ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm quite interested, and one of my friends said he can install it pretty easily. Is this one of the best deals I can get for this?

If all you're playing is WC3, I'd recommend getting an older, used graphics card, search craigslist or something. My PoS x300 SE (slower edition) which I've long since replaced, could run WC3 at 60 fps

Yeah, But could it max, it at his native resolution? The card I posted isn't too expensive and you can guarantee you'll get the best results.

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Also, how would i go about installing it? I understand that it is merely unplugging the old one and plugging the new one in and installing the drivers on the disk, but then one of my friends said that the geforce 6150 (the card i have in my pc now) is an integrated card, and could pose a problem.
Go into your BIOS and disable the integrated graphics first. Then proceed as normal.

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Urza said:
PharaohsVizier said:
Also, how would i go about installing it? I understand that it is merely unplugging the old one and plugging the new one in and installing the drivers on the disk, but then one of my friends said that the geforce 6150 (the card i have in my pc now) is an integrated card, and could pose a problem.
Go into your BIOS and disable the integrated graphics first. Then proceed as normal.

So would I remove the integrated graphics card or would I leave it in there, except it is disabled?
Integrated means exactly that. Its built into the motherboard and generally shouldn't be removed.

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Lol sorry for the double post, but basically the 6600GT is dead, I guess that's why it was in the garage. So back to the 8800GT seeing as how the deal has been extended. I was reading up on people's installations, and they were saying that it was noisy or might even kill my TV tuner capabilities with my m8200n.
Don't you mean 8600 GT?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It really shouldn't affect your TV Tuner. Just go for it and if there are any problems, come back here and we'll try our best to try and see what's the problem.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the 9600gt is comparable to the 8600 in everything. It's just a hardware revision for 45nm.

but it will be nice for res. below 1600 x 1200, no dual monitor setup.

if you want a real geforce 9 wait until may.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You will definately notice the noise increase. I bought a 7900GT and I put it into a box that was virtually quiet. Not only did its idle sound annoy me, the active sound drove me nuts. I went as far as to buy a Zalman cooler and install it myself on the card to calm things down.

You WILL notice the sound difference.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These menial difference can always be overcome by a LITTLE bit of overclocking.

If its just for Warcraft III, you'll more than suffice. Heck you could even do Crysis on medium .

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ati has a new hybrid crossfire tech. You can combine any 3000 series card with any 3000 series card in crossfire (SLI, with ATI cards). It is probably compatible with 4000 series cards, so buying a 3850 now and a 4000 card later is a good investment. No longer do you have to take that old card out.

Posts merged

It is also compatible with their new integrated graphics mobo chipset.

techforumz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xJonny said:
And the 8800 GT is still the winner. My 7800 GTX is still doing well, I'll hold off til more DX10 games come out and maybe look into a 9800 GTwhatever.

The 9600 wasn't designed to challenge the 8800[gt] but to replace the 8600.

Oh, plus:
9800gx2 anyone?

grog.gif
Than why does my 7600GS pwn a 6800GT in almost every way?

mojoex

Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
techforumz said:
xJonny said:
And the 8800 GT is still the winner. My 7800 GTX is still doing well, I'll hold off til more DX10 games come out and maybe look into a 9800 GTwhatever.

The 9600 wasn't designed to challenge the 8800[gt] but to replace the 8600.

Oh, plus:
9800gx2 anyone?

grog.gif
Than why does my 7600GS pwn a 6800GT in almost every way?
youre an idiot.
you cant compare the latest generation of graphics cards to cards that are years old..

also, thats not true.
the 7600GT would beat it, without AA.
but the GS wouldnt.
7600's cant handle AA for shit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/o2TO5atI4rU?si=sOlJH6YDAUiakK0U +1