Hacking A Good Choice For Slot-2?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, please forgive my complete and total noobnishness with what follows, but I have been trying to research this for a week now and can't seem to find any recent or unbiased information. I currently own a DSTWO, which as I type this is nestled snugly in my Lite, and am for the most part thrilled with it. What I would like to know is what slot-2 hardware is a good companion for the DSTWO, and meets the following criteria:

*Still in production/relatively easy to obtain.
*Can natively run GBA ROMs.
*Has cheat support for said ROMs.
*Able to use existing utilities to at least dump save files from retail DS cartridges.
*Removable memory. If possible, I'd like to not have to wait for ROMs to write to some kind of fixed, on-board memory.
*Would be flush with the Lite's design/same size as the dust cover or official RAM expansion. (I can live without this one)

I apologize if anything listed there is impossible. Like I said, haven't been doing this for long. And yes, I realize that the DSTWO has GBA emulators. While at least one of them is fantastic, it doesn't have cheat support, and looks like it probably never will (at least not without being broken). Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
EZ Flash V/EZ Flash 3in1. Still not hard to find despite being out of production now. Saw one on RHS for around $24 or so. ;)

Just about anything else like the ones Supercard makes are much more rare and pricier now. EZFlash is just about the mainstream and most homebrew that uses slot-2 in some way usually has support for it out of the box.

Up until recently, EZFlash 3in1/V was the only one still being produced. So it's really your only option practically speaking. Had you asked this question a few years ago, you might have had more to choose from, but EZFlash is all that's really out there now. Everyone else moved on to slot-1 and 3DS stuff. :(

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that seemed to be the impression I was getting trying to research the subject, that I'm a few years late to the party on this one :P . That being said, what about a "phat" version of the EZ Flash IV? while I can't find any of the lite versions, I have come across a few of those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Low-spec ports are on C64.