Hacking A few words on IOSU, redNAND, and iosuhax.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything has been officially released and we even have extended forks! :yayu:
As of posting this, those games should be fine:
  • Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!
  • Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain?
  • Yoshi Touch & Go
  • Mario Kart DS
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Yoshi's Island DS
  • WarioWare: Touched!
  • Kirby: Squeak Squad
  • Kirby: Mouse Attack
  • Star Fox Command
  • Super Mario 64 DS
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
You need a 64GB card for 32GB (black) Wii U, or a 16GB card for 8GB (white) Wii U.
(This will probably change in the future)

There's a complete release by WiiUbru team.

There're no complete guides yet, but it's really easy to figure out how to do everything. :P

You're the man. I was reluctant to look up any guides in fear of a brick form an unfinished product. Thanks a lot, I'll move forward with these l33t haxx

Reactions: canariobr

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, now that thanks to fw.img and wupserver and all of that, is there a way to inject Wii games to VC and install them with wupinstaller y mod?

Or be able to play, lets say Wii games on the Wii U Gamepad using the gamepad buttons, or Nintendont GC games using Wii U Gamepad buttons?
speaking of vWii, has anyone gotten vWII working on redNAND? Really want to replay mario galaxy and xenoblade after all this time...

masterzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok does that mean's, i cant's start loadine directly from der cfw ? without starting webbrowser exploid from Homebrew Launcher?

thanks all

wizzy_link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys!

I just ordered a Zelda bundle Wii U! :yaypsp:

I've done my study, but I have some questions to ask. I would be very grateful if someone of you helps me clarify a few things regarding USB loading:

1. I am planning to use the Brazilian Method with an external USB hdd. But from what I read, I cannot install/play DLC and VC games, is that true?
  2. To be able to install DLC and VC games I have to use either redNand or ISOU-CFW, correct?
  3. If I use either redNand or ISOU-CFW, will there be an issue that some of the games will be installed via Brazilian Method and some via CFW? Or it doesn't matter at all?
  4. The same hdd can be used for Brazilian & ISOU-CFW too?
Thank you in advance to whoever takes time to answer my questions :toot:

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello guys!

I just ordered a Zelda bundle Wii U! :yaypsp:

I've done my study, but I have some questions to ask. I would be very grateful if someone of you helps me clarify a few things regarding USB loading:

1. I am planning to use the Brazilian Method with an external USB hdd. But from what I read, I cannot install/play DLC and VC games, is that true?
  2. To be able to install DLC and VC games I have to use either redNand or ISOU-CFW, correct?
  3. If I use either redNand or ISOU-CFW, will there be an issue that some of the games will be installed via Brazilian Method and some via CFW? Or it doesn't matter at all?
  4. The same hdd can be used for Brazilian & ISOU-CFW too?
Thank you in advance to whoever takes time to answer my questions :toot:
Good choice! I have that one too.

1. true
2. correct
3. doesn't matter
4. yes

I use sysnand cwf with sig. patches and regionhax, and IMHO you don't really need rednand either if you only install wii u games, updates, VC games and DLC. Saves you from buying a 64GB SD card too. Not to mention rednand isn't compatible with VCWii games, sysnand with sig.patches is, but choose the one that suits you.

Reactions: wizzy_link

Hypnotizing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good choice! I have that one too.

1. true
2. correct
3. doesn't matter
4. yes

I use sysnand cwf with sig. patches and regionhax, and IMHO you don't really need rednand either if you only install wii u games, updates, VC games and DLC. Saves you from buying a 64GB SD card too. Not to mention rednand isn't compatible with VCWii games, sysnand with sig.patches is, but choose the one that suits you.

So with the brazilian method we only need signature patches to overpass the dlc/vc restriction?

wizzy_link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So with the brazilian method we only need signature patches to overpass the dlc/vc restriction?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, if you use signature patches then you don't actually use the Brazilian Method, but the CFW method.
So, in that case, you have to load CFW before playing the DLC/VC games via homebrew browser hack or directly through haxchii,
while in the brazilian method there is no need to run or preload anything before playing the games. EDIT: but with brazilian you get no DLC/VC support (e.g. you can't play Ducktales TM)

Last edited by wizzy_link,

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, if you use signature patches then you don't actually use the Brazilian Method, but the CFW method.
So, in that case, you have to load CFW before playing the DLC/VC games via homebrew browser hack or directly through haxchii,
while in the brazilian method there is no need to run or preload anything before playing the games. EDIT: but with brazilian you get no DLC/VC support (e.g. you can't play Ducktales TM)
@wizzy_link correct.
A lot of people doesn't know what the brazilian method is, because they wasn't there when it came out, and think that Installing games to USB/NAND=Brazilian method... Just to clarify:
Brazilian method=some brazilian guys figured out, that you can use a disc game's ticket with its eshop counterpart, can install it and play with it just like you downloaded it from the eshop, because disc tickets are universal, and doesn't require sig.patches.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wizzy_link correct.
A lot of people doesn't know what the brazilian method is, because they wasn't there when it came out, and think that Installing games to USB/NAND=Brazilian method... Just to clarify:
Brazilian method=some brazilian guys figured out, that you can use a disc game's ticket with its eshop counterpart, can install it and play with it just like you downloaded it from the eshop, because disc tickets are universal, and doesn't require sig.patches.
Sorry to intrude, so can you tell me what's the benefit of sysnand CFW(iosuhax)? Since I think sysnand CFW and Brazilian method is almost the same. My WiiU is already using the brazilian method and I want to know if changing to iosu sysnand is much better in some ways. I already compiled the fw.img but im still at work.

Last edited by Akira,

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry to intrude, so can you tell me what's the benefit of sysnand CFW(iosuhax)? Since I think sysnand CFW and Brazilian method is almost the same. My WiiU is already using the brazilian method and I want to know if changing to iosu sysnand is much better in some ways. I already compiled the fw.img but im still at work.
The benefit is metioned above, but to recap:
-With Brazilian method you can only install/play games thats avilable on both retail disc and eshop.
-With CFW you can install/play VC games, eshop-only games, and DLCs too.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The benefit is metioned above, but to recap:
-With Brazilian method you can only install/play games thats avilable on both retail disc and eshop.
-With CFW you can install/play VC games, eshop-only games, and DLCs too.
The games installed with CFW will be on the home screen too? And for installation, you will also use Wupinstaller? I'm really sorry for these questions.

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The games installed with CFW will be on the home screen too? And for installation, you will also use Wupinstaller? I'm really sorry for these questions.
Yes, and yes.
Be aware that if you install any game with a fake-signed ticket, you have to run your fw.img every time if you reboot your console to play thoose games. This applies to games that you purchased from eshop legally, then you installed a DLC for it with a fake ticket using wupinstaller.

Last edited by Spearel18,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1