WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I am currently considering to get a Vita.

Questions:

#1: Is the lowest brightness level suitable for playing in complete darkness? (Does it hurt your eyes in the dark?)
#2: If you compare the PSP Go screen and the Vita screen, what screen do you prefer?
#3: Are PSP games like GUN Showdown finally playable on the Vita? (They were not on the PSP due to a missing second analog stick)
#4: Do you think Sony will release an updated Vita with internal storage at some point in the future?
#5: Do PSP games really look better on the Vita or is it just an illusion casted on you from the big OLED screen?
#6: What are the top 3 games a Vita user should get?

That's all :p1ng:

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I luv my Vita despite it having no gaems.

1) I leave my Vita among the lowest brightness settings and I've found gaeming in the dark to be fine.
2) Vita, that OLED.
3) They're better. You have to take into account gaems which used the Dpad or buttons for aiming/camera control were not analog. It does make playing gaems like MGS more manageable and less cluttered to play.
4) I Don't LOL
5) Yes. They look rather lovely.
6) Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Guacamelee and PS+

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, this makes me worry a bit :/
No real problem IMO. Only thing that could be said as a fault for the lowest brightness is that my girlfriend may wake up due to it if she's already gone to sleep (she doesn't like any kind of light source for that matter when going to sleep). If that's not taken into account, there is no issue :P

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No real problem IMO. Only thing that could be said as a fault for the lowest brightness is that my girlfriend may wake up due to it if she's already gone to sleep (she doesn't like any kind of light source for that matter when going to sleep). If that's not taken into account, there is no issue :P
Eh, I have to lower my PSP Go's brightness with a plugin to 25% to make it not burn my eyes while I am in bed. So far it seems that you can use the Vita as a flashlight even on the lowest brightness level.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Questions:

#1: Is the lowest brightness level suitable for playing in complete darkness? (Does it hurt your eyes in the dark?) //Lowest is fine, the OLED really does its job well. In the dark it's actually kinda blindingly bright :P
#2: If you compare the PSP Go screen and the Vita screen, what screen do you prefer? //Dat OLEd, no question about it
#3: Are PSP games like GUN Showdown finally playable on the Vita? (They were not on the PSP due to a missing second analog stick) //Yes
#4: Do you think Sony will release an updated Vita with internal storage at some point in the future? //Entirely possible, but no time soon
#5: Do PSP games really look better on the Vita or is it just an illusion casted on you from the big OLED screen? //Depends on how you define "better". As a purist I like to play games using their native resolution - on the PSVita they're resized. You can enable or disable filters, but it only gets you so far. 2D elements look arguably worse, 3D elements look perfectly fine.
#6: What are the top 3 games a Vita user should get? //Get PSPlus first and foremost. As for the games, Uncharted was great, so was Gravity Rush. Soul Sacrifice is pretty awesome if you're into that kind of games. If you haven't played MGS2 or 3, consider getting the HD Collection. Mortal Kombat is buckets of fun as far as fighting games are concerned. I know I was supposed to mention only three titles, but it'd be much easier if you mentioned which genres you're interested in, or at least gave us a list of games that you enjoyed on different platforms so that we have a frame of reference.

Reactions: WiiUBricker

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Questions:

#1: Is the lowest brightness level suitable for playing in complete darkness? (Does it hurt your eyes in the dark?) Yes, it's fine.
#2: If you compare the PSP Go screen and the Vita screen, what screen do you prefer? The Vita's OLED of course!
#3: Are PSP games like GUN Showdown finally playable on the Vita? (They were not on the PSP due to a missing second analog stick) Yeah, they're playable.
#4: Do you think Sony will release an updated Vita with internal storage at some point in the future? Maybe, but not right now. If they didn't announce
one at E3, I think we will be waiting awhile.
#5: Do PSP games really look better on the Vita or is it just an illusion casted on you from the big OLED screen? Depends on the game and your own opinion.
An example, some say Persona 3 looks bad on Vita while others love it.
#6: What are the top 3 games a Vita user should get? Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 3, Virtue's Last Reward. Don't forget PS+!

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I want to buy a Vita with Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and a memory card, but oh god these damn things are way too expensive. With a 16GB card I would need to pay for everything ~€300. Are there any cheaper clones available?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Nope sometimes US has some good discounts like newegg 32GB for 35$ I was going to buy one but couldn't find anyone to post me it in time.
I'm still using an 8GB since launch and although it's a pain transferring stuff to ps3 and pc for storage it's not THAT bad as I buy retail carts when available and don't generally keep games I've finished on the memory card.
I have a 500GB PS3 and 8TB on PC so storage isn't a problem. Besides you can only play one game at a time!
Like now I have Disgaea 3 cart in, Velocity Ultra, OMG HD Zombies, Star Wars Pinball and Uncharted GA on the memory card and about 7 movies and still have over 1GB space.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
#1: I always use lowest settings even at daytime.
#2: PSVita screen is awesome, but I find it over saturated when playing PSP games, the "classic colors" setting on the PSP emulator helps though.
#3: to know what games are playable on Vita you should go to PSN on your pc and find out if your games are listed on the Vita section.
#4: probably, but after some years.
#5: like I said, I don't like the saturation of the colors very much, but everything is alright, the resolution of the screen is exactly the double of the PSP screen and you can even disable the bilinear filter and force the old colors if you like.
#6: Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Uncharted Golden Abyss, basically get PS+ for those 3 and more, then go hunting more games.

So I want to buy a Vita with Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and a memory card, but oh god these damn things are way too expensive. With a 16GB card I would need to pay for everything ~€300. Are there any cheaper clones available?
16gb seems like lots of space, but I ran out after installing some PS+ games, P3P and Chrono Cross, if you can go for the 32gb one, but 16gb is fine if you get most games retail instead of digital, and don't forget that youtube needs free space to load long hd videos, a gig is fine to leave free if you plan to do that.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got mine on Black Friday for roughly 130 euros shipped from Amazon.com (179.99$ IIRC). It had a White PSVita , 4 GB memory card (upgraded it to 32 GB a few months back), AC3:L (retail), PSABR voucher, 3 months PS+ voucher and free shipping. So in total it's cost me about 180 euros for a 32 GB + the bundle + games of course (PS+ gives quite a lot so...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.