:
<drc_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">1</drc_use>

Thank you very much, i did it tonight with ftpiiu everywhere, it kinda worked. I can boot haxchi without gamepad, which is cool, but, at least with my configuration (default to homebrew launcher, a to sysmenu, b to padcon, x to vwii homebrew channel and y to hidtovpad) always booted to sigpatched sysmenu, even if i wasn't holding the a button. This could be disappointing for some users, but for me it's very handy: if you have a game that need sigpatches and you don't want use the gamepad, just open haxchi using either the wiimote or wii u pro controller and it will autoboot into sigpatched haxchi cfw! i'm sure wii classic controller would work the same way, but i haven't tested it so i can't say for sure. Of course some could say that this is useless because of coldboothaxchi, but i think this is safer for who lives with other people that could accidentally delete it or something. Shortcuts from gamepad still work fine, homebrew launcher loads without issues.

Oh, i was forgotting that i use haxchi with legit dr kawashima's brain training PAL

Last edited by krueger96,

Vendo232

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, i did it tonight with ftpiiu everywhere, it kinda worked. I can boot haxchi without gamepad, which is cool, but, at least with my configuration (default to homebrew launcher, a to sysmenu, b to padcon, x to vwii homebrew channel and y to hidtovpad) always booted to sigpatched sysmenu, even if i wasn't holding the a button. This could be disappointing for some users, but for me it's very handy: if you have a game that need sigpatches and you don't want use the gamepad, just open haxchi using either the wiimote or wii u pro controller and it will autoboot into sigpatched haxchi cfw! i'm sure wii classic controller would work the same way, but i haven't tested it so i can't say for sure. Of course some could say that this is useless because of coldboothaxchi, but i think this is safer for who lives with other people that could accidentally delete it or something. Shortcuts from gamepad still work fine, homebrew launcher loads without issues.

Oh, i was forgotting that i use haxchi with legit dr kawashima's brain training PAL

Kruger96 thank you very much for testing and reporting back, this is exactly what I was looking for

" if you have a game that need sigpatches and you don't want use the gamepad, just open haxchi using either the wiimote or wii u pro controller and it will autoboot into sigpatched haxchi cfw! "

I wanted to just boot WiiU, Launch Haxchi with PRO Controller and play MK8+DLC.

I`m going to try it tonight although have never tried the FTP process .

thanks cucholix

Reactions: krueger96

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Kruger96 thank you very much for testing and reporting back, this is exactly what I was looking for

" if you have a game that need sigpatches and you don't want use the gamepad, just open haxchi using either the wiimote or wii u pro controller and it will autoboot into sigpatched haxchi cfw! "

I wanted to just boot WiiU, Launch Haxchi with PRO Controller and play MK8+DLC.

I`m going to try it tonight although have never tried the FTP process .

thanks cucholix

To use ftpiiu everywhere you need to run a cfw, i used mocha fw for this step, i don't know if the haxchi built in cfw works for this purpose (simple signature patcher doesn't)
there are several versions of ftpiiu, i use the one that's also compatible with cbhc, you can find it in the app store. Then i think you can use any of the ftp clients available on pc. i'm not sure if there is a recommended one, i use filezilla

Vendo232

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use ftpiiu everywhere you need to run a cfw, i used mocha fw for this step, i don't know if the haxchi built in cfw works for this purpose (simple signature patcher doesn't)
there are several versions of ftpiiu, i use the one that's also compatible with cbhc, you can find it in the app store. Then i think you can use any of the ftp clients available on pc. i'm not sure if there is a recommended one, i use filezilla

Kruger96 if you have 2 min please elaborate about this step

ftpiiu everywhere you need to run a cfw, i used mocha fw for this step,

I have to study Mocha wasn`t really paying attention much.

Reactions: Jamesxuyiyi88

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Kruger96 if you have 2 min please elaborate about this step

ftpiiu everywhere you need to run a cfw, i used mocha fw for this step,

I have to study Mocha wasn`t really paying attention much.

sorry, i wasn't online earlier

what i meant is that you need a cfw with wupserver built in, like (for example) mocha by dimok:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mocha-cfw-the-sweet-chocolate-to-your-latte.452940/

run mocha from hbl, then run ftpiiu everywhere. it will show your wii u's ip. put the ip in the ftp client you're using, then you will have acces to everything in the console. from here find your haxchi game, download meta.xml, change the value and reupload it back

Vendo232

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, i wasn't online earlier

what i meant is that you need a cfw with wupserver built in, like (for example) mocha by dimok:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mocha-cfw-the-sweet-chocolate-to-your-latte.452940/

run mocha from hbl, then run ftpiiu everywhere. it will show your wii u's ip. put the ip in the ftp client you're using, then you will have acces to everything in the console. from here find your haxchi game, download meta.xml, change the value and reupload it back

thank you very much Kruger96!

ddurdle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Can you share your config.txt? How is it that it boot to sysmenu when default you set is homebrew launcher? You are using Haxchi 2.0 (0.2)? I'm curious.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Can you share your config.txt? How is it that it boot to sysmenu when default you set is homebrew launcher? You are using Haxchi 2.0 (0.2)? I'm curious.
Haxchi 2.5 and up has shortcuts for apps, by holding a button during HBL app boot, it comes with a config.txt file inside "sd:/haxchi" folder, you can set up what app you want boot up by assigning a button, by default when no button is held it loads HBL, and by default holding "b" boot sys menu with sig patches, of course you can configure it at your own will.

Up to 6 shortcuts can be set, IIRC could be more.

Last edited by cucholix,

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Attachments

• config.txt
    169 bytes · Views: 374

Vendo232

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys

it did not work for me. I have modified the meta.xml

from: <drc_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">2</drc_use> ( Original string )
to: <drc_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">1</drc_use> ( Modified string )

it launched Haxchi but half way through to return to my default sysnand it suddenly asked for Gamepad again.
Then When I Canceled the option it gave me black screen with "-3" string in upper left corner.

I gave up and decided to do the ColdBoot. It was super quick and easy install and my unit now boots straight with signed patch.

ddurdle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haxchi 2.5 and up has shortcuts for apps, by holding a button during HBL app boot, it comes with a config.txt file inside "sd:/haxchi" folder, you can set up what app you want boot up by assigning a button, by default when no button is held it loads HBL, and by default holding "b" boot sys menu with sig patches, of course you can configure it at your own will.

Up to 6 shortcuts can be set, IIRC could be more.
Ya, sorry, I'm on the same version, etc.

I see what is meant now.

If you use a gamepad, the config.txt stored in the Hachi install on the SYSNAND accurately represents the shortcut keys (whatever you have set for a, b, x, y, default is as you define it). IF you start without a gamepad (say wii u pro only), when you hit the Haxchi icon, the "default" is not run, whatever is defined as button a is run. In my case I defined a = hbl, b=sysmenu, default=sysmenu. So when I start from the gamepad and don't hit anything, it goes into sysmenu. If I don't have a gamepad synced (if I use pro controller), when I hit the icon and regardless of what I press (it has no effect since the controller powers off when the exploit runs), whatever you define as button a runs, not what you define as default. So in my case, it was bringing up the "you need the gamepad now error" because it was invoking hbl which requires it.

Hi Guys

it did not work for me. I have modified the meta.xml

from: <drc_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">2</drc_use> ( Original string )
to: <drc_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">1</drc_use> ( Modified string )

it launched Haxchi but half way through to return to my default sysnand it suddenly asked for Gamepad again.
Then When I Canceled the option it gave me black screen with "-3" string in upper left corner.

I gave up and decided to do the ColdBoot. It was super quick and easy install and my unit now boots straight with signed patch.

See my post right above. The behaviour is a bit off.

I'm attaching the config.txt that is working when I have only a wii u pro controller synced (no gamepad). The behaviour is a bit different. Instead of going to default it goes either to button a or perhaps whatever is defined on the first line. Regardless, use this config.txt on the SYSNAND (SD card config.txt has no effect after you install it).

FYI, I was able to successfully power on Wii U with Wii U pro controller, hit the Haxchi, boots into sysmenu, then run MK8 off USB + DLC installed.

Attachments

• config.txt
    78 bytes · Views: 405

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ya, sorry, I'm on the same version, etc.

I see what is meant now.

If you use a gamepad, the config.txt stored in the Hachi install on the SYSNAND accurately represents the shortcut keys (whatever you have set for a, b, x, y, default is as you define it). IF you start without a gamepad (say wii u pro only), when you hit the Haxchi icon, the "default" is not run, whatever is defined as button a is run. In my case I defined a = hbl, b=sysmenu, default=sysmenu. So when I start from the gamepad and don't hit anything, it goes into sysmenu. If I don't have a gamepad synced (if I use pro controller), when I hit the icon and regardless of what I press (it has no effect since the controller powers off when the exploit runs), whatever you define as button a runs, not what you define as default. So in my case, it was bringing up the "you need the gamepad now error" because it was invoking hbl which requires it.

See my post right above. The behaviour is a bit off.

I'm attaching the config.txt that is working when I have only a wii u pro controller synced (no gamepad). The behaviour is a bit different. Instead of going to default it goes either to button a or perhaps whatever is defined on the first line. Regardless, use this config.txt on the SYSNAND (SD card config.txt has no effect after you install it).

FYI, I was able to successfully power on Wii U with Wii U pro controller, hit the Haxchi, boots into sysmenu, then run MK8 off USB + DLC installed.

i see, i already had button a mapped to sysmenu, that's why it worked for me.

ddurdle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i see, i already had button a mapped to sysmenu, that's why it worked for me.

Correct. I did look through the code to decipher whether that was intended or a bug. Right after the logo disappears and the exploit runs, all controllers lose connectivity except for the gamepad. So at this point, whatever the gamepad reports as the buttons held, pressed for an instance or released at that time (code reads all three). So with a gamepad, if you aren't pressing any buttons at that time, it knows that, and invokes the default. So, even if you invoke using a wii u pro controller, but have a gamepad in range (and on), the correct behaviour of "default" is executed, because you are not pressing any buttons on the gamepad, and if you are pressing any buttons, like holding down b on the wii u controller, these are ignored (these controllers lose connectivity). I would think that if there is no gamepad connected, it would drop back down to the default case, but for some reason its either detecting that button a is being held or it is erroring out during the read. Anyways..... we have the solution that works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended