Homebrew a few questions about media players

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
help!

my ijoy media player box has just died with a hard drive failure. Id managed to back up the films and tv programs on it onto my 1tb external usb 2.0 drive which has two partitions, one is wbfs for my usb loader, the other is normal mac, ntfs?

1. do any of the media players read from a mac formatted partition? I cant reformat it as fat32 as id have to delete all the files and lose them. I tried mplayer which couldnt see the drive, and geekbox which i think i need a gamecube controller as i cant choose any of the options.

and the second question is, if i get it to work,

2. can i transfer files, in particular avi files, from my mac to a hard drive connected to my wii using wifi? i think the reason the media player died is the faulty power supply in my mac so im loath to plug in the external drive into it to copy across files if i can avoid it.

thanks in advance

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i cant press anything in geexbox. i downloaded the version from homebrew browser. the minute it comes up with the menu screen, both of my wiimotes switch off. when i press any buttons on them they flash two bars of lights and go off again.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try a different version. I had the same problem with the older version, but once I updated it to the latest, my Wiimotes worked fine.

That being said, I now use MPlayer_CE, as I find it superior in every way.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
heh, well geexbox doesn't show the led on wiimote
tongue.gif
but it's connected

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ive pressed every button on both remotes and cant get the menu to change. every time i press any button all the lights, or two of the lights (might be different battery levels on each wiimote) flash twice, but nothing happens.

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
if i delete everything and reformat to fat32, will it be worth the hassle? ie will i be able to run it from wii and will i be able to transfer files to the wii from my mac?

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
"normal mac" is not NTFS, it's HFS+, which isn't read by any media player on wii. Also, I can't see how a faulty power supply on your mac could possibly break an external hard drive. Just connect the drive to your computer, back up everything, format the NTFS partition to FAT32 and put everything back.

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
it took me hours to get all the files off onto a friends hard drive, wipe mine, make it fat32, copy everything across.

so 1st partition 500 meg fat32. 2nd partition 500 meg wbfs
plug it in. wii can see and use the second partition through usb loader.

i try mplayer ce, mplayer, mplayer by rodrigues. none of them can see the fat32 partition. the only thing i notice is when in mplayer ce, when i used to select usb drive when it was HFS (thanks roku i was getting confused) it would return straight away to the menu screen. Under fat32, it just sits there with a blankish screen til i press B.

roku93 re the faulty power supply i have an old g4 mirror door, which has a history of power supply problems, but unfortunately since its a proprietary power supply it would cost me more than the computers worth to replace. Whether i use the usb (original) or usb 2.0 (pci card) ports on my mac things have been flakey for years. The local portuguese apple centre looked at it twice, charged me 100 euro the last time for cleaning it up a bit, but there is a problem which i guess is the power supply as i havent a better solution, and posting on mac forums gets answers from people agreeing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4