Hardware (a late christmas miracle) lost my phone, found a switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can't be that hard if you literally have the NNID of the person. You can just contact Nintendo Support and they can contact the owner.
How would he contact nintendo? Its very unlikely they would be able to figure it out through nintendo. Nintendo by law can't share details, and likely won't go out of their way to help this situation.
If I lost my Switch. So $300, plus 2 games, $420 at that point. I'd be calling every damn store nearby to find it.
If you give it to a store and it doesn't get to the owner in the first day, they will probably just keep it anyway.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
How would he contact nintendo? Its very unlikely they would be able to figure it out through nintendo. Nintendo by law can't share details, and likely won't go out of their way to help this situation.
I've heard a few stories on r/NintendoSwitch about people finding their switches because Nintendo helped them contact the finder.

Reactions: smileyhead

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
I've heard a few stories on r/NintendoSwitch about people finding their switches because Nintendo helped them contact the finder.
How would he contact nintendo? Its very unlikely they would be able to figure it out through nintendo. Nintendo by law can't share details, and likely won't go out of their way to help this situation. If you give it to a store and it doesn't get to the owner in the first day, they will probably just keep it anyway.
I doubt most stores would do that. What are they gonna do with it lmao, just a shitty thing to do. Nintendo has the address of the NNID owner. If they use it internally to contact the guy I don't think anyone is gonna be upset.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Just fell off the back of a truck, ehh?

Good karma only comes when you do good things, not when bad things have happened to you. I would just call this karma thats out of order. Your first thought should have been going to the police with it. Doing that might have gotten you a cash reward, and even if not then you would know that you are at least a good person. But you have already thought of depriving the owner of their belongings so no good karma can come your way. Maybe being a scumbag is what got you into your situation.

Grow up and be a good person.

Reactions: Absintu

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP is nothing more than a common thief. Bet he stole it when someone wasn't looking after they set it in their bag.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Just fell off the back of a truck, ehh?

Good karma only comes when you do good things, not when bad things have happened to you. I would just call this karma thats out of order. Your first thought should have been going to the police with it. Doing that might have gotten you a cash reward, and even if not then you would know that you are at least a good person. But you have already thought of depriving the owner of their belongings so no good karma can come your way. Maybe being a scumbag is what got you into your situation.

Grow up and be a good person.
Yup, exactly. Hope to hear an update from the guy

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Maybe he didn't know how to go about returning it. Thought it was too impossible so might as well keep it. He's gotten to enjoy it for a bit so I think he should just be given instructions on how to get it back to the owner. Suggestions have already been made, like contacting Nintendo through the website, giving an address where op will likely be hanging around at.

jrobertdobson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been homeless, phone, pistol, rifle, well everything i had worth anything stolen, and they trashed my tent.
If I found someones switch on the side of road, I would do whatever it takes to try to return it.
Found a wallet with several hundred in it in WM parking lot. Called police and waited. Owner gave me $200.

How to return, take to local police department, heck after a certain time you may be able to get it back. here they have a policy after some time unclaimed you can.

Karma is and always will be a bitch. Keeping things like that, gonna bite you.

But why is this in hacking?
Oh, the guy wants to delete NNID, but keep a game.

Last edited by jrobertdobson,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only here people could think that finding something on the side of the road is stealing. You guys will literally go to any lengths to tear people down, won't you? I doubt the guy could return the switch even if he wanted to. I mean, its not like your address and phone number are registered to your account. How would he even find the original owner? Put up a Craig's List ad? ....please. The guy is homeless, down on his luck, and probably couldn't return the system to its rightful owner even if he wanted to. Admit it, if you morons found a Switch lying around, you'd keep it too, so don't try to act holier-than-thou.

Maybe this guy is a troll, maybe he is a liar, maybe not. I don't know him at all so I wont judge him, but lets face it... Most of the people here freaking out and calling this guy a "common thief" based on the tiny bit of info they actually know.... just stop. I'm willing to bet that the majority of you still live under mommy and daddy's financial security blanket, and have no clue just how tough it is to be on the street. So many people here are such assholes these days. I'm starting to remember why I don't come here frequently any more....

EDIT: Here's an example of what I mean. Let's say you're walking down the street, and you see a $100 bill blowing down the sidewalk. You pick it up. Is that stealing too? I mean, it was someone else's $100 bill at one point. Would you go to the police station and try to find the original owner? Of course not... There is a LARGE difference between finding something that isn't yours, and stealing it.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to bet that the majority of you still live under mommy and daddy's financial security blanket

Can we stop with this absolutely retarded stereotype? It's fucking stealing. It's not his. He didn't buy it with his own god damned money. Some poor, unfortunate soul just misplaced it. It's STEALING. It's not because I'm living under my "mommy and daddy's financial security blanket". It's that he's claiming somebody elses' property as his own. Can you stop being stupid now? Thanks.

There is a LARGE difference between finding something that isn't yours, and stealing it.

No, not really. It's theft. You cuck.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: sarkwalvein

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we stop with this absolutely retarded stereotype? It's fucking stealing. It's not his. He didn't buy it with his own god damned money. Some poor, unfortunate soul just misplaced it. It's STEALING. It's not because I'm living under my "mommy and daddy's financial security blanket". It's that he's claiming somebody elses' property as his own. Can you stop being stupid now? Thanks.

No, not really. It's theft. You cuck.
Hey, think whatever you want, there's no law against being retarded. Either way the guy still has a nice new Switch to enjoy. Go write a blog about it.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,
D

Deleted-401606

Hey, think whatever you want, there's no law against being retarded. Either way the guy still has a nice new Switch to enjoy. Go write a blog about it.

Are the insults really necessary? Why are you defending a thief anyways? People have absolutely zero values these days,I am going to try to avoid arguing with people on the temp. It seems people just do whatever the fuck they want and then find every single excuse to justify their behavior.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the insults really necessary? Why are you defending a thief anyways? People have absolutely zero values these days,I am going to try to avoid arguing with people on the temp. It seems people just do whatever the fuck they want and then find every single excuse to justify their behavior.
...He called me a cuck. Not saying I'm super butthurt by it, but why would I care about insulting him after that? Your logic is stupid. This entire thread is stupid, and probably not even a true story to begin with. I regret ever posting.

Reactions: MeowMeowMeow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone