Homebrew A couple questions on Nintendon't and RedNAND

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered a 128 GB SD Card for my Wii U (size needed for my large database of Wii U homebrew, Wii and GC games and homebrew, and RedNAND). I have already installed CBHC, but I want to use RedNAND as a sandbox and a secondary NAND for my bought games. However I am not sure if it is safe to install RedNAND with CBHC installed or if I should uninstall if first, and then reinstall it after I install RedNAND. I plan to still keep CBHC, because it gives me the option of booting into System Menu with signature patches, booting into Mocha and therefore into RedNAND, or booting into vWii on startup. Since I also plan on hacking my vWii with cIOS installed as well, I also plan on using Nintendon't. But I can't seem to get a definitive answer on whether it is possible to use Nintendon't to play GameCube games and homebrew using a GameCube Controller connected via a Mayflash Adapter because of the the Wiimote requirement (who would want to play Melee with a Wiimote or even a Pro Controller). So my questions are:

- Can I install RedNAND with Coldboot Haxchi currently installed?
- Can I use a GameCube controller with Nintendon't and if so, how would I go about doing that (Forwarders from the Wii U side? Just swapping the controllers? What do I need to do?)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you can install redNAND but the big question is why would you want to I the first place? When haxchi does everything rednand does plus a whole lot more plus it's more stable than rednand. It's actually a heck of a lot more easier to brick rednand than it is to brick sysnand plus wii VC titles don't boot from rednand ect. Rednand is only of use to developers so as they can try things out in safety. A huge and I mean a huge number of members on this site myself included will tell you to have nothing at all to do with rednand it's simply not worth the hassle to use it. As for nintendont your gamecube controllers will work perfectly fine for gamecube games (unless your mayflash is this one http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiGC/PC051.html) . It tells you this in the official nintendont thread lol https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/#Controllers look at the usb/hid gamecube controllers section

Last edited by AmandaRose,

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am well aware of the limitations of RedNAND, no vWii support, an easier chance to brick. But I maintain that it is a lot better to have a secondary NAND that you can brick without any consequences other than having to reinstall RedNAND. However I have another question regarding the config when installing RedNAND with Mocha. In the tutorial I am using it says it should look like this:
  • config view mode: expert
  • Skip the menu on launch: on
  • Show launch image: on
  • Don't relaunch OS: off
  • Launch System Menu: on
  • redNAND: on
  • SEEPROM redirection: on
  • OTP redirection: on
  • Use syshax.xml (coldboothax): off
But for "Use syshax.xml (coldboothax): off" should I change it to on when installing it with CBHC on? The guide doesn't take having Coldboot Haxchi already installed into account. I'm not going to autoboot to Mocha CFW and therefore to RedNAND, however, I do plan on selecting Mocha/RedNAND at the boot selection whenever I want to use it. Is it required when you are autobooting to RedNAND? Or is it required if you have CBHC installed no matter what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more